Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

6km

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve just read a piece in the E&S and it states Burnley outran us by 6km yesterday which is the largest margin of any top flight game this season. I said before about how the hard work has disappeared from our game and if the score line yesterday wasn’t proof enough there is the stat to back it up.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is shameful.
I can forgive alot of things..and God knows I have through the years when Wolves is concerned..but I do not forgive players that can´t be *****.
It is unacceptable.It is a shame.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a stat I would be smashing down their throats this week in training!! Be telling players, they are playing for their futures at the club as they can easily be part of a clear out to free up funds to bring players who want to play for the badge and the fans.

they need to know just how badly they were out worked and the record that comes with it as the biggest gap all season.

you can forgive mistakes, but not a lack of effort or heart, that stat makes it clear how little they cared on the day!

honestly they should hang their heads in collective shame!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do they find this information?

I saw Edwards say it was the biggest gap of the season but if you look at last season's stats, 6km difference isn't at all different.

This isn't me defending them btw, they looked as though they didn't try and I'd like to see the sprints because we had no intensity.

However, I was very concerned to hear Nuno say it was a shock as we normally outrun teams, because, as you can see on that link, it's a blatant lie. We never outrun teams and I'm fine with that because we have a certain style, but why is he claiming we do?

It's not another criticism of his style but you generally don't need to run as much when you are a defensive counter-attacking team. It's about getting into position, sitting deep and springing on the break.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our performance reminded me of Everton's at the tail end of last season when we beat the 3-0.
They’re a good comparison actually. They were awful in that game same as we were the weekend. Ended the season not in the greatest state and with big questions to answer in the summer and problems all over the pitch.

Lots of talk on here about how without wholesale changes we’ll be in trouble next season yet they only bought in 4 first team outfield players last summer and have been much improved this season and, whilst not massively impressive, are in with a shout of Europe despite some injury problems this season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our performance reminded me of Everton's at the tail end of last season when we beat the 3-0.

It had similarities, but yesterday was worse. We had to work much harder for those 3 goals than Burnley did. And scoring 3 goals for us wasnt' some kind of all time record, which scoring 4 for Burnley was. They've struggled as much as we have for goals this season. Until yesterday. Basically, we have never turned over a side in the Premier, like they turned us over yesterday.

Us making Burnley look like Barcelona is a league worse than Everton making us look like a fairly good team.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6km sounds a lot but it's only 600m per outfield player.

But that is still 6 pitch lengths over the course of 90 minutes which is shocking stat per player

That's the thing with these old school clogger teams like Burnley. Uncouth thugs chasing the ball around. Our elegant sophistication means we get the ball to do the work.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous shows how sluggish the midfield and wing backs are and don’t get me started on attacking players we was like statues.

Burnley made us look like a non league club, it could of been 0-6......

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That stat is a disgrace.

Honestly that stat is just embarrassing.

Anyone getting angry over this stat doesn't understand running stats, and is just looking for an excuse to froth at the mouth. Leicester are in the relegation zone based on distance covered this season, while Newcastle are top. Donk was frequently the top runner in the league last year when playing in midfield, do you think that made him the best?

Get worked up about a lack of intensity if you want, but not this.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 3 teams for distance covered last season, Brighton, Norwich and Bournemouth.

Wolves 18th. Ran 220km less than Bournemouth, no wonder we went down.
Funny old thing is that you have to chase around a lot when you have little possession or quality... Look at the running figures for Mick's teams...

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sunday lunchtime games often have more of a low key feel to them, add in that it was a game where one team had nothing to play for against one that is fighting for survival. Seen it happen all too often (remember when we beat WBA 3-1 in similar circumstances?).

Doesn't make it right and definitely something that shouldn't be allowed to happen again, but maybe it's not that 'Nuno's losing the team', but just a group of players who thought it was job done and dropped their levels.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday lunchtime games often have more of a low key feel to them, add in that it was a game where one team had nothing to play for against one that is fighting for survival. Seen it happen all too often (remember when we beat WBA 3-1 in similar circumstances?).

Doesn't make it right and definitely something that shouldn't be allowed to happen again, but maybe it's not that 'Nuno's losing the team', but just a group of players who thought it was job done and dropped their levels.
It shouldn't happen but as you say it does. I suspect that 30k peed off fans might have had an impact had there been a crowd...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen several stats on twitter from yesterdays game that dont make pretty reading like sprints from players etc. Burnley's were way better than us. Really poor and very telling.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only stat that matters IMO is our closing down stats as it looked to me as if it was nonexistent ..

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have minded if Burnley covered more ground than us because we had so much possession they were chasing shadows. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Noticed it during the game. I watched Dendonker stroll leisurely over to play, the ball went up in the air and he did a half jump so it looked like he tried to win the ball, but in reality he just didn't bother trying. Similar stories throughout the game, but Donk probably stuck out as he usually covers a lot of ground.

Embarrassing

Lycaon

Reaction score
No real surprise there!
Unfortunately there was only one team in it!
Credit due to Burnley, they executed their game plan well and exploited our many weaknesses without any trouble at all.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many more threads do we need to prove what Nuno is doing is not working? Facts speak for themselves, just saying he's a good guy and he's given us 3 great seasons does not do it when you see stats like this and a performance like yesterday. He's taking us nowhere at all and if people can't see it then they are blind.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many more threads do we need to prove what Nuno is doing is not working? Facts speak for themselves, just saying he's a good guy and he's given us 3 great seasons does not do it when you see stats like this and a performance like yesterday. He's taking us nowhere at all and if people can't see it then they are blind.

Should Liverpool sack Klopp? Compared to their standards from the previous two-three seasons, they've been even worse than us this year.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I reckon we’ll be fine on Monday.

Big dinner with six pints of Banks’s, set us up nicely for an early evening kick off, then off for ****tails and happy hours after a running battle on the ring road after the match.

That’s the players sorted. What about the fans?

D

Deleted member 11332

Top 3 teams for distance covered last season, Brighton, Norwich and Bournemouth.

Wolves 18th. Ran 220km less than Bournemouth, no wonder we went down.

That's all well and good when you are beating teams with quality. We can't do that now, shows a complete lack of awareness at best and laziness at worse.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6km! Wouldn't have been surprised to read that they outran us by 6km per player.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only stat that matters IMO is our closing down stats as it looked to me as if it was nonexistent ..
At one point in the 1st half José was waving his arms asking teammates to press higher up the pitch. No response, of course...

Back
Top Bottom