Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not making light of it but who is this mad ******* Wolves fan then who not only celebrated but then shushed the brummie rd end? Crazy ****!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's exactly the point, it's a societal problem. I can watch a rugby league game here, and the blokes here are bigger due to most of them playing rugby league at school and generally being taller than us anyway, you could say they are more physically threatening and capable of doing damage.
I went to one semi-final with a scouser mate and we were amazed, fans all mixed up together drinking beer and lots of banter flying back and forth...absolutely no hint of trouble, no threat. It felt really strange, my mate said on the way out he's never been to an event so important where he didn't hear a single swear word or curse all day.
While I agree to some extent, it's also that edge that makes it the best sport in the world. Of course it boils over from time to time - and often looks pathetic because of it! - I'm not sure I'd enjoy a version of the sport without any needle at all.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baggies fans here After Match Debate are pretty disgusted by their own fans TBF

heres one example:
Appalled, ashamed and embarrassed but not by the result or the performance but by West Brom fans. The performance was actually pretty reasonable given the injury situation and there were a few chances that could have been converted but ultimately, Premier League quality in the final third killed us off.

As for the fans and the suspension in play, it’s going to be discussed a lot on here this week but I’m appalled and ashamed. If you want to smash someone’s head in for supporting a different football club, football isn’t for you. “Oh but they were sat in the home end” I hear you cry. So what? I’m sure people on here are related to Wolves fans, people will work with them, people will live next door to them and some will have friends who support them. People shouldn’t be getting attacked for supporting a football club. I don’t care that it’s Wolves and I don’t care that it’s the derby. Today was an embarrassment and I’m ashamed of West Bromwich Albion fans. One of our own players seemingly refused to play on after his family were in the vicinity of the mindless thugs. Children and women around and they’re behaving like that?

I hope the club gets serious, identifies them all and bans them all for life.

A reasonable take. Looks like Wolves fans have infiltrated their forum as well as their home end.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reporting by most media is way off the mark. Some trying to make out the trouble was between both sets of fans.

I don't know if a couple of Wolves got tickets in the ****e end to supposedly light the blue touch paper, but bloody hell the response from the Bummy end yob attack was way out of order.

The rabble in the corner near Wolves in the Smethwick end were just itching to kick something off. Bottles chucked at the corner takers and eventually full on confrontation with stewards and police. The blooded bald guy led out by the police was a leading protagonist in this group and got clouted by a coppers truncheon or two. Loads there trying to get on the pitch having a go for a fair while.

Wolves supporters just sang their songs and wondered about the mentality of these yobs.

Some media are just way of the mark with copyists regurgitating the same bile with a bit of exaggeration. **** sticks, but in this case the **** definitely should stick on the ****e!

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Mail hardly slagging wolves or GON off, said fighting in the stands and maybe the fist pumps were a bit much considering what had gone off less than an hour before. His opinion and he's entitled too it though I'd argue that was huge for GON, the state we were in a few days before the season and have us safe and just turn over our local rivals I'd personally be doing a lot more than fist pumps

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The reporting by most media is way off the mark. Some trying to make out the trouble was between both sets of fans.

I don't know if a couple of Wolves got tickets in the ****e end to supposedly light the blue touch paper, but bloody hell the response from the Bummy end yob attack was way out of order.

The rabble in the corner near Wolves in the Smethwick end were just itching to kick something off. Bottles chucked at the corner takers and eventually full on confrontation with stewards and police. The blooded bald guy led out by the police was a leading protagonist in this group and got clouted by a coppers truncheon or two. Loads there trying to get on the pitch having a go for a fair while.

Wolves supporters just sang their songs and wondered about the mentality of these yobs.

Some media are just way of the mark with copyists regurgitating the same bile with a bit of exaggeration. **** sticks, but in this case the **** definitely should stick on the ****e!
Yes, just watching the news you might imagine loads of people had spilled onto the pitch from the corner between the Halfords and Brummie Rd, but in fact they had all run to get involved from the other sections at that end.

You could see the way they'd wound themselves up for it, they know they're miles behind us in every way that matters (better screens, I think that's it) and today was their chance to show they still have a voodoo sign over us, but they don't, they'll be an irrelevance for 10 more years now, but without their one thing to crow about.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Exactly. Idiots (including the wolves fans in the albion end) spoiling it for others.

I'm probably soft, but i wouldn't take my children to an away game, and certainly not the albion.
This rhetoric is annoying me. Football fans going in the wrong end is wrong and bad form. No more. No less.

Punching them is a crime. A criminal act.

Albion fans are 6 fingered sister lovers who don't know the difference. We are better. The line is clear?

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My brother-in-law and youngest nephew are of the stripey persuasion and were right next to where some of the trouble started. The lad in the white top with his hands up trying to leave, and his 3 mates celebrated Cunhas goal, then realised where they were, tried to make a quick exit, but got attacked on the way out.
My brother-in-law decided it was best to get the nephew out of the way and go home, which is a very sensible decision for an albion fan

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brave man waiting till he can get a cheap punch in from behind , can see his face clearly and should rightly be charged and banned no excuse at all just to punch someone like that.
One chap walking out hands in the air as if surrendering. They then decide to rough him up with several cheap shots before seemingly patting each other on the back for their bravery.

I noted this kind of thuggery creeping into the American NFL.

Last edited:

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a few decent comments tbf to them:

View attachment 40120
Very hard to disagree with any of that. Eloquently put.

The only point I’d raise is the "national disgrace" bit... it reads as though that's a result of today's actions, when it's actually been a lot longer than that.

Otherwise, fair play, sir.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The commentary on the Match of the Day highlights started with describing the relationship between us and them as "pure hatred". Is that responsible journalism? Pathetic ****
-stirring from the BBC. My oldest mate, from school days, is a Baggie. It's a rivalry, nothing more, for the vast majority.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away fans have found ways to get home tickets for big games since forever. Don't really see that much of a problem with it but you really should show respect and not celebrate or wind up those around you.

No excuse for the way Albion fans decided to fight police and stewards though, or for throwing stuff at Doyle. I expect a fairly hefty fine coming their way, especially as the game was televised, they'll never admit it but things always get made more of a fuss over when they happen on live TV.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's exactly the point, it's a societal problem. I can watch a rugby league game here, and the blokes here are bigger due to most of them playing rugby league at school and generally being taller than us anyway, you could say they are more physically threatening and capable of doing damage.
I went to one semi-final with a scouser mate and we were amazed, fans all mixed up together drinking beer and lots of banter flying back and forth...absolutely no hint of trouble, no threat. It felt really strange, my mate said on the way out he's never been to an event so important where he didn't hear a single swear word or curse all day.

How can you make a football club responsible for the personal behaviour of any individual? You can threaten them and make them accountable through punishment, but you can't hold them responsible because they didn't educate or raise these people, they only see them for 90 minutes every 2 weeks.
That's rugby though. It's just a different sport with a different culture around it. The attitude toward the referee is really amazing.

Henry Hill

Reaction score
I was watching on tv and really angered at the commentary accusing both sets of fans, wolves in the home end etc. yet the pictures we see was JUST Albion fans causing the problems. They were losing 2-0, and the in bred ****ers simply couldnt handle it so invaded the pitch, and fought the police… while Wolves fans simply watched on.

if there were Wolves fans in that corner then they would have been given them by Albion fans. But the trouble I saw play out was Albion v West Midlands Police. It wouldn’t take 38 minutes to get one or two Wolves fans removed from that corner…..

dont forget the bottles thrown at Doyle too.
Yes I was getting annoyed with the TV as they didn't seem to make too much of the bottles being thrown at Doyle incident. And I thought they would have bought a few police over at that stage to stop that. All I saw was three stewards looking into the crowd which, for a match of this rivarly, ain't enough. Obviously, it would be better if no away fans get in the home ends but it happens; but even if they were in their and celebrating a goal, its still no excuse for home fans to get physical.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's rugby though. It's just a different sport with a different culture around it. The attitude toward the referee is really amazing.
there’s a lot to be said for rugby here. from the moment you start playing you have to call the ref Sir.
Sir can I speak to you please?

If you get told No and carry on, ten yard penalties are coming your way don’t learn quickly!

Grassroots football is apparently already a vile place from an early age towards referees in some instances!

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

I have seen worser football fights, than this. Not excusing the behaviour of the Albion fans, yet, in the past. I have seen worser scenes. I am not excusing the use of violence/disruption. Of course fans should behave themselves. I have always thought Wolves fans to be very level headed, intelligent, and grounded.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a lot of people suggesting six of one, half a dozen of the other, both teams should be in trouble etc, but what would Wolves be charged with? One or two individuals independently buying tickets from albion fans? Happens at most games and is surely the home clubs problem? If a handful of Wolves fans managed to get tickets in their home end, whats that got to do with Wolves? Home fans still don’t have to attack them en masse? The fighting was all albion and you could see them lobbing bottles at Doyle live on the tele. Only managed to hit one of their own ballboys though.

I have a few albion mates who go on as if they are the bestest, most lovely fans in the country, and that Wolves are nothing but a bunch of horrible thugs. Given this odd superiority complex, I think yesterday has been a bit tough for some of them to process tbh. One or two Wolves in the home end is no excuse for that lot completely embarrassing themselves and football in general sorry. Couldn’t sell your tickets. Couldn’t handle losing. Can’t accept being miles behind. Never letting them forget this one.

That suggestion that some crazed Wolves fan spat at Bartleys missus is clearly some made up *******s. Makes zero actual sense at all.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Should Wolves fans be going in the Albion end and celebrating? No. But does that excuse people trying to give them a thump? No. Does it excuse people running from side of the ground to the other ACROSS THE PITCH to try and join in? No. Does it excuse the scruffs who ran on and tried to goad the away end? No. Does it excuse throwing bottles coins and lighters at Wolves fans and players? No.

Yesterday’s scenes weren’t pretty, but let’s get real, only one club has embarrassed and disgraced itself. And it ain’t us.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should Wolves fans be going in the Albion end and celebrating? No. But does that excuse people trying to give them a thump? No. Does it excuse people running from side of the ground to the other ACROSS THE PITCH to try and join in? No. Does it excuse the scruffs who ran on and tried to goad the away end? No. Does it excuse throwing bottles coins and lighters at Wolves fans and players? No.

Yesterday’s scenes weren’t pretty, but let’s get real, only one club has embarrassed and disgraced itself. And it ain’t us.
Totally. I think we’d all condemn Wolves fans acting like theirs did yesterday, but based on the evidence I’ve seen, its Albion who’ve disgraced themselves. If some albion throbber has sold his ticket to a wolves fan how is that our problem? Hundreds of them also still don’t need to rush over to attack said fan or any of them invade the pitch? Not sure how it justifies them lobbing missiles at players and fans either?

Back
Top Bottom