Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Advice: Portugal Holidays

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know theres a holidays thread but seeing as we have a strong Portuguese influence a separate one would be useful.
Please merge if i've been naughty!

Anyways, Im looking for some advice...
i'd like to book a holiday for next year in June with the wife and two kids 6 & 4 (next year) and want some suggestions.

We went to Portugal last year and had a great time in Albufeira although we didn't do much of the town part of it (bit too British). Resort would ideally be a 4/5star with decent pool(s) for me and the kids and the Mrs does like to do some exploring.

I'm sure we can improve on last years efforts so would appreciate some tips

Cheers in advance guys!

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know theres a holidays thread but seeing as we have a strong Portuguese influence a separate one would be useful.
Please merge if i've been naughty!

Anyways, Im looking for some advice...
i'd like to book a holiday for next year in June with the wife and two kids 6 & 4 (next year) and want some suggestions.

We went to Portugal last year and had a great time in Albufeira although we didn't do much of the town part of it (bit too British). Resort would ideally be a 4/5star with decent pool(s) for me and the kids and the Mrs does like to do some exploring.

I'm sure we can improve on last years efforts so would appreciate some tips

Cheers in advance guys!
the hotel dom joao Alvor 4star right on the beach 10 minute walk into the fishing village of Alvor the beach is one of the best iv'e seen and the restaurants in the town are small and proper Portuguese, if you like fish your in heaven, but i dont think Alvor is for teenagers B&B is best so you dont miss the restaurants in the town, this is coming from an old git so do your research

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lagos is a really nice place.

Bit of something for everyone. Cheep and cheerful meals out - or expensive higher end places too.

Same with the shops - something for everyone - cheap tat in some shops - and expensive classier shops too.

It's gorgeous around the harbour area - with plenty of bars and restaurants to sit outside as the sun comes down too.

Lagos FC also have a football ground - and I watched them training most days during my holiday last year as their ground was opposite my hotel. If you fancy watching a match while you're away, they're on the doorstep.

Last edited:
M

merseawolf

Bit of something for everyone. Cheep and cheerful meals out - or expensive higher end places too.

Same with the shops - something for everyone - cheap tat in some shops - and expensive classier shops too.

It's gorgeous around the harbour area - with plenty of bars and restaurants to sit outside as the sun comes down too.

Lagos FC also have a football ground - and I watched them training most days during my holiday last year as their ground was opposite my hotel. If you fancy watching a match while you're away, they're on the doorstep.
We have stayed at Casa Cegonha just outside Lagos many times and love the place. Artistas is my favorite place to eat but like you say plenty of cheap places that kids like too. Great town in the evening.
Palmaras golf course is decent too.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cheers guys! really appreciate it.
The wife has previously mentioned Lagos so glad its recommended.

Will certainly give the suggestions a look.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

I played in that stadium as a kid. Lovely little ground.

Only place I’ve stayed in Portugal recently is Vale Do Lobo. Very nice golf course but quite pricey.

M

merseawolf

I played in that stadium as a kid. Lovely little ground.

Only place I’ve stayed in Portugal recently is Vale Do Lobo. Very nice golf course but quite pricey.
Vale do Lobo has without suffered with a lack of investment in recent years. I think its nowhere near the quality it was even 5 years ago.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Vale do Lobo has without suffered with a lack of investment in recent years. I think its nowhere near the quality it was even 5 years ago.

Ah, I haven’t been for about 10 years now. Used to be where the England team went away I believe.

M

merseawolf

Ah, I haven’t been for about 10 years now. Used to be where the England team went away I believe.
Yeah its still nice but needs tarting up a bit if you know what i mean. I have a few mates who are members there coming to the end of a 15 year membership who are not renewing. The Cascade Resort has taken over as the top Football retreat.

Back
Top Bottom