Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested to know who the 5(?) arrests are. I mean there was apparently one before the game for possession of a weapon, then there's the guy with the head wound, at least two got thrown out from the East Stand (could have been 50), then there's the two who wandered down the pitch. So I've got to 6 already, nobody from within the stands?

The Jimmy Savile/Worzel Gummidge/Hippy Peaky Blinder guy looked as though he was just walked back to the stand by the stewards, so maybe wouldn't be in the arrests.

Probably released back into the wild, or back into the supervision of his carer.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think both sides just wanted it to end, they just wanted to get through the game another goal it would've kicked off again I reckon.

It would be interesting the know the conversation the ref was having with Cunha before it re-started.

Something along the lines of, "if you score again, please keep the celebrations muted?!".

Would have been funny if Cunha had said yes, of course, then scored again and gone full 'Ryan Giggs shirt around the head down the touchline crazy'. Ok, maybe not that funny, as it would have kicked off again.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guy I work with reckons because of the crowd trouble the game should be null and void and replayed.
I bet that he does. Reward the knuckledraggers for their thuggery. That couldn't go wrong going forward......

Tell him not to hold his breath but he can cross his six fingers and seven toes....

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sadistically looking forward to talkSPORT at 10am where, no doubt, Jim White will sit on the side of “justice” and apportion equal blame to both fans/clubs. He’ll probably cry for any future Black Country derbies to be played behind closed doors as well.
Theyve opened the show still talking about Klopp leaving lol. Not even a mention of ANY of the weekend football.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
100%

But it’s the FA we’re talking about… So Wolves get fined for our players inciting trouble by excessive celebrations in a heated atmosphere, for throwing flares, and for throwing (back) objects at the Albion fans.

The FA have form for digging out ridiculous charges against us. Even for things which happen in the vast majority of English football matches every week to some extent.
The FA is always on the look out for ways to fill its own trough. An arbitrary fine for diddly squat will suit them fine and keep their gravy train running a bit longer.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The Jimmy Savile/Worzel Gummidge/Hippy Peaky Blinder guy looked as though he was just walked back to the stand by the stewards, so maybe wouldn't be in the arrests.

Probably released back into the wild, or back into the supervision of his carer.
Well after yesterday when they said the guy covered in blood was a Wolves fan, the Mail aren't my favourites for accuracy, but suspect they might have dug out some actual journalist for this.

A 16-year-old held on suspicion of an offensive weapon after he was stopped by officers using Section 60 stop and search powers in a pub before the game
A 29-year-old man arrested for affray after violence in one of the stands
A 24-year-old man arrested for violent disorder after pushing towards officers
A 33-year-old man arrested for violent disorder and assaulting police officers after pushing one officer to the floor and kicking out at another
A 34-year-old man arrested on suspicion of a public order offence after picking up a corner flag and brandishing it as a weapon

A 58-year-old man arrested for assaulting a police officer after throwing punches at officers.

So my guess is that there's an Albion fan pre-match, then the last one is the guy with the blood (because I really hope he's over 34!). There's three in the East Stand. I completely missed the guy with the corner flag! Mr and Mrs Saville seem to have escaped unpunished, which makes a joke of repeated announcements that it's illegal to enter the field of play.

Crucially almost certainly all Albion fans though.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Yeah, none of this is down to anything we've done as a club. And while unwise, I don't think you can blame any Wolves fans.

I think the club might get done for our fans throwing back the stuff that was thrown at them, that's probably the only charge we could be up for.

It's not illegal to be in the home end. Thousands do it for every match, every weekend.

It is unwise to celebrate a goal when sitting in the home end, especially the home end of local rivals. But again, I don't think it's against the law?

It is however illegal to physically attack someone who is sitting in the home end and/or celebrating a goal.

It's also an offence to enter the pitch.

It's an offence to strike a steward or police officer.

They'll be made an example of. Realistically, there should be 50+ banned for life, although I don't reckon they'll be able to identify a lot who are there with their mate's free ticket.

Then you've got the issues Albion's end. Ticketing was obviously a joke. How many other Wolves fans were there in their end but staying quiet and well behaved? I was offered tickets in the Albion end by 2 or 3 different people! I'm sure loads were the same.

An absolute shambles. Their desperation to sell out has directly led to this.
So true. If Wolves had been given the proper allocation in the Smethwick End then away fans would have all been in the same end (and easier to police) and not needed to get tickets from their Albion season ticket holding mates.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
So true. If Wolves had been given the proper allocation in the Smethwick End then away fans would have all been in the same end (and easier to police) and not needed to get tickets from their Albion season ticket holding mates.
Not really true, we could have sold 10k easily, 1200 more wouldn't have stopped the problem. Albion's method of selling tickets was the problem (and their fans who weren't satisfied with away fans who celebrated simply being removed).

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Not really true, we could have sold 10k easily, 1200 more wouldn't have stopped the problem. Albion's method of selling tickets was the problem (and their fans who weren't satisfied with away fans who celebrated simply being removed).
Point taken, the away allocation was never going to be big enough. I thought the stewards were useless and the massed troops of the WMP were at the wrong end, but I'm sure that will get missed in the 'investigation'

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A while ago a friend asked me to accompany him to a rugby match at Leicester. Though not a massive rugby fan, I thanked him and went along. It was Leicester Tigers v Saracens. What a difference it was to a football crowd.

Fans of Tigers and Saracens were sat next to each other.
Alcohol was served and allowed in the stands.
There was good natured banter, but not the slightest sign of trouble.
Stewarding was low key and their main job was helping visiting supporters to find their seat.

All in, it was a pleasant experience, which begs the question why football supporters are so different to their rugby counterparts?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A while ago a friend asked me to accompany him to a rugby match at Leicester. Though not a massive rugby fan, I thanked him and went along. It was Leicester Tigers v Saracens. What a difference it was to a football crowd.

Stewarding was low key and their main job was helping visiting supporters to find their seat.

All in, it was a pleasant experience, which begs the question why football supporters are so different to their rugby counterparts?
Coz rugby doesn’t take over your life.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps in England that's the case.

But Welsh police might disagree about which set of fans they think are more trouble!

Comes down to culture and tribalism. Rugby is far from the most popular sport in England, so has less tribalism.

But rugby is in the blood of every Welshman, so it matters more. It defines moods and becomes more important than a lot of other things in life.

Football is similar in England.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Away fans have been in the 'home' end for years. No doubt there will United fans dotted around the ground on the Thursday night.

The point is however that not every ground allows 200+ fans from one end to run around the pitch to attack a handful of away fans in another end (while the stewards and police do nothing). Similarly, not every ground allows fans to throw bottles at opposition players (while the stewards and police do nothing).

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to Bath v Wasps a few years back.

Weird atmosphere with nothing to enjoy. Dull.

Went to pub after about an hour

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From another forum, from an eye witness to what really happened, worth a read

“IS IT REALLY WORTH IT AT ALL EXCEPT TO LET THE YOBS HAVE A SPECIAL DAY OUT ?? I was in the East Stand today with family and we politely clapped every West Brom attack and sat very still when Wolves attacked or scored. It didn't bother me at all---I'd rather be with my fellow Wanderers all around me, but I'd enjoy watching Wolves if I had to sit on a floodlight. The match is pretty easy to sum up : Wolves looked a classy Premier League team and WBA looked like an ordinary lower division team. We were dominant throughout the game, whether defending or attacking. We were confident, composed, well organised, not one of our players below par. The goals were good ones. I especially liked the "Doherty to Neto" goal because I have been a huge fan of Matt for many years--as well as Neto like everyone else of course ( nice to see him back----he looked tired in the second half but his presence on the field seems to lift other players. So the right team won fairly easily. My Man Of Match was Cunha.
BUT the game was ruined by yobs who have no place anywhere near our national game. I won't go into great detail which just fuels the air that the yobs need to exist. But I saw everything that went on and , while it must be said that home yobs started a riot after the Cunha goal, it certainly looked like Wolves fans were in parts of the home areas and did their fair share of violence. Down in the corner seemed very nasty as well, and it was shameful to see the family and kids area being threatened. Same at the other end where the Wolves' disabled wheelchair section was at the front, close to the pitch. It was heartbreaking to see players removing their kids from a section that should have been safe but turned out to be one of the worst hit areas. I was there in 1989 when Bully scored the winner with one minute of the match left----and there was no trouble. What happened today had a lot to do with QUOTE="Black Country Wanderer, post: 7849048, member: 5922"]
Theres no doubt we will get a fine
As a club we have done nothing wrong,but a few fans bought tickets in the home end and stupidly cheered the second goal,it was always going to kick off then
Nothing wrong with buying tickets anywhere, ive done it myself, but you dont celebrate goals no matter how you feel thats the price you have to pay
Its a 90%-10% one to WBA and they will get a big fine,but the FA will ofc make an example of both teams,perhaps rightly so,no matter how small the misdemeanour, its still the fuse that lit the powder keg

No, what lit the powder keg, was that they lost on their own ground for the first time in 75 years in the FA cup, against their local rivals and the reality has hit home, just how far behind us they are. They had had the bragging rights for years, but that came to an end yesterday, and the reality hit home, that they are a nothing club.
Buying a ticket in another part of the stadium, is down to the person who sold it. I saw one Wolves supporter get kicked in the back with about 50 Albion fans go on the pitch and try to get in to the part where the 1 Wolves fan was and a few in the Rainbow stand. I didn't see one Wolves fan being violent, throw a punch, or looking for trouble.
There are 3 thing we learn from yesterday. One is Albion fans give it big in numbers against an individual scarfer,, 2 they are bad losers and now know that we are years ahead of them and 3, they are the scruffiest, inbred supporters in the UK.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps in England that's the case.

But Welsh police might disagree about which set of fans they think are more trouble!

Comes down to culture and tribalism. Rugby is far from the most popular sport in England, so has less tribalism.

But rugby is in the blood of every Welshman, so it matters more. It defines moods and becomes more important than a lot of other things in life.

Football is similar in England.
Similarly rugby league in the North of England. I've seen rugby league fans down in the Smoke for the Wembley final who made most football fans look like saints.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
The Baggie mate of mine who was in the Brummie road, close to where it kicked off said as far as he could see it was one Wolves fan that was targetted by Albion fans after the goal, cops tried to go in sort it out, they were heavy handed and that's when the brummie road lot piled in on the Police.

WMP seem to be incredibly eager to get the batons out, remember one of them leaping around like a chimpanzee at the Villa game last season when we were simply walking back to the station, looked absolutely ridiculous, people were just laughing at him.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a party pooper view, but I think the authorities (assumed councils?) have some questions to answer as the police asked for an 11.45 ko for obvious reasons, but then they approved a load of 5.30am pub licenses. Which completey went against the police having the early ko.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Baggie mate of mine who was in the Brummie road, close to where it kicked off said as far as he could see it was one Wolves fan that was targetted by Albion fans after the goal, cops tried to go in sort it out, they were heavy handed and that's when the brummie road lot piled in on the Police.

WMP seem to be incredibly eager to get the batons out, remember one of them leaping around like a chimpanzee at the Villa game last season when we were simply walking back to the station, looked absolutely ridiculous, people were just laughing at him.

There's videos of the guy in the white jacket on social media, singing Wolves songs from the off. Singing F off West Brom to the Liquidator.

It was obvious to everyone around him that him and his mates were Wolves fans from the very start.

Yet no one did anything about it until going 2-0 down and turning salty.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a party pooper view, but I think the authorities (assumed councils?) have some questions to answer as the police asked for an 11.45 ko for obvious reasons, but then they approved a load of 5.30am pub licenses. Which completey went against the police having the early ko.
Depends really on whether they were one off licenses or already in place. If the former l absolutely agree.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's videos of the guy in the white jacket on social media, singing Wolves songs from the off. Singing F off West Brom to the Liquidator.

It was obvious to everyone around him that him and his mates were Wolves fans from the very start.

Yet no one did anything about it until going 2-0 down and turning salty.
I'm not defending their fans but l'd have to question his sanity. The one thing that you do in any home section, let alone that one, is keep a low profile. I bet whoever got his ticket for him is deeply chuffed....

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The video does show one copper getting knocked over early in the melee, maybe that then made the others pile in over zealously.
Also, when the cameras first went to it, you could see 3 or 4 young lads making a sharp exit from thensesting area top left of the screen, assume they were wolves fans who thought 'f this'.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For games like this, they should just do a 10pm Saturday night kick off.

That way everyone would have burned themselves out, or be easier to control as they'd struggle to stand if pushed.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not defending their fans but l'd have to question his sanity.

Yeah, I mean it's clearly insane behaviour. But I suppose where they were sat, it would be similar to 4 or 5 youths doing the same in our Family Enclosure.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For games like this, they should just do a 10pm Saturday night kick off.

That way everyone would have burned themselves out, or be easier to control as they'd sturggle to stand if pushed.
Those on Columbian marching powder would have another sniff and be even more aggressive....

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

I'm no fan of the way WMP have behaved over the years, and I can't speak about what went off in their corner, but in the East Stand I'd say they were pretty controlled, yes the batons were going at times, but there were plenty of punches coming towards them to provoke it. Maybe too slow to get the guys with the helmets out.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Good point.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ive spoke to a few who were there and they say the opposite
The police were too passive until a steward was getting punched trying to remove the Wolves fan from the scene then they went in and got attacked themselves,obviously they reacted then and rightly so
The police get a lot of stick for heavy handedness but this time they seem to be too passive until it got out of hand and thats down to WBA fans

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well after yesterday when they said the guy covered in blood was a Wolves fan, the Mail aren't my favourites for accuracy, but suspect they might have dug out some actual journalist for this.

A 16-year-old held on suspicion of an offensive weapon after he was stopped by officers using Section 60 stop and search powers in a pub before the game
A 29-year-old man arrested for affray after violence in one of the stands
A 24-year-old man arrested for violent disorder after pushing towards officers
A 33-year-old man arrested for violent disorder and assaulting police officers after pushing one officer to the floor and kicking out at another
A 34-year-old man arrested on suspicion of a public order offence after picking up a corner flag and brandishing it as a weapon

A 58-year-old man arrested for assaulting a police officer after throwing punches at officers.

So my guess is that there's an Albion fan pre-match, then the last one is the guy with the blood (because I really hope he's over 34!). There's three in the East Stand. I completely missed the guy with the corner flag! Mr and Mrs Saville seem to have escaped unpunished, which makes a joke of repeated announcements that it's illegal to enter the field of play.

Crucially almost certainly all Albion fans though.

I’m not convinced that the Mail really knows anything about the bloodied fan.

Linked below is a vlog from an Albion fan in the corner near the Wolves fans, and it provides some footage of the Albion fans kicking off and fighting with the police. It looks like right at the start of that, a Wolves fan came over to taunt the Albion fans from the touchline, but he was quickly escorted away even before the police arrived and the fighting began. The second vlog is from further along that stand, but does show the two idiot Albion fans who came into the middle of the pitch, and around 21 mins, the bloodied fan being taken away past the Wolves fans. The vlogs also show a rain of missiles from the Albion fans down onto the police in front of them.

The tweet below the vlogs shows the Wolves fans view of the bloodied fan being escorted away, and since he’s giving it large towards the Wolves fans, I can’t see him being one of ours. Loads of other tweets from the Wolves end show a lot of fighting between the Albion fans and the police.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe partly to do with how funny they were?

If someone gets aggressive while in fancy dress, it's rarely worrying or confrontational, but mainly hilarious.
Perhaps, although tell that to the bloke he crept up behind (like a smelly ninja) and booted in the spine.

Back
Top Bottom