Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A terrible week for Wolverhampton Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Wolf

Reaction score
I think it is difficult to overstate the blow that is Matt Doherty snubbing Wolves to move to one of our current key rivals, Spurs. The loss of such a key player for such a paltry amount of money (the club is clearly embarrassed by it as they have refused to disclose the sum) is embarrassing. There is much to say about this piece of transfer business but I'll let the dust settle first.
However, this coupled with our total lack of transfer activity, Jeff Shi's effective statement of surrender released at the start of the week and the unveiling of a truly insulting away kit, makes this the worst week for the club since the FA Cup semi.
Nuno is clearly stalling on a new contract and I suspect is beginning to feel that the club is not going to live up to the rhetoric it has pumped out over the last two years.
Add that to amassive feeling of disappointment in not making the Europa League when in the driving seat then going out in the quarters with a complete whimper and it all starts to feel very dark.
As it stands, we are in for a very uncomfortable season ahead.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it is difficult to overstate the blow that is Matt Doherty snubbing Wolves to move to one of our current key rivals, Spurs. The loss of such a key player for such a paltry amount of money (the club is clearly embarrassed by it as they have refused to disclose the sum) is embarrassing. There is much to say about this piece of transfer business but I'll let the dust settle first.
However, this coupled with our total lack of transfer activity, Jeff Shi's effective statement of surrender released at the start of the week and the unveiling of a truly insulting away kit, makes this the worst week for the club since the FA Cup semi.
Nuno is clearly stalling on a new contract and I suspect is beginning to feel that the club is not going to live up to the rhetoric it has pumped out over the last two years.
Add that to amassive feeling of disappointment in not making the Europa League when in the driving seat then going out in the quarters with a complete whimper and it all starts to feel very dark.
What rubbish

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yawn.........

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Must be a parody. "Truly insulting away kit" doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop flapping.
We have half the Portuguese international team still at club and our captain is playing for england oh and a not to mention Mexicos star striker.
I think we've had worse weeks mate.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Patricio
Boly
Jonny
Neves
Moutinho
Traore
Jiminez

At a minimum are all more important than him. Personally think Dendoncker, Neto and Podence will be going forward as well.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of the day he has gone for his market value, and let's be honest here, a fair amount of last season he looked lethargic and did not play well, it isn't the end times loss some are making out.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we finally got to see the new away shirt so it’s not all bad

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
The away kit rocks.

CC has been called up for England.

Nuno is stalling to make sure he gets what he needs.

We'll replace Doc with better.

We're lucky enough to not support Sandwell Town.

I've had worse weeks...

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh great just what was needed...another whinging thread....I'm having to go to page 2 now to find anything I can bare to read....

Green Wolf

Reaction score
I give up.
I surrender.
Idiots are the new aristocracy. And I'll probably get banned for calling them feeble minded.

I don't care. I deserve a break too.

What you mean is, somebody has expressed an opinion you don't like and doesn't match yours.
I can assure you, I don't lack intelligence.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations, our fans go from new low to low.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a point, the away top is ****e ! (imho) :cool:

Great news for our Captain though, and richly deserved.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A truly insulting away kit. :tearsofjoy:

It may have been a terrible week if we'd lost one of Jimenez, Neves, Traore or if Nuno had rejected a new contract. As it stands though, Nuno's contract is still ready to be signed, all our best players are still here with no sign of them leaving. The next fortnight is key, who knows, tomorrow Nuno could sign his contract and in the next two weeks 3 or 4 players could join, then it's a great 3 weeks?

D

Deleted member 4436

I’m a naturally positive person, and it’s genuinely getting harder and harder to feel part of this forum.
I took a few months away from it, going to do that now and come back when the window closes.

Same. I’m sacking it off.

It starts to take over your life getting involved in discussions with people who are unable to see another perspective.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of Darkness cometh Light.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the OP should give it a week or so.

I imagine Doc knew Nuno was planning to bring in a RWB and he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. The Board and coaching staff maybe felt we might not be able to get a bid of 15m again if he was a squad player next year. The move happened quickly but I'm sure that's something to do with Mendes being very aware of the situation and sorting out something that suits player, Wolves, Nuno, Tottenham and Mourinho.

We might well have a better RWB lined up for next week with Mendes again heavily involved. I have a feeling we're not solely interested in AMN and our interest there is partly to help us negotiate down the price of someone else.

As for no new signings so far, don't think that was ever going to happen until everyone was back on Compton Park. I'd be surprised if we haven't got at least a few signings to announce by mid next week.

So let's give it a week and see.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of the day he has gone for his market value, and let's be honest here, a fair amount of last season he looked lethargic and did not play well, it isn't the end times loss some are making out.

Don’t agree that he has gone for market value if we only got a reported £15million for him. Established Premier League full/wing back with Chilwell going for £50million a few days ago.

He did miss a chunk of the season at the start and took quite a while to get fit. Have to agree he did not play well until the second half of the season.

He was replaced at the time and he will be replaced now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom