Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Academy not tough enough ?

PulverWolf

Reaction score
After a few of the U18s and 23's trained with the first team squad and under the eye of Nuno over in Shanghai they all found it very good for their progress.
Perry: Nuno's making us better players
Reading between the lines It sounds like he's saying the Academy isn't preparing them enough .. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 5635

After a few of the U18s and 23's trained with the first team squad and under the eye of Nuno over in Shanghai they all found it very good for their progress.
Reading between the lines It sounds like he's saying the Academy isn't preparing them enough .. Thoughts?
No its just being young your body hasn't developed to the intensity that the first team play at.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By definition the first-team squad will have higher standards than the Academy.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Using an analogy I'd have thought it would be like going from school to university. You've learnt the basics now perfect the detail.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wow training with the first team squad is of a higher intensity and standard than the academy who'd have thought it

PulverWolf

Reaction score
I do get your points about ages and development guys its a no brainer but half our first team are under 23 some under 21 - Neves played first team football at 17 - yes hes good -better than most - but he was put under that scrutiny at a young age - So why do the guys in the Academy not get the same treatment as the first team in terms of fitness and coaching ? before i get shot down again its a genuine question .
And Im the last person to be wearing pampers lol

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the academy covers a range of player of different ages and ability, when they start both the level and intensity isn't going to be as high, as they progress through it should bet closer to what the first team do at every stage if he's comparing what he was doing last year in the academy with what hes'd doing whilst training with the first team now then I'd expect it to be another step up, only those seen ready to make that step up will have been selected for the tour. I would expect the academy to get them to a level where the next step up to the first team is manageable

PulverWolf

Reaction score
the academy covers a range of player of different ages and ability, when they start both the level and intensity isn't going to be as high, as they progress through it should bet closer to what the first team do at every stage if he's comparing what he was doing last year in the academy with what hes'd doing whilst training with the first team now then I'd expect it to be another step up, only those seen ready to make that step up will have been selected for the tour. I would expect the academy to get them to a level where the next step up to the first team is manageable
Thankyou for you reasoned response - :p

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think in every interview ever by a youth team player after a session or two with the first team squad says how much more intense it is.

I really would no read much into this at all.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It's just that Nuno wants the young wolf to step and show the skill, motivation and desire to become a big bad wolf......to be in with and meet the standards of the hunting pack isn't a cinch.

Having said that it doesn't mean the Academy can't look to crank it up a bit to enable an easier transition. Improvement is something that should be looked at constantly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect to our u18 and even u23 staff training with Nuno and his coaches must be a pretty big step up for any young player and that is not me slagging our u18 and u23 coaches off. It is obvious really.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any premier league 1st team coaching is levels above academies, same for the games.
Nuno is a particularly demanding coach on top of that. Not hard to see that it’s perfectly normal for first team training and games to be demanding for academy graduates.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the big strong academy lads will rarely physically be at the same level as a mature adult. Some of the growing points of the bones will not have ossified, the tendons and ligaments may be more lax, muscle strength will be lower. That, and by virtue of being young meaning they will have had less coaching will invariably mean there is a step up. Some may be ready to make it at eighteen, some at twenty two. Others will stagnate and never make it...

K

Kiddywolves

What else do you expect these players to say when interviewed. They are being respectful. Not going to say it’s easy, harder with academy etc

Back
Top Bottom