Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

ADAMA - top dribbler!

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
From the BBC -
Traore closing in on Hazard tally
Despite not being introduced until the 64th minute against Brighton on Saturday, Adama Traore still completed more dribbles during Wolves' 0-0 draw than any other player.

Five successful runs during those 26 minutes saw him become the first player to complete 50 dribbles in the Premier League in 2020, on average recording a successful run with the ball every 11.6 minutes this year.

As a result, Traore boasts the highest frequency of completed dribbles in the Premier League since 2003-04 (when that data started to be collected), in front of Southampton's Sofiane Boufal and Newcastle's Allan Saint-Maximin by three minutes.

Among players to play over 1,000 minutes, he averages one take-on every 13 minutes with a total of 370 in 4,683 minutes of action. By way of comparison, Ronaldo managed one every 29 minutes during his time in the English top flight - although that average comes after a significantly longer 14,542 minutes.

So far in the 2019-20 campaign, Traore has recorded a total of 144 completed dribbles, which is already the third highest in a Premier League season.

Former Chelsea winger Eden Hazard boasts three of the top-four tallies in that department, his 180 in 2014-15 leading the way.

To match that this season, Traore requires four per match over the final nine league games. His haul on Saturday showed he could very well smash Hazard's best if given the chance.

P

pmowolves

True, traore claimed down a wee bit on assists recently but is stilla s effective as ever, starts and leads a lot of our attacks and counter attacks

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at least it's not one of the signs of coronavirus

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
If you swapped Traores shots and crosses he’d be a world beater

S

ShropshireLad

Olympiakos have much the same team as they did v Spurs when they lost 4-2. Their passing is good, better than ours, but they haven’t threatened to any serious degree. We’re a second half team so hopefully we can punish them being a man down.

S

ShropshireLad

I really enjoyed the second half. Looked really good. against a team with excellent movement. OK, they only had 10 men but there things to be pleased about that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the second half. Looked really good. against a team with excellent movement. OK, they only had 10 men but there things to be pleased about that.
Sadly, I can’t agree with any of those 3 sentences.

S

ShropshireLad

Sadly, I can’t agree with any of those 3 sentences.
There you go. We all see things differently.
Passing was better, Neto was sprightly and scored, a lot more shots and corners, good defending except for the goal which woke us up. we were well on top after we equalised...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yep. I’m Adama’s biggest fan but thought he had a stinker tonight.

He’s much better against teams when we’re playing on the break than when we need to break teams down.

Still, he’s got plenty of credit in the bank from his performances this season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I’m Adama’s biggest fan but thought he had a stinker tonight.

He’s much better against teams when we’re playing on the break than when we need to break teams down.

Still, he’s got plenty of credit in the bank from his performances this season.
Wonder if that shoulder is affecting him psychologically?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never thought of that.......actually it has happened so often recently it must be on his mind when going for the ball.
Last time it happened there wasn’t a huge amount of contact it seemed to pop out quite easily.

Gromit

Reaction score
Good result take that 1-1 and away goal.
But two players really disappointed me tonight....
Adama
Vinagre

D

Deleted member 5910

I think Traore's gone off the boil, and it's coincided with / lead to some spotty form by the team. Olympiakos doubled / trebled up on him, even with ten- which begs the question: why couldn't we stretch them?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazed there is no mention of the current whipping boy ..... he must have done ok then!!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think recently Adama has been playing too much as an individual and not the team player he was towards the end of last year.

This is how I see it, he has reverted more to his old self where he tries to take on the whole team rather than playing the simple pass, he wasn't doing this earlier in the season. If he releases the ball earlier whilst he's being doubled up on we might make something of it but he holds on to the ball too much and the opposition defence has time to get set.

Back
Top Bottom