Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

AJAX Amsterdam at Bescot 19th July-£6

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have gone through the threads and cannot find anything, is anyone going ? The kickoff being at 2pm on a Thursday will obviously restrict the gate. I have held off buying a ticket as Walsall are only selling the main "Homeserve" stand and I fancy sitting elsewhere. They have also allocated a couple of sections in the same stand for Ajax fans, which seems ludicrous as they may bring a few and the whole ground is available. So far we have sold about just over half the stand.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might wait to see what team we're putting out (could be development?) and probably book the afternoon off and head over as I'm in Walsall anyway. Can you park at the ground?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird arrangement this. Ajax have a rough element who might travel and we do too. It's a 'friendly' so I think it could work just fine but could also, potentially, be problematic if there's no segregation. The kick off time and location suggest they fancy what will effectively be a closed door game. I live too far away to go (I did go to the friendly a few seasons back vs Walsall where it kicked off a bit) but would if I could.

D

Deleted member 5962

I have gone through the threads and cannot find anything, is anyone going ? The kickoff being at 2pm on a Thursday will obviously restrict the gate. I have held off buying a ticket as Walsall are only selling the main "Homeserve" stand and I fancy sitting elsewhere. They have also allocated a couple of sections in the same stand for Ajax fans, which seems ludicrous as they may bring a few and the whole ground is available. So far we have sold about just over half the stand.

Already got my tickets.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
and Ajax get to play Walsall too in the evening

D

Deleted member 4456

Is that area where the two fans who sing stand open in the big stand behind the goal?

I’d imagine this isn’t the first teams

I think it will be as it's been advertised as ours. You'd also think Ajax would play their strongest team against us and their Jong team against Walsall.

D

Deleted member 5962

I think it will be as it's been advertised as ours. You'd also think Ajax would play their strongest team against us and their Jong team against Walsall.

Theres a chance we will get 45 mins against each.

boyceywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I really want to go if it is a first team match but there is just no information - very poor

B

Benson

I am going and I dont care if its a friendly friendly with a handful of youths given a chance for both teams.
Its Wolves vs Ajax and its an official game. £6 bargain and a good day out.

W

wolvesultra

The press release read something like

"Wolves will play Ajax" but "Nuno's team" will play Stoke, Derby etc.....that suggests to me this will be more of a squad game not 1st team.

B

Benson

The press release read something like

"Wolves will play Ajax" but "Nuno's team" will play Stoke, Derby etc.....that suggests to me this will be more of a squad game not 1st team.

Correct. There is a difference in how the games were annonuced:

"Nuno’s squad will travel to Pride Park on Saturday 28th July to take on Frank Lampard’s Derby County, before hosting La Liga side Villarreal CF at Molineux on Saturday 4th August.
Wolves will also make the short trip to Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium to take on Ajax at on Thursday 19th July, in an afternoon kick-off."

But when the tickets went on sale the text was:

"Nuno Espirito Santo’s side take on the European giants on Thursday 19th July with kick-off at 2pm."

W

wolvesultra

Correct. There is a difference in how the games were annonuced:

"Nuno’s squad will travel to Pride Park on Saturday 28th July to take on Frank Lampard’s Derby County, before hosting La Liga side Villarreal CF at Molineux on Saturday 4th August.
Wolves will also make the short trip to Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium to take on Ajax at on Thursday 19th July, in an afternoon kick-off."

But when the tickets went on sale the text was:

"Nuno Espirito Santo’s side take on the European giants on Thursday 19th July with kick-off at 2pm."
Yes that's the bit I read but yeah see you point tickets bit seems to contradict.

£6 though even for a friendly suggests to me a reserve/squad game.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought tickets for me and my lad, how stupid. Once I'd paid I found out it was at 2pm.
Idiot error.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One ticket left in the Wolves end. Are we getting more?

Back
Top Bottom