Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

50p per ticket fee

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was specifically about ticketing. We’re being told that we’re seeing price rises as we are now among the ‘elite’ and are being charged to reflect this experience and status, yet we’re seeing Ryanair style ‘micro-charges’ added to purchasing tickets. As other people have said, if the ‘whole’ cost of a ticket needs to be £16.50, just charge that, it’s not hard to make the customer experience an easy one. Don’t hide behind having ‘cheap’ tickets but then slap extra charges on that people can’t actually avoid paying. To use your international players point - Mander Centre aside - I seriously doubt the club grasping at 50p here and an extra pound there is going to make a dent in the wage bill any time soon. All it’s currently serving to do is add another slight annoyance to a fan base that could soon start to feel they’re being taken for granted if many more things like this keep creeping in on the marketing side. As I said, on its own it’s a negligible impact but it’s not on its own, is it?
Having never flown with Ryanair, I stand corrected, point well made.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Setting up an automated system still has a cost. I have no idea of its the case in this example but, maybe, there has been an overhaul. There is a cost to manage any problems - cancellations, date changes etc which will mean managing a phone line. There's is an argument that this should be included in the ticket price as a cost of sale but all industries are at it. However it is split out, any decent business will be covering those costs and putting a profit on top so you'd still be paying one way or another.
but the system is already in place and has been for a few years and no cost for this last year

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just having flash back from Atlantis seeing this. Pound a pint at Heroes then Atlantis to pay this guy a quid for a splash of Tommy Hillfinger
80p a pint in Heroes on a Tuesday. Happy days.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket office only to open Saturday mornings and Wednesdays for in person sales too so even less chance of avoiding fees going forward.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just treat admin fees as part of the price of the ticket. I don't know why they list it separately. Maybe they have to for tax reasons?

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not defending these fees, but a 50p service charge for an electronic ticket is nothing compared to such fees for many events. Anyone who has been to an event other than a football match in the past 20 years should know as much.

For instance, I can buy a ticket to my favorite baseball team's next home game for as little as $19 apiece right now. However, that $19 becomes $26 (a 37% increase) after a $3.50 service fee and a $3.50 order fee. A pair of tickets priced at $21 apiece would total $54 (a 28% increase) after an $8.50 service fee and $3.50 order fee.

Wolves would be better off not adding on an extra 50p fee, but it is a wildly affordable charge in comparison to the average or median service/order fee you'll find for anything from sporting events to festivals to concerts to the theatre.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You can’t use train loos in a station. Not sure if that’s a law or just train rules though.
Think that's an old rule from when the toilets would just empty onto the track. Modern carriages have tanks that store all the ****.

So now you can go for an albion in the station!

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not defending these fees, but a 50p service charge for an electronic ticket is nothing compared to such fees for many events. Anyone who has been to an event other than a football match in the past 20 years should know as much.

For instance, I can buy a ticket to my favorite baseball team's next home game for as little as $19 apiece right now. However, that $19 becomes $26 (a 37% increase) after a $3.50 service fee and a $3.50 order fee. A pair of tickets priced at $21 apiece would total $54 (a 28% increase) after an $8.50 service fee and $3.50 order fee.

Wolves would be better off not adding on an extra 50p fee, but it is a wildly affordable charge in comparison to the average or median service/order fee you'll find for anything from sporting events to festivals to concerts to the theatre.
That doesnt make it right though. I can understand the £1.50 when you get a ticket in the mail but to charge for me to print it myself is a joke. If its a cost for processing the ticket then why not just make it part of the price of the ticket in the first place. This is a new fee so it worked before now.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wait, one day you will run into a player out and about, ask for an autograph and possibly a photo when suddenly a man in black suit and sunglasses appears at your side "£5 for the autograph and £20 for the picture".

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Just wait, one day you will run into a player out and about, ask for an autograph and possibly a photo when suddenly a man in black suit and sunglasses appears at your side "£5 for the autograph and £20 for the picture".
You’ve been to a convention then I take it!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket office only to open Saturday mornings and Wednesdays for in person sales too so even less chance of avoiding fees going forward.
as far as I know the charge still applies if you buy from ticket office

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed that the club are showing so little creativity in this. Just bog standard, tedious admin charge rip-offs.

How about a £2.00 admin fee, refunded if we lose the match? Or 10p deducted from ticket price for every "like" you get on the Mix? :D

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought it was good when the club came out with a strong statement against the super league, clearly it wasnt worth the 50p printed paper it was written on.

Owners would have been chomping at the bit to get in there.

Is there something in the water in WV1? Seem to be looking for any possible way to charge fans (who have been through a pandemic themselves) and rile up the ones who actually follow the team.

50p aint the point, the list is starting to pile up of reasons to dislike the football club with the moves they are making.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone received email for print out tickets yet?
The person sending the emails who's getting the 50p's must be on lunch hour :laughing:

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Anyone received email for print out tickets yet?
The person sending the emails who's getting the 50p's must be on lunch hour :laughing:
It says they’ll be sent out within 72 hours of ordering.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was good when the club came out with a strong statement against the super league, clearly it wasnt worth the 50p printed paper it was written on.

Owners would have been chomping at the bit to get in there.

Is there something in the water in WV1? Seem to be looking for any possible way to charge fans (who have been through a pandemic themselves) and rile up the ones who actually follow the team.

50p aint the point, the list is starting to pile up of reasons to dislike the football club with the moves they are making.
Spot on this.

50p admin fee added
Closing of the town centre store
Scrapping Wolfies Den and activities pre game for kids
Taking the programme sellers tickets off them
Forcing all the independent food sellers away for a central controlled (non local) franchise
Threatening badge sellers with legal action
The recent loyalty points issue (even if you're for it think everyone disagrees the way it was slyly done/the £20 charge for 'pro' membership)
Cutting ties with Fans parliament
15%, 10% and 10% min consecutive ticket/season ticket increases
£12.50, £5 and £5 membership price increases (recent was no increase but only after a dud season/the introduction of £20 increase for some
The sly way they moved goalposts for pre pandemic game refunds

Think after the initial 'lets get the fans onboard' period, this clubs been turning into the type I despise off the pitch for sometime now.

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
That doesnt make it right though. I can understand the £1.50 when you get a ticket in the mail but to charge for me to print it myself is a joke. If its a cost for processing the ticket then why not just make it part of the price of the ticket in the first place. This is a new fee so it worked before now.

Well, none of the fees I mentioned have anything to do with postage. I also went to a show the other night and was charged £1.25 per electronic ticket for "concessions". It's all fairly standard these days even if it took an incredibly long time to reach football.

I hate to break it to you, but you're probably pay all kinds of random ass service or processing type fees for other services too. And they're a lot more than 50p per use.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t use train loos in a station. Not sure if that’s a law or just train rules though.

You could use the loos - but couldn't flush them. That was back in the days when trains used to empty waste onto the line.

These days, the toilets don't empty onto the line - so this rule no longer applies.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that's an old rule from when the toilets would just empty onto the track. Modern carriages have tanks that store all the ****.

So now you can go for an albion in the station!
Did not know that. I’ve even stayed inside the cubicle until the train has left the station, just so I could flush.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Give him time....
Imo we are miles ahead of Moxey days fosun donated tons of Ppe to new cross and other hospitals across Europe as well as donating ventilators. we were the first to completely close at the beginning of covid paid staff didn’t furlough anyone like other clubs did
Couldn’t imagine any of that happening in Moxey regime.
it’s just my opinion of course people Just want to pick out things to moan at.
be glad when the season starts and we can have something different to moan about

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo we are miles ahead of Moxey days fosun donated tons of Ppe to new cross and other hospitals across Europe as well as donating ventilators. we were the first to completely close at the beginning of covid paid staff didn’t furlough anyone like other clubs did
Couldn’t imagine any of that happening in Moxey regime.
it’s just my opinion of course people Just want to pick out things to moan at.
be glad when the season starts and we can have something different to moan about
I wouldn't argue much of that. Just a few worrying signs.

Back
Top Bottom