Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

70 Years Ago This Day

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was on April 24th 1954, that our beloved club clinched the first of so far three Top-Flight Titles, beating our stripey neighbours down the road!

Tonight’s Matchday Programme is a special edition, marking the Platinum Jubilee occasion and the front cover is simple and beautiful at the same time.

Cheers to our Champions of 1953/1954!

IMG_3893.jpeg

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
A historic day for one of football's most historic clubs. We are a true force in the English game, don't let any Sky pundit tell us otherwise!

It is my dream that we will win another top flight title in my lifetime. and I'd be happy even if I had to wait until I was on my deathbed to see it.

Side note, the old First Division/EFL Championship trophy is absolutely gorgeous. I love ornamental cups.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was aged 5 and a half! I didn't go to my first game at Molineux until I was 6, autumn of 1954. Don't really remember much about 53-4, except for beating Chelsea 8-1 a couple of days before my 5th birthday in September 53.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the title was assured until we beat Spurs at Molineux 2-0 in the last game of the season. We beat the Baggies (who finished a couple of points behind us in 2nd) 3-0 at the Hawthorns at the beginning of April, which put us well and truly in charge for the run-in. What a season for West Midlands football! We won the League for the first time ever and they won the F A Cup (and missed the Double by 2 points!)

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was still 8 years of age and football in England was far away with very limited connections of those years. Still most of my brothers were supporting Blackpool, with Stanley Matthews as their favourite player, but I started supporting Wolves as being a young lad, I went for glory hunting since Wolves were for the first time, the champions of the old first division. I never changed my alliances, to the contrary they kept flourishing in all these 70 years.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes, had effectively won the title with a game to spare given the goal difference (or average in those days), but not official until the last game had been played.

IMG_20240424_172723.jpg

IMG_20240424_172653.jpg

Back
Top Bottom