Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adlene and big George.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my workmates Nottingham rag they are preparing a 1 million bid for both! 700k for guad and 300k for George! Best of luck!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're just about to be brought out by a billionaire if the reports are true so that's bumped up adlene's by a couple of million, George's by 50p

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£700k? Didn't we pay £2m for Gued in the first place? No thanks, rather have him in our XI.

D

dazmanwolf

They are worth £3-4m as a pair. Both have Prem experience. Rather keep them though. I think they will fit in nicely with Stale's method of play.

The_Ned

Reaction score
Gued is in the final year of his contract though I believe? That could effect things. And their fans appear to love him

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are worth £3-4m as a pair. Both have Prem experience. Rather keep them though. I think they will fit in nicely with Stale's method of play.

George is one of the worst footballers i have ever seen. I coudl not give a crap about his desire. Hence i assume you mean Gued is worth 3-4m?! Seems toppy to me!

T

Toupee4Rae

I think Gued is worth over a million himself and George 500kish so more like 2 million for the pair and I think its good business.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It's just wishful speculation...

I really hope we do not sell Gueds without giving him a chance as it would be a mistake.

B

Bostin

If we sell Guedioura, I will be right royally $$$$ed off!!!

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think both will go.

Not to worry though... we'll keep buying 16 year olds and wayward drop outs.

Are you all so confident you'll see the bulk of what we make in player sales put back into the squad?? Because I aint.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a big mistake to sell Gued.

A

andyc225

I'd be happy with 2 million for the pair. I'd love to see Gueds playing well in a Wolves shirt, but if he's happier in Nottingham it's the best place for him. George is a great guy full of passion and commitment, but that alone won't get us to the Prem and keep us there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gued is in the final year of his contract though I believe? That could effect things. And their fans appear to love him

Hopefully our fans will appreciate him more when he is played in his correct position next season and given a chance.

F

FLEET WOLF

I think both will go.

Not to worry though... we'll keep buying 16 year olds and wayward drop outs.

Are you all so confident you'll see the bulk of what we make in player sales put back into the squad?? Because I aint.

I tend to agree with that-Moxey will ensure that we make a profit on players coming and going, you can be sure of that!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree with that-Moxey will ensure that we make a profit on players coming and going, you can be sure of that!
Why? The majority of our players will have lost value compared to either their purchase price or their valuation from a year or so ago.
You can also bet your life the deals will be 'undisclosed'.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Story's here if anyone's interested: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/N...swoop-Wolves/story-16476658-detail/story.html

For what it's worth, we need to let Solbakken have a good look at these players. If he decides they're not good enough, fine - sell them. Though I'd be wary about selling to a rival side.

I agree. To let Guedioura go without seeing him in action would be crazy, especially after he did so well in the championship last season and also letting him go to a rival.
He could be a big asset for us next season.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Guedioura, I will be right royally $$$$ed off!!!

Well we can't play him, Henry, milijas, Ohara, Davis and Edwards in the middle so a couple have to go. For me Edwards and ned can buggar off. That's without stale bringing in anyone he wants for the middle of the park

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we can't play him, Henry, milijas, Ohara, Davis and Edwards in the middle so a couple have to go. For me Edwards and ned can buggar off. That's without stale bringing in anyone he wants for the middle of the park

Edwards should be first out of the door of the central midfielders. Milijas will be given a chance under Stale by the looks of it and he wants to stay.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take the money to be honest. Guedioura is a good player and he played well for forrest more as a holding player - the Karl Henry role if you like. Assuming we keep Henry and O'hara i would take £1m for Gued and big George as they are in the last year of their contract.

I would take a look at that Norwegian central midfielder we were linked with - he looked a real player and only 19. With Davies, Eggy, Edwards and Miljas as cover I think we would be fine.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
after the way Gued was treated last season it wouldnt suprise me if he wanted to move on.im sure Im sure Terry will be be putting a word in for his best mate Dave after the amount of times the headless chicken was bigging Conor up in the press

loopy lupine

Reaction score

There are a lot of things to beat the board with, player recruitment isn't one of them.

We have run at a net loss on this for the last 4 years, spending more than we receive. We may well swap that around this year, but that is only because our quality of players out will be far greater than those in due to the division we're in. If we only sell Jarvis and Fletcher I just can't see us spending £15m (ish) on incoming players.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a lot of things to beat the board with, player recruitment isn't one of them.

We have run at a net loss on this for the last 4 years, spending more than we receive. We may well swap that around this year, but that is only because our quality of players out will be far greater than those in due to the division we're in. If we only sell Jarvis and Fletcher I just can't see us spending £15m (ish) on incoming players.

I hope you're right mate.

After the last few months though dont be so sure.

B

Bostin

No we can't play them all, but football is a squad game and you generally need 2 quality players in each position. That's where we came undone last year when we had injuries and suspensions. Henry and Davis cover each other, as do Milijas and O'Hara. I agree, Edwards can do one, but Guedioura needs to stay as that extra option.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we get Dangerous Dave a bit of a tan, shave his head and convince Forest he is Gued?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards should be first out of the door of the central midfielders. Milijas will be given a chance under Stale by the looks of it and he wants to stay.

Problem is JOS who, apart from MM if he gets another job, would want Edwards?

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Problem is JOS who, apart from MM if he gets another job, would want Edwards?

Quite a few clubs, I would imagine. I agree we should be looking to improve but if Edwards is told he is not wanted he'll soon find a new employer.
As for Gued, I hope we can find a place for him but I'm yet to be convinced that he'll want to stay.

The_Ned

Reaction score
No we can't play them all, but football is a squad game and you generally need 2 quality players in each position. That's where we came undone last year when we had injuries and suspensions. Henry and Davis cover each other, as do Milijas and O'Hara. I agree, Edwards can do one, but Guedioura needs to stay as that extra option.

Milijas and O'Hara don't cover each other, they're a different type of player. But I agree with the sentiment. We thought we were fine when we sent Gued out on loan in January, and ended up playing Hunt as a CM, and while it turned out to be an excellent decision, recalling a youth player with 5 minutes of first team experience and starting him against Man U.

What makes you think it's not Stale wanting to sell?

Mainly because he's $$$$

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Solbakken will have the sense to see Guedioura in the flesh and look at some videos of his Forest performances. If he does he will keep him surely. Big George probably time to move on as we seek better footballers who can pass the ball accurately and defend as well as attack competently. Guedioura could be a major figure for us next season. Eggy and Edwards won't be and surprise surprise noone will be chasing them from the Prem and top half of the Championship.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Solbakken will have the sense to see Guedioura in the flesh and look at some videos of his Forest performances. If he does he will keep him surely. Big George probably time to move on as we seek better footballers who can pass the ball accurately and defend as well as attack competently. Guedioura could be a major figure for us next season. Eggy and Edwards won't be and surprise surprise noone will be chasing them from the Prem and top half of the Championship.

I agree. You have to ask would Forest and Brighton want either Eggy or Edwards?
I would have to say no. Sums it up really.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Stale does sell Gued - does that not tell you he isn't good enough? Nothing to do with anyone else - just Gued.

Back
Top Bottom