Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A dilemma, need advice!!!

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So here it is,

I am in Valencia, game week, for a meeting.

The missus has 2 days off, 26&27 needs to fly back 28th.

All booked and she flies into Valencia weds night.

Dilemma is, we are driving up and going for a day of “ROMANTIC SIGHTSEEING” around the wonderful city of Barcelona.

AT WHAT POINT, do I mention that Wolves are playing and I have 2 tickets in my **** pocket?

Best answer WILL be used.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So here it is,

Dilemma is, we are driving up and going for a day of “ROMANTIC SIGHTSEEING” around the wonderful city of Barcelona.

AT WHAT POINT, do I mention that Wolves are playing and I have 2 tickets in my **** pocket?
The minute she hears the first round of Follow, follow, follow

D

Deleted member 4436

So here it is,

I’ve been trying to convince my Mrs for weeks. I genuinely think that once the beer is flowing and she’s getting stuck into “you play Luton cos you’re ****ing ****e” then she’ll enjoy it much more than seeing a cathedral that’s never going to be finished.

Or just buy her a bus tour.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a small note - Barcelona is NOT a wonderful place.
The criminality is up there with London if that is possible.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sit her down tonight, have the conversation, if she tells you to **** off, I'll walk round all the sights you want And I'm willing to attend the match.

Let me know by midnight, as I may have an awkward conversation lined up myself. :D

H

howlin wolf

Ask her to put her hand in your pocket as you have a surprise for her.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say be honest and get it out the way as early as possible. If she's going to be in a huff it's only going to be worse the later you tell her.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jedi mind trick.

You know NOTHING about a football match. Take her sightseeing,

“Oooo lots of Wolves shirts here I wonder why”

followed by “bloke will sell me 2 tickets for 20 quid”

then rely on your good looks and puppy dog expressions

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Come on man. Barcelona is beautiful. Every major city has crime issues. At no point do you walk around Barcelona and think you're in trouble. Ever. Pickpocketing in busy areas perhaps but it doesn't feel unsafe in the slightest.

I've lived and worked in London for years now and every day I am very, very cautious of where I'm walking and what's around me. I love living here but it can be ropey.

Different stratospheres.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or buy her shoes and avoid the deception

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on man. Barcelona is beautiful. Every major city has crime issues. At no point do you walk around Barcelona and think you're in trouble. Ever. Pickpocketing in busy areas perhaps but it doesn't feel unsafe in the slightest.

I've lived and worked in London for years now and every day I am very, very cautious of where I'm walking and what's around me. I love living here but it can be ropey.

Different stratospheres.

I lived there I can have an opinion. The trouble is people who reside in London are so used to and accept horrendous levels of crime as the norm that Barcelona may seem a nice place. A few days sightseeing will never give you the true picture.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start by telling her that there's been something on your mind for ages and you need to get it off your chest.

Tell her that the wonderful romance of Barcelona has made you see things more clearly.

Then say that Phillip Schofield has really inspired you to talk to her about it.

By the time you've told her about the tickets, she will be relieved.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So here it is,

Is she a season ticket holder ?

R

reanswolf

Bilbrook is much safer than London or Barcelona. Wouldn't live in those holes for all the tea in China :)-.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is simple. Just tell her that she will be spending the evening with me, job done :)

R

reanswolf

Just tell her your meeting is at the same time as the game, you don't even have to mention the game.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lived there I can have an opinion. The trouble is people who reside in London are so used to and accept horrendous levels of crime as the norm that Barcelona may seem a nice place. A few days sightseeing will never give you the true picture.

Of course you can have an opinion. I'm not used to nor do I accept horrendous levels of crime as the norm because I live in London. Luckily (touch wood) I've never witnessed anything bad. You just get a feel for places, don't you? Barcelona feels much safer than London.

To use a wider example and completely off topic, New York felt like hell to walk around at day and at night anywhere away from the touristy places. Much worse than London. For us, anyway.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Tell her coming to Barcelona and seeing one of the world's best teams live in action has always been on your bucket list and you may never get the chance to do this again. You know people who would be so envious they would give their right arm to do so and it's high on everyone's list that comes to this fine city.

When you get to the ground and she spies its a bit smaller than expected and they're not playing in red and blue, that's when you fill in the blanks.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sorry but your talking absolute nonsense

D

Deleted member 4099

She can go shopping with my Mrs if you want while we go the match.

Darbena

Reaction score
Erm! As a female I’m guessing she got a good idea and is secretly hoping your getting tickets and surprising her. It’s not normal to follow your other half round Europe when they are working or she doesn’t trust you or needs a job.

Darbena

Reaction score
I would consider it romantic, that’s your valentines gift sorted !

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let your best mate explain to her, on match day, he can also explain why he has the 2nd ticket and she isn't invited...should go down well...the news too arf arf!

Last edited:

Darbena

Reaction score
In fact I think I’m going to have a full on girly sulk fest , she is a lucky lady! I’m envious as I don’t think we’ll get tickets !

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The night before just blurt it out when you’re both on the vinegar stroke. No going back then, and you will definitely know the outcome if there’s no post ‘love’ cuddles.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is actually worse in some aspects . Pickpockets are often let go immediately, if they get caught. The money is taken off them and they are free to go and do it again. Thery are organised mafia, often from Kosovo and Albania, who basically go round pick pocketing tourists, night and day.
If you do get robbed, it can be quite confusing for the tourist, who has been so unfortunate to be robbed. There are different types of police, who have different headquarters and wont help, if they don't deal with a certain aspect of crime. Seriously be careful on the Metro and in general.

Last edited:

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
This thread is reading like Dear Deidre!

Seriously though tell her now, receive her wrath and cold shoulder for a day or two, simple. That's what I did, booked the flights, hotel and car hire then went home and told her.

p.s, I've still got one working testicle.

good luck

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honesty is the best policy here. However, you could attempt to link the business meeting and the match by saying that your hosts know that you are a fan, and knowing that you were going to Barcelona, they got two tickets for you. In addition, find out what your beloved really, really wants to see/do in Barcelona and make sure that you do that thing prior to going to the game.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to say that any attempt at subterfuge is doomed to failure. Women are much better than us chaps at reading the subtle changes in behaviour and speech that indicate something is up. She will have already put 2 and 2 together and is just waiting for you to confess.

Back
Top Bottom