Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not enjoying listening to the media talking about fighting between the fans as if there was fault on our side.

Not much idea what happened at their end, presume Wolves fans, but they will have got their tickets via Albion and they won't be starting trouble, whatever your opinion of that situation.

Down our end it was 100% them, literally no problems with Wolves fans.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will go to VAR and we will get the game replayed and wolves fined.

It will be a fine for them.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coverage on tv was poor about the crowd disturbance it mentioned some wolves supporters in the home end triggering it but seemed more of a hunch than based on fact.
I mean anyone getting a ticket in the home end is madness in a local derby.
Maybe any future game could be played behind doors?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not enjoying listening to the media talking about fighting between the fans as if there was fault on our side.

Not much idea what happened at their end, presume Wolves fans, but they will have got their tickets via Albion and they won't be starting trouble, whatever your opinion of that situation.

Down our end it was 100% them, literally no problems with Wolves fans.
Looked like one wolves fan on videos so far. What an over reaction

Awful ground where fans can literally walk onto the pitch

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're getting in the neck from the Beeb.
If we had supporters in their end, I dare say they will be dealt with, but the other goings on next to our end was not down to us.
They say there's been three arrests.
Is that ours, or them bonzo's of theirs fighting with the old bill?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coverage on tv was poor about the crowd disturbance it mentioned some wolves supporters in the home end triggering it but seemed more of a hunch than based on fact.
I mean anyone getting a ticket in the home end is madness in a local derby.
Maybe any future game could be played behind doors?

Yeah, can understand that "never go with the other fans" attitude. But realistically, there's always some away fans (and neutrals) in with the home fans at any game. It's not a licence for the home fans to physically attack them.

If WOlves fans got tickets in the home end, they got them from Albion supporters, presumably? Doesn't that risk your season ticket getting banned?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching on tv and really angered at the commentary accusing both sets of fans, wolves in the home end etc. yet the pictures we see was JUST Albion fans causing the problems. They were losing 2-0, and the in bred ****ers simply couldnt handle it so invaded the pitch, and fought the police… while Wolves fans simply watched on.

if there were Wolves fans in that corner then they would have been given them by Albion fans. But the trouble I saw play out was Albion v West Midlands Police. It wouldn’t take 38 minutes to get one or two Wolves fans removed from that corner…..

dont forget the bottles thrown at Doyle too.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s wait and see. Police, FA and clubs to review the videos, of which there should be plenty. As I said in a different post, since there appeared to be no issues amongst our fans in the Away end, and there didn’t appear to be any of our fans on the pitch, then I can’t see how our club can be held responsible for the trouble.

On their forum, I saw someone suggesting there are videos showing our fans in their end having a go. I haven’t seen any such videos, and I can’t see it happening either. Likely that’s bs. If some Wolves fans got tickets in there, and they celebrated the second goal, then I could see that sparking trouble. But that’s down to the individuals who got the tickets, and the Albion fans or club who sold them.

Some media commentators and journalists saying both fans threw missiles. Doyle was definitely getting targeted by water bottles from Albion fans in corner near the Wolves end. That was very evident on tv. I wouldn’t be surprised if bottles were thrown from our end into the Albion fans down that end, but I haven’t seen any evidence of that. Nor have I seen evidence we threw them at the Albion players or staff. Flares were thrown in our end, which may be what commentators are referring to when saying we threw “missiles”.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
They said one bloke in hospital, well he'll be the bald guy who was throwing punches at the coppers until one of them whacked him with a baton. The only other person I saw needing treatment was the ball boy hit by a bottle also from the East Stand. Absolute embarrassment.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Let’s wait and see. Police, FA and clubs to review the videos, of which there should be plenty. As I said in a different post, since there appeared to be no issues amongst our fans in the Away end, and there didn’t appear to be any of our fans on the pitch, then I can’t see how our club can be held responsible for the trouble.

On their forum, I saw someone suggesting there are videos showing our fans in their end having a go. I haven’t seen any such videos, and I can’t see it happening either. Likely that’s bs. If some Wolves fans got tickets in there, and they celebrated the second goal, then I could see that sparking trouble. But that’s down to the individuals who got the tickets, and the Albion fans or club who sold them.

Some media commentators and journalists saying both fans threw missiles. Doyle was definitely getting targeted by water bottles from Albion fans in corner near the Wolves end. That was very evident on tv. I wouldn’t be surprised if bottles were thrown from our end into the Albion fans down that end, but I haven’t seen any evidence of that. Nor have I seen evidence we threw them at the Albion players or staff. Flares were thrown in our end, which may be what commentators are referring to when saying we threw “missiles”.
A couple of bottles went back towards their fans, probably one for every 10 that came our way. None onto the pitch or at the players (or ball boys!). One young lad had a pocket money bonus picking up all the coins in the bottom corner of the stand.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of bottles went back towards their fans, probably one for every 10 that came our way. None onto the pitch or at the players (or ball boys!). One young lad had a pocket money bonus picking up all the coins in the bottom corner of the stand.

Sounds very similar to the Boro game then. Also bottles thrown in that game by the Albion idiots to the Boro players in that corner, also some exchanges of bottles between the two groups of fans, and like today, police taking away Albion fans much to the entertainment of the Boro fans. Unlike today, they were winning and hence no trouble down the other end.

Any trouble outside the ground afterwards?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Sounds very similar to the Boro game then. Also bottles thrown in that game by the Albion idiots to the Boro players in that corner, also some exchanges of bottles between the two groups of fans, and like today, police taking away Albion fans much to the entertainment of the Boro fans. Unlike today, they were winning and hence no trouble down the other end.

Any trouble outside the ground afterwards?
Surprised there was trouble from there against Boro to be honest as I assumed they were Albion fans moves out of the Smethwick, seems a strange place for trouble makers to sit. We were probably helped by the 500 or so seats covered over in the corner.

Walked out and up through the coaches onto the Birmingham Rd and it was as if no match had been played by the time we got there. Can't speak for the Metro though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
An Albion fan called WM after the match and said he was right in the middle of the seats where it started. He said that a Wolves fan was in there and celebrated the second goal and then, to be fair to him, said it all kicked off because hundreds of Albion fans from behind the goal tried to get to him. Said he was embarrassed that, as he put it, "800 hard men thought they had to attack one fan for celebrating." Personally, I think it's poor form to celebrate if you have a ticket in the home end, but it still doesn't excuse mass violence as a response.

There was another Albion fan who called in and said that it was the fault of Albion fans for buying and selling home tickets to Wolves fans and the club should ban them for life. This whole 'blame on both sides ' narrative is nonsense. Albion need to carefully control their ticket sales.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised there was trouble from there against Boro to be honest as I assumed they were Albion fans moves out of the Smethwick, seems a strange place for trouble makers to sit. We were probably helped by the 500 or so seats covered over in the corner.

Walked out and up through the coaches onto the Birmingham Rd and it was as if no match had been played by the time we got there. Can't speak for the Metro though.

I noticed that, and I agree. Likely would have been worse had those seats not been covered up.

Yeah I was surprised at the Boro game too, but I saw the same at the Millwall v Boro game a few years ago. Very similar behaviour from the Millwall idiots as those at Albion. Maybe it’s because like Wolves, Boro away fans are pretty vocal and are up for the banter, so we and they wind up the home fans. We took the metro for the Boro game, but I can’t say I’d have fancied that today. Even if they cleared the Albion fans before releasing ours, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some idiot Albion fans waiting for Wolves fans down the line.

Back
Top Bottom