Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama - Interesting Article

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm hopeful if he stays, his finishing will improve. He seems to finish well in training so just a bit more composure needed..

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he could finish or consistently provide an end product he would have been sold already imo. Taking this further, Neves's fall in performances means we may be able to hang on to him, Neto's injury means we will keep him for this season at least and the same with Jimenez, who had he stayed injury free was, I'm sure, destined for somewhere big. Sad to say that to hold on to our best players they need to either play badly or get injured!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he could finish or consistently provide an end product he would have been sold already imo. Taking this further, Neves's fall in performances means we may be able to hang on to him, Neto's injury means we will keep him for this season at least and the same with Jimenez, who had he stayed injury free was, I'm sure, destined for somewhere big. Sad to say that to hold on to our best players they need to either play badly or get injured!
If he could finish consistently Traore would be talked of as a generational talent, as the rest of his game is. And that's not hyperbole.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m so tempted to put him in my FPL team right now. So many huge chances surely he starts netting them soon!?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s why we should have sold him at the end of the European season when his stock was high and we could have got top dollar.

I don’t believe he will ever come good.

He created all of our main chances on Saturday and fluffed them all. Brilliant and infuriating in the same breath.

The one with Raul alone in the box ready for a simple pass was the worst.

R1ch

Reaction score
I’m so tempted to put him in my FPL team right now. So many huge chances surely he starts netting them soon!?
Why frustrate yourself as a wolves fan and an fpl player.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good job we can always rely on you for some cheery optimism…

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s why we should have sold him at the end of the European season when his stock was high and we could have got top dollar.

He created all of our main chances on Saturday and fluffed them all. Brilliant and infuriating in the same breath.

26 next birthday so not expecting much improvement but a little would help

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has already come good FFS .

Brilliant player

He will finish these chances soon and think this will be his best season yet.

Simple pass to Raul - he was offside , so intelligent enough not to play it, then the chance went .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It looks a bit silly that 19/20 was his great season playing wide right, went downhill playing narrower (admittedly without Raul) and now we're trying to use him narrow left. Doubly so if we play Marcal who will not really use the space outside him. He's the sort of player who smashes it rather than picking a spot, but there was a guy years ago who did OK with that approach.

We'll have easier games than Leicester where we can be more attacking, but for me inverted wingers means Semedo and Aut Nouri play (no disrespect to Marcal or Hoever who both did well at Leicester).

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"If he scored those chances he would not be at Wolves, he would be at a top team."

Whoa, Bruno.
Not the greatest thing for him to say, even if it is true , i thought the idea is to make Wolves a top team and to most of us they are.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has already come good FFS .

Brilliant player

He will finish these chances soon and think this will be his best season yet.

Simple pass to Raul - he was offside , so intelligent enough not to play it, then the chance went .
1. No he hasnt.
2. He has the potential to be.
3. I hope so!
4. You can’t be offside if you play the ball backwards.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. No he hasnt.
2. He has the potential to be.
3. I hope so!
4. You can’t be offside if you play the ball backwards.
I may be wrong but re number 4, I think you can....you can both be infront of the last defender when you play the ball.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Adama traore isn’t a good footballer? Seriously?
I didn’t say that whatsoever.
I said he hasn’t come good, which he hasn’t.
He is a great player and he could be one of the best, but his decision making is rancid.
He creates chances which few other players can but also fluffs them.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the Leicester game is anything to go by Lage might be looking to use him in the way i've always wanted.
I was very keen to get rid but now i'm interested to see what Bruno does for him.

Big year for him

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite an easy fix IMO

s06uipje.png

all bruno has to do :rolleyes:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but re number 4, I think you can....you can both be infront of the last defender when you play the ball.
Found that out the hard way when Neto absurdly had that goal disallowed against Liverpool 18 months or so back.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

On your last point, so I thought exactly the same as you on a first watch but if you give it a re-watch you'll notice that Raul's in an offside position and the flag would go up if he played the obvious pass. If he cuts it square or back it's going behind Raul with his forward momentum so I can see why he chose not to pass.

Last edited:

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
If the Leicester game is anything to go by Lage might be looking to use him in the way i've always wanted.
I was very keen to get rid but now i'm interested to see what Bruno does for him.

Big year for him
I feel the same. I think Bruno could succeed were others have tried but struggled. Get a good defensive midfielder in and have RAN going on the outside of Traore. Could be very potent.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he could finish consistently Traore would be talked of as a generational talent, as the rest of his game is. And that's not hyperbole.
Ay.
Adama would certainly not be playing his football at Wolves if he was a decent finisher.
He would be able to pretty much pick and choose between all the top clubs in the world if he was decent in the department of scoring.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agbonlahor with his usual bile

He should perhaps look closer to home for a team in big trouble :)

Amazing how many agendas come out after a downturn in form isn't it.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
This is a great article and gives us an insight into Bruno Adama relationship going forward. Regardless, it doesn't sound like Bruno is going to suffer fools from the bits of press he's done so far lol..

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Great article and highlights both Adama's strengths and weaknesses at the same time. The biggest takeaway from that article was the highlight of the position he played under Nuno, he was nearly always used as a winger and took his man on the outside naturally limited the amount of chances he would have to score. Bruno wants to play him more inverted and centrally and this will give him more opportunities to score.

He is never going to be the man who scores 10/15 goals a season, that's just not him and no matter how much shooting practice he does in training it wont change. Instead of focusing on his weaknesses why don't we concentrate on his strengths and what he can do so well.....

> He carries us up the pitch allowing our defence to get 30 yards further up and get a breather
> He runs around players like they are not there
> Pace scares the hell out of teams, even if he doesn't get the ball they often keep an extra player back and on his side just incase
> His causes havoc, even if he has a bad game he is still more often than not our most attacking player
> Creates space for other forward players, Jimenez benefits the most from this

As the article states, if he did all of the above and also scored 10/15 goals a season he would be playing for a Man City, Utd, Barcelona etc.

Embrace the player we have not the player we don't have because I promise you the day he leaves the club our games will become a lot less entertaining.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hopeful if he stays, his finishing will improve. He seems to finish well in training so just a bit more composure needed..

Or maybe the opposite? Sod the composure. Just **** it as hard as you can at the goal, every time.

Both Bully and Shearer took this approach and have both been on record many times talking about it. It seemed to work quite well for both of them!!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got into several good shooting positions at the weekend which was a big plus, he'll never be the world's most clinical finisher but he actually did quite a lot right in the one on one and slowed himself down and tried to place it into the corner unlike lashing at it like the other opportunity. He'll improve.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like him to improve his finishing, obviously, but I have a gut feeling he may be sold this window. I absolutely respect him for his efforts and ability and the work he had done for local charities by all accounts, but everytime he gets the ball in our half I fear him being dispossessed or giving it away. He tries to turn, gets robbed and the opposition gets a great attacking position.
I really enjoy watching him play but have very little faith that the final ball works out.
I hope he stays and proves me wrong! But he is a bit too much of a liability imo.

Back
Top Bottom