Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A call for calm!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the ever more polarised mix, I feel that between the extremes of the ‘remember Chorley’ brigade and the ‘Silva is useless’ posse there must be a middle ground we can find.

Yes, we were crap in the past and we shouldn’t (IMO) lose sight of how far we’ve come and how quickly! Long we toiled through the darkness of the lower divisions.

Equally we can see the massive potential of the squad we have and we should feel able to offer criticism when we feel it’s underperforming... or maybe (just maybe) being hamstrung by overly cautious tactics.

From my perspective, I find the constant ‘we couldn’t afford Silva’ or ‘we needed proven top class quality’ comments grating. Because the first is patently wrong and the second is naive. But I understand the sentiments, the passion and the desire to see Wolves thrive.

Ultimately this is a forum for discussion and if all we do is scream at each other and huddle into little tribes what’s the point?
And I freely admit I’m just as bad as anyone.
But I shall try and do better.

I’ll end on a hopeful note - although it’s been fairly turgid to watch so far, we’re still 9th, we have all sorts of talent and we keep clean sheets. A little more adventure, a little more aggression and who know where we might be...

COYW

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said.

Many, many exaggerated, disrespectful remarks towards Nuno, the players and the club.

Leicester are a top 6 side who Wolves pushed very close over the course of the whole game.

The stats show fairly even amount of shots and chances. We would have gone equal 2nd if we had
won.

All positive signs really that we can compete at the highest level, and will be in the top half mix
through the season, (which may well end up being more open than any for 40 years).

Keep the faith and please stop moaning. Toxic fans are the bane of the game today, along with VAR of course.....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is 2020, you don't have a middle ground.

You pick a team and stick with it. Express your opinion as loud as possible. Don't listen to anyone else, cause your not gonna change your mind.

I've gone: No Brexit. Biden. Trust Nuno. Labour in next election. Everyone else is an idiot.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said.

Many, many exaggerated, disrespectful remarks towards Nuno, the players and the club.

Leicester are a top 6 side who Wolves pushed very close over the course of the whole game.

The stats show fairly even amount of shots and chances. We would have gone equal 2nd if we had
won.

All positive signs really that we can compete at the highest level, and will be in the top half mix
through the season, (which may well end up being more open than any for 40 years).

Keep the faith and please stop moaning. Toxic fans are the bane of the game today, along with VAR of course.....
Agreed

we are solid defensively but need to improve going forward . Nuno isn’t happy , but he will sort it out .

Just need some patience.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one of our current problem as fans is the expectation.

We arrived in the Premier league as the unknowns and quickly built a reputation for the way we played our football. We had great wins over most of the big 6 playing free flowing, fast moving exciting football. Who can forget performances against Man U, Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea etc etc.

Since football returned after lockdown and certainly so far this season we seem to have gone into a shell and what we have been used to as mentioned above has disappeared. We have become a bit boring.

I want us to return to the style that excited us all and made watching us a pleasure. Imo at the moment we are not a pleasure. I hope it returns and under Nuno I think it will.

A bit more patience everyone!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the ever more polarised mix, I feel that between the extremes of the ‘remember Chorley’ brigade and the ‘Silva is useless’ posse there must be a middle ground we can find.

What about the "We are in a title challenge" brigade? Don't forget them :D

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is 2020, you don't have a middle ground.

You pick a team and stick with it. Express your opinion as loud as possible. Don't listen to anyone else, cause your not gonna change your mind.

I've gone: No Brexit. Biden. Trust Nuno. Labour in next election. Everyone else is an idiot.
Im going with every single word of that!

Watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last night (well worth a watch). It says that social media has created this, where there is no middle ground on anything any more.

We verge from champions league material to championship on here depending on a particular result.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people are just never happy until Wolves are losing. Even when we win its always tempered with "well we only played well for 45 mins" or "its only palace/sheffield"

Others are never happy unless having a go at other Wolves fans for daring to suggest we have some problems in the way we are playing.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im going with every single word of that!

Watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last night (well worth a watch). It says that social media has created this, where there is no middle ground on anything any more.

We verge from champions league material to championship on here depending on a particular result.

I'll give you the answer now. We never were title challengers or relegation material. It always was mid-table, maybe pushing for 7th, maybe dipping to 14th or something.

I predicted us for 10th in each of our previous 2 seasons. Was pleasantly surprised we did a little better than that both times. Got us down for 12th this season. I doubt we'll be far from that either way.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll give you the answer now. We never were title challengers or relegation material. It always was mid-table, maybe pushing for 7th, maybe dipping to 14th or something.

I predicted us for 10th in each of our previous 2 seasons. Was pleasantly surprised we did a little better than that both times. Got us down for 12th this season. I doubt we'll be far from that either way.
I didnt say title contenders, I said champions league spot. Big difference.

Oh and we'll be nowhere near 12th.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So we lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty. Hardly the end of the world.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough @Kebab Warrior and well said..

Yet you got to understand that Wolves supporters / fans are not allowed to vent their feelings as they used to live at Molineux stadium..
So especially now we're back in lockdown.. Molineux Mix forum is the only option we have to vent their / our spleen.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be worse. Could be Arsenal, Sheffield United or any number of clubs with high expectations.

D

Deleted member 5635

Theres only a few things you can do on here regarding results and performance.

Win and play well= you can mention the result and performance.

win and play poor= you can mention the result only. Don’t mention the performance as your not a proper fan if you do.

lose and play well=You can only mention the performance.

lose and play crap=Don’t mention either as your definitely not a fan and your a WUM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty. Hardly the end of the world.

We lost to a dodgy penalty because we sat back and invited the opponent to attack. We do this in 80% of our matches, which will always leave us vulnerable, especially with current rules. The point is, this match was not a 1 off. We played much the same as we've played for every one of the last 20 matches or so. Whether Sevilla, Fulham or Leicester. We sit back, invite the opponents to camp near our penatly area, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Always it's unpleasant to watch and our players are capable of so much more.

The notable exceptions were Sheff U and Palace, where we were noticably showing more attacking intent from the kick off and won both comfortably and played well. Can anyone please explain why we hardly ever choose to play like this, instead serving up stodge like yesterday?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough @Kebab Warrior and well said..

Yet you got to understand that Wolves supporters / fans are not allowed to vent their feelings as they used to live at Molineux stadium..
So especially now we're back in lockdown.. Molineux Mix forum is the only option we have to vent their / our spleen.
It’s a fair point I guess. We’re all trapped inside.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost to a dodgy penalty because we sat back and invited the opponent to attack. We do this in 80% of our matches, which will always leave us vulnerable, especially with current rules. The point is, this match was not a 1 off. We played much the same as we've played for every one of the last 20 matches or so. Whether Sevilla, Fulham or Leicester. We sit back, invite the opponents to camp near our penatly area, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Always it's unpleasant to watch and our players are capable of so much more.

The notable exceptions were Sheff U and Palace, where we were noticably showing more attacking intent from the kick off and won both comfortably and played well. Can anyone please explain why we hardly ever choose to play like this, instead serving up stodge like yesterday?
You’re not a proper fan!

just kidding - and yes I wish I knew. I’d personally like us to go full Keegan era entertainers given the talent we have and sod where we finish.
Not sure Nuno agrees.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lose and play crap=Don’t mention either as your definitely not a fan and your a WUM.

I really don't like the comments on other Wolves fans. I thought the idea was that we talk about Wolves -- and other teams, anything football related.

Over time I've noticed that if anyone points out anything positive, the issue is discussed. But if anyone points out anything negative, the psychological state of the the person who made the post is discussed. :) TBF The thread on our few goals conceded and excellent defence is refreshing as at least it does talk about the football.

But there seems little discussion on why we are not scoring goals, why Raul looks off, why our forwards are so static, what's happening with our midfield etc etc ....let alone some "unusual" transfer fees, because any time they are mentioned, it mostly turns into accusations against the sanity of the person who mentioned it. Or that they are not a proper fan offering proper support. It's all deflection, denying there is an issue, so don't you dare mention it. Everything is fine, look at the League Table and so on.

Meanwhile leaving us none the wiser as to why high quality forwards like ours struggle to make an impression, match after match. Why we seem to not want to play in the first half... hardly any discussion on it because it degenerates into wild accusations that the person who raised it is "only happy when Wolves are losing". Which is frankly, ludicrous and so clearly a mindless platitude dodging what could be a real issue.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, we were crap in the past and we shouldn’t (IMO) lose sight of how far we’ve come and how quickly! Long we toiled through the darkness of the lower divisions.

Equally we can see the massive potential of the squad we have and we should feel able to offer criticism when we feel it’s underperforming... or maybe (just maybe) being hamstrung by overly cautious tactics.

From my perspective, I find the constant ‘we couldn’t afford Silva’ or ‘we needed proven top class quality’ comments grating. Because the first is patently wrong and the second is naive. But I understand the sentiments, the passion and the desire to see Wolves thrive.

Ultimately this is a forum for discussion and if all we do is scream at each other and huddle into little tribes what’s the point?
And I freely admit I’m just as bad as anyone.
But I shall try and do better.

I’ll end on a hopeful note - although it’s been fairly turgid to watch so far, we’re still 9th, we have all sorts of talent and we keep clean sheets. A little more adventure, a little more aggression and who know where we might be...

COYW
And the lowest scorers outside the bottom 3. We lost our last year because of our lack of goals.

Spot on this.

Sooner or later, the coaching team are going to have to get team getting forward a lot more, particularly if they want to fulfill Nuno’s ambition of making us less one dimensional.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re not a proper fan!

just kidding - and yes I wish I knew. I’d personally like us to go full Keegan era entertainers given the talent we have and sod where we finish.
Not sure Nuno agrees.

At first it sounds crazy, but you get more points if you win 3-0 then lose 0-3, than if you go 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 the whole season. :) Mind you, we have the practical experiment going on right now with Bielsa at Leeds. The diametric opposite of Nuno.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a fair point I guess. We’re all trapped inside.
Exactly @Kebab Warrior plus if your like me I live alone, with not even a cat to kick ( joking to animal lovers) as I lost her last year :(
So like I said Molineux Mix is now one of the few places you can vent your spleen.
Lockdown this time is even worse imo. As it's getting too cold & wet to go outside and vent your spleen out there also now.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair point. Leicester are very good and matched our shape. They nullified Semedo and Ait-Nouri so we couldn't repeat last week. I think Nuno would have been happy with a draw. But agree, would prefer us to start with more urgency rather than pace ourselves.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling the need for calm? Try some Wolves branded ginseng flavoured herbal jelly.

... or just re-watch the first half of most of our recent matches. Sends me to sleep every time! (unless there's a dodgy VAR decision :mad:)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The over the top reaction to yesterday’s match is completely absurd quite frankly

Probably one of the worst reactions to a performance seen on this forum - quite something

The reaction isn't just about yesterday...it's "oh no, not this again". Because there was little yesterday we haven't seen time and time again recently. Also, we had been improving, played well and good to watch against Palace. After that, the first half yesterday was a hugely frustrating let down for many.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to dignify this thread with a response. Damn!!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reaction isn't just about yesterday...it's "oh no, not this again". Because there was little yesterday we haven't seen time and time again recently. Also, we had been improving, played well and good to watch against Palace. After that, the first half yesterday was a hugely frustrating let down for many.
Disappointing yeah but hardly the end of the world in the context of the season or the scoreline .

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if the Leicester match had been a one-off, then the 'call for calm' would be somewhat justified, although every fan on this forum has the right to comment as they see fit. However, with relatively few exceptions, our football has been awful, despite some decent results. We ran into the buffers against Leicester and although we 'only' lost 1-0 with a disputed penalty, we were never in the same game as Leicester, especially (as is becoming the norm) in the first half.
Personally, I've not read any ott comments, no hysteria, no 'we should be in the Champion's League by now' etc... What I see is fans expressing frustration that a team with so much talent is playing well below itself. Yes, there are questions about why we sold Jota and Doc and why we splurged so much on a striker for the future when anyone with one eye could see that we hadn't replaced the the creativity and goals of the two we sold, but most fans just want us to play as well as we know we can. No more than that! Then, if we get walloped by Wet Sham or beaten by Leicester, then we can ask for no more. While we are not doing that, then more questions will be raised and the 'call for calm' will be even more ridiculous than it already sounds.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not the results - its some other matters that cause concern.

They are :-
We haven't seen anything in Silva yet that warrants £35 million price tag. By that I mean a natural ability .
Jota looks so good playing in a more central attacking role - that we seem to have wasted his talents. Are we doing that with Podence and Neto ?
Moutinho is getting far less game time in a season when we are not travelling to Europe.
Vitinha is not playing.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly @Kebab Warrior plus if your like me I live alone, with not even a cat to kick ( joking to animal lovers) as I lost her last year :(
So like I said Molineux Mix is now one of the few places you can vent your spleen.
Lockdown this time is even worse imo. As it's getting too cold & wet to go outside and vent your spleen out there also now.
Sorry about your cat.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if the Leicester match had been a one-off, then the 'call for calm' would be somewhat justified, although every fan on this forum has the right to comment as they see fit. However, with relatively few exceptions, our football has been awful, despite some decent results. We ran into the buffers against Leicester and although we 'only' lost 1-0 with a disputed penalty, we were never in the same game as Leicester, especially (as is becoming the norm) in the first half.
Personally, I've not read any ott comments, no hysteria, no 'we should be in the Champion's League by now' etc... What I see is fans expressing frustration that a team with so much talent is playing well below itself. Yes, there are questions about why we sold Jota and Doc and why we splurged so much on a striker for the future when anyone with one eye could see that we hadn't replaced the the creativity and goals of the two we sold, but most fans just want us to play as well as we know we can. No more than that! Then, if we get walloped by Wet Sham or beaten by Leicester, then we can ask for no more. While we are not doing that, then more questions will be raised and the 'call for calm' will be even more ridiculous than it already sounds.
Not a fan of my thread idea I see.
To be fair, it was a response to the name calling polarisation on the mix rather than a response to our results (and was intended with a dose of irony) but if you feel it’s ridiculous fair enough.

*whisper* not a proper fan

D

Deleted member 5635

The over the top reaction to yesterday’s match is completely absurd quite frankly

Probably one of the worst reactions to a performance seen on this forum - quite something
Behave the part you mention about one of the worst reactions to a performance seen on this forum gets trotted out all the time.

D

Deleted member 11157

I propose that wetting and clapping be official recognised on this forum. This is the only way that those afflicted can be given the support of their fellow pack. The Mutchy Scale ( An ode to our wonderful Moderator) will rate on severity 1-10 with 10 being extreme and 0 being minimal. Recommendation for those hitting 8-10 be sent to the chill-out zone.

I am offering three categores which are thus.

- Delusional Wetting / Clapping
Those who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about in respect of a football team.

- Emotional Wetting / Clapping
Those who may have a personality trait or be influenced by external factors such as demonic possession, substance misuse or having Watching the Albion play recently that will predispose them to post in a certain way.

- Contextual Wetting / Clapping
Those who will tend to run before they walk or walk when they should be running.

Back
Top Bottom