Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aggro

R

reanswolf

I think, ironically, Dougan's last game for us, which was last game of the 1974-75 season v Leeds, may have been one of the first times the North Bank crew started to go into the South bank for the last 15 minutes for a ruck with the away fans there. 1976-77 in Division 2 was the first time I recall the South Bank becoming the main home end from the start of the game, because they were still in the North bank for the season inbetween (1975-76).That season saw the massive games against Man utd in the Cup and Liverpool when they won the League. Wolves were definitely in the North Bank for those games.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Showing your age with that one
Here’s age for you:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley
Have you heard about the North Bank at Highbury?
Shanks said ‘No! I don’t think so! But I’ve heard about the Wanderers AGGRO!’

While probably stolen from somebody else, that was sung pretty much non stop in my school for a year or so.

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Subway was before the bridge boys.....subway late 78/79s till about 1983ish....bridge boys was late 1986 till operation growth......... Without going into detail you will always get a lot of wolves lads, like yesterday at at game end of October / early November... And end of march.......
Just before the bridge boys was the short lived WOLF “wolves organised loony fighters”
There’s always been fighting at football always will for one reason or other
From someone who was caught up in operation growth. I did it for the buzz nothing more nothing less
53 now other priorities in life plus more chilled like the story old bull and young bull lol

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A reflection of how our society has ‘evolved’ over the last 10 years.

Everything has become more and more polarised with little room for tolerance or compromise, and those divisions have been amplified by social media.

I mean, people genuinely get upset at players taking a knee for 7 seconds in an attempt to promote equality so it shouldn’t be too surprising that things are ‘kicking off’ elsewhere in the game.

I guess the fact that the last 18 months in particular have been such a ****show for everyone doesn’t help, but I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone can get so wound up by a game of football that they would physically assault others over it.
Simple answer: Drink.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just before the bridge boys was the short lived WOLF “wolves organised loony fighters”
From someone who was caught up in operation growth. I did it for the buzz nothing more nothing less
53 now other priorities in life plus more chilled like the story old bull and young bull lol
Yes I remember the wolf calling cards...... A couple of me mates were done in growth... I was onky 16/17 at the time... Was always there at the games but being young was a bit further back........ Some get out of it, some don't.... It certainly affected my one mate mentally for the rest of his life.... Until he passed away... You will definitely nw the lad I'm on about... Great lad but daft as a brush..

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
LOL, I took this pic in the Newhampton toilets back in August as I'd never heard of them and loved the spelling of "looney"

Attachments

• WOLF.jpg
    WOLF.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 106

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It always makes me chuckle when self styled 'hooligans' call themselves and their like 'lads'. Always comes across a bit child like to me.
They also have their own vocabulary and instead of saying, "They had 20 lads there", they say "They were 40 handed!" :D In their heads all of this fighting and posturing looks and sounds glamorous, but really it's just a bunch of sad immature ****s who don't know better.

Travelled all over supporting Wolves, mainly on trains, and love meeting and talking to knowledgeable and passionate fans of other teams, both before and after games. Nothing worse than a trip on a train full of posturing aggressive idiots completely ****ed, up for a fight and making everyone else's journey a nightmare.

Hated it in the 70s and 80s and hate it now. I've always been interested in the football only and it doesn't need fighting to make it more intense or exciting. It's mainly posturing anyway. A bit like this most of the time, hopping backwards and forwards with fists raised, yet they think it looks dangerous and cool in their heads.

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupidly time again is it?

Strictly for the stupid among us!

Apologies for being blunt, I have no time for this nonsense
We have all been young and stupid Waggy
Looking back and commenting on it in a more mature way now ,is ok by me
Most of the old crew are in their 70s now, and have more trouble putting their boots on than putting the boot in

Back
Top Bottom