Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A loan manager?

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been thinking about this for a while, should the club create a role for somebody to manage all of the loan deals we have with clubs?

Of course some players we just want them out the door preferably with a wage contribution but say Bright, MGW, Goncalves, Norris etc are at a crucial stage of their careers so any loans need to be carefully planned and monitored. Are potential clubs the right clubs, will they challenge to start, will they develop etc etc.

Look at Ronan for example, Jackett is likable but it's hardly surprising Ronan has struggled with Jacketts proclivity for "power" over flair players and as a result he's played a bit part even though Pompey fans rate him.

If the younger age groups are getting a but of an overhaul as we're hearing about we're going to be getting more and more talented players who need the correct move when the time comes.

No brainer for me.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't remember Jackett being about power.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't that part of Thelwells remit. I'd say it was anyway.
As for Jackett not wanting flair players, when we won league one didn't we have Sako, Jacobs and Henry?! I'd hardly say the latter 2 were 'power' players!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Nuno technically a "head coach" in the same vein as Jackett or are we running with the whole manager title again? Not that any of this really matters.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a club who appointed a loan manager earlier this season, but I can't remember who it was.

This would fall under Thelwell's responsibilities at the moment. I'd have thought he would have scouts watching our players and reporting back.

modenawolf

Reaction score
I think this is already covered by Thelwell (or members of his staff). I'd like to see better placements for our loan players (a lot of them seem to have ended up on the bench this past season) but also understand how difficult it is, with so many variables involved.

westside wolf

Reaction score
There was a club who appointed a loan manager earlier this season, but I can't remember who it was.

This would fall under Thelwell's responsibilities at the moment. I'd have thought he would have scouts watching our players and reporting back.

Isn't Lescott managing all the Man City loan players?

D

Deleted member 5962

Think this a good idea tbh. The handling of our young players in terms of them going out and having a productive loan spell is actually shockingly poor. As has been alluded to, they seem to almost invariably end up benched or playing in a team that doesnt suit their particular style.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Agree, great idea. Would have been perfect for someone like Sam Ricketts, but he's just left aint he. I said as a joke the other day Rob Edwards has left Telford to come back to Wolves, but maybe he could do it?

S

SavageWolf

Isn't that part of Thelwells remit. I'd say it was anyway.
As for Jackett not wanting flair players, when we won league one didn't we have Sako, Jacobs and Henry?! I'd hardly say the latter 2 were 'power' players!
I would've thought its part of KT's role.
On KT, he must have something about him to last this long, for the first time I liked what I heard from him during his short interview at the park but something tells me he probably had to slag off the previous owner and hierarchy to keep his role - something along the lines of:

Jeff: So Mr Kevin, why do you think you should keep your job?

KT: Well, where do I start?

Morgan was only interested in his buildings,
Moxey was only interested in beating his Pie munching record every weekend and let's not even start on the managers we've had lately cause they were all clueless panic moves because if we didn't throw someone in the hot seat we were gonna get lynched.
The academy was my idea have a look at the files, I've been promoted several times on merit and I'll do whatever you ask even if it's getting an anal bashing from time to time.
Any extras can be added in as bonuses at a reduced price depending on your level of power, so Guo is obviously free of charge and any Fosun co-owners, Jeff you get a 75% discount on anal activity and hand-jobs, the Gimp suit is 50% off because it takes an hour to get on and an hour to get it off!!

Jeff: Ok Kevin, I'll be honest I was bored until you got to the Gimp suit, you can keep your job but I'll have you on speed dial and 24 hour call out on the Gimp suit job.

Y

Yout85

I would've thought its part of KT's role.
On KT, he must have something about him to last this long, for the first time I liked what I heard from him during his short interview at the park but something tells me he probably had to slag off the previous owner and hierarchy to keep his role - something along the lines of:

Jeff: So Mr Kevin, why do you think you should keep your job?

KT: Well, where do I start?

Morgan was only interested in his buildings,
Moxey was only interested in beating his Pie munching record every weekend and let's not even start on the managers we've had lately cause they were all clueless panic moves because if we didn't throw someone in the hot seat we were gonna get lynched.
The academy was my idea have a look at the files, I've been promoted several times on merit and I'll do whatever you ask even if it's getting an anal bashing from time to time.
Any extras can be added in as bonuses at a reduced price depending on your level of power, so Guo is obviously free of charge and any Fosun co-owners, Jeff you get a 75% discount on anal activity and hand-jobs, the Gimp suit is 50% off because it takes an hour to get on and an hour to get it off!!

Jeff: Ok Kevin, I'll be honest I was bored until you got to the Gimp suit, you can keep your job but I'll have you on speed dial and 24 hour call out on the Gimp suit job.

Completely avoided needing the swear filter, despite being rather filthy....

Good work.

W

WednesfieldWolf

Chelsea do it

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
Don't know about that.

I cheated and googled it. It was Alan Curtis at Swansea last year.
Alan Curtis: Swansea City name club legend as loan player manager

Didn't he have a brief spell as caretaker or assistant to a previous manager(s)? Tbh that sounds like making up a job title to keep someone at the club.

Chelsea have had Emenalo managing loans as part of his role but now he's left it's not clear who is doing it. I'm sure most clubs have this sort of role but it usually falls within the remit of the sporting director/director of football/whatever other titles clubs come up with! Kevin Thelwell seems the closest fit in our structure.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, great idea. Would have been perfect for someone like Sam Ricketts, but he's just left aint he. I said as a joke the other day Rob Edwards has left Telford to come back to Wolves, but maybe he could do it?
I would'nt have RE anywhere near them.

K

Knocker Lite

Chelsea do it

They have a list of Championship clubs who want Mason Mount on loan next season, around twelve and counting. They must look at playing style, management team, location and other stuff. Must be a full time role to then watch these players and evaluate feedback during the season.

Back
Top Bottom