Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

African nations cup.

E

Essex Wolf

Not ideal

whilst wanting the players to do well on one hand they could be a massive loss on the other so mixed feelings about this.

R

Redditch Wolves

This was really thought out by the management team when buying these players, $$$$$$$$s!!

A

andyc225

Not the end of the world. Loan players to cover for the month.

E

Essex Wolf

Of course if they lose their qualifying play offs.....

Sadly does make me think I almost hope they fall at the first hurdle which whilst selfish would be of benefit to Wolves who do, afterall, pay their wages.

I do understand the point Redditch makes and would have thought Stale knew all about this.

andy, seeing as how the new full time players are taking time to gel do you really think a few loans will suddenly cover things?

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gabon will beat Togo over two legs.

Nothing to see here.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only two players i think (Boukari, Doumbia), not the end of the world really is it?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Togo seem better on paper... who do Gabon have?

I just looked at their squad, pretty average to be fair. Although they do have Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who's a big prospect in France and was at Milan for alot of his youth.

E

Essex Wolf

It's only two players i think (Boukari, Doumbia), not the end of the world really is it?

Both would appear to be influential players though Skrilla. Just look how poor the side is without Henry.

Both missing several weeks could be a big loss. Don't forget other players may pick up injuries and/or suspensions.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its another reason why I find it strange that Stale only wants a squad of 22-24.

D

Deleted member 3545

I cant see what they have to moan about they knew this would/could happen when they signed the players.
Remember a few seasons ago Chelsea or Arsenal moaning about losing players the the ANC.
Simples id you dont want to lose players to the aNC then dont sign African players

D

Dewsburywolf

Both would appear to be influential players though Skrilla. Just look how poor the side is without Henry.

Both missing several weeks could be a big loss. Don't forget other players may pick up injuries and/or suspensions.

Can't Doumbia & Boukari pick up injuries then? Preferably in late December, nothing major just enough to see them not make their country's squads

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the most encouraging proposal, we are already well below the championship standard and that factor will add to our dismal start.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won't matterquite so much IF we strengthen in January and before with a couple of quality loannees but will we? However no getting around it we could lose three key players at a crucial time in the season. Jonsson, Forde and Edwards to star in their place????

E

Essex Wolf

Can't Doumbia & Boukari pick up injuries then? Preferably in late December, nothing major just enough to see them not make their country's squads

Of course they can DW but if they pick up injuries in the ANC or carry on playing because their teams progress they can't play for Wolves at all. I do get your point though.

D

Dewsburywolf

It won't matterquite so much IF we strengthen in January and before with a couple of quality loannees but will we? However no getting around it we could lose three key players at a crucial time in the season. Kostrna, Ismael & McAlinden to star in their place????

D

Dewsburywolf

Of course they can DW but if they pick up injuries in the ANC or carry on playing because their teams progress they can't play for Wolves at all. I do get your point though.

To be honest I only added the bit about them being ruled out of the countries' squads to stop even more moaning. They could just get injured & be ruled out of playing for us

E

Essex Wolf

To be honest I only added the bit about them being ruled out of the countries' squads to stop even more moaning. They could just get injured & be ruled out of playing for us

Yup did get the point and the original post wasn't so much a moan just a concern so to speak.

D

Dewsburywolf

Yup did get the point and the original post wasn't so much a moan just a concern so to speak.

I know mate & I wasn't intending to have a go at you in particular, players get injured & are missed but we get by in the most

E

Essex Wolf

I know mate & I wasn't intending to have a go at you in particular, players get injured & are missed but we get by in the most

I know mate.

Lets hope and pray Wolves at long last start to see some luck coming their way as regards injuries. The losses of O'Hara, Henry, Foley and others, all of whom I believe are and can be important players, have been missing too long too often.

D

Deleted member 3545

You are forgetting that these players may want to play for their countries in the ANC

S

SimplyTheWolves

You are forgetting that these players may want to play for their countries in the ANC

Good point HW. The ANC is akin to The European Championships for them so I would imagine they would find it very hard to say no.

D

Dewsburywolf

Good point HW. The ANC is akin to The European Championships for them so I would imagine they would find it very hard to say no.

I'd expect them to want to play for their countries

My point was more in response to the earlier statement re missing them whilst they're away ergo if they got injured in late December they couildn't go but recovery just after the ANC started would mean them being eligible to play for us

S

SimplyTheWolves

My point was more in response to the earlier statement re missing them whilst they're away ergo if they got injured in late December they couildn't go but recovery just after the ANC started would mean them being eligible to play for us

You mean, 'well you’ve got a nasty looking splinter in your pinkie there son, so we'll let the physio take a look at it before we declare you fit, he'll be back from his hols just when the ANC gets under way'.

D

Deleted member 3545

If that was the case then most managers would take the player knowing he would only miss one or two games but would be ready for the rest of the group games and knockout stages.

Purple Ronnie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not rocket science that you are going to be missing African players for a month during a season with an African Cup of nations is it. They will probably go awol after the tournament has finished

S

Skonsengwolf

They would NOT have played in the swedish or german cups..so yeah..alot more okay with this.
You are one lightweight dude.

I don't really care what you say dude, you can say whatever you want. I just don't like your sweeping statements about other ethnic groups that's all.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not from England so no.
Other than that..stay on topic you troll.

Shouldn't matter if a player is Nigerian, Swedish, American or Bazillion. If he's good enough to be a good player for us and wants to play for us we should welcome him to the club with open arms. Players should be judged on their footballing ability and attitude rather than nationality as you are suggesting. It's the 21st century, not the 19th or 20th.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Shouldn't matter if a player is Nigerian, Swedish, American or Bazillion. If he's good enough to be a good player for us and wants to play for us we should welcome him to the club with open arms. Players should be judged on their footballing ability and attitude rather than nationality as you are suggesting. It's the 21st century, not the 19th or 20th.

I disagree.I don´t like a team like Gunners playing a starting eleven not containing a single english player.
I do not like the Bosman rule and I do not understand what good it will be for football in the Wolverhampton area if the team consists of only african players par example.
You may disagree..but you have to agree my points has some value .

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree.I don´t like a team like Gunners playing a starting eleven not containing a single english player.
I do not like the Bosman rule and I do not understand what good it will be for football in the Wolverhampton area if the team consists of only african players par example.
You may disagree..but you have to agree my points has some value .

All businesses and organisations should take pride in being British and more importantly English and at least employ some English people who live locally IMO. Unfortunately, this isn't the case in football due to globalisation. While your points have been poorly explained, I can see the reasoning behind them. However, while English players are demanding ridiculous wages and costing big transfer fees, clubs will always look abroad (as we have for example) for cheaper, yet better talent. There's a big problem in the English football market but that's the way it is. English clubs, players and their agents are mostly accountable for it too.

S

Skonsengwolf

BTW Nero, you posts on this thread are being tweeted by the account @MoliMixMeltdown. I wonder why...

Nero wolf

Reaction score
BTW Nero, you posts on this thread are being tweeted by the account @MoliMixMeltdown. I wonder why...

Really?
Will there be a copyright fee involved?
They can tweet whatever they like.Twitter is only for dum$$$$s like headsgone anyways.

Back
Top Bottom