Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

4 at the back

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems we don’t attack well at the 5 change in personal, tactics and other factors have forced the change

at this point I would rather play 4-2-3-1 and play football and lose tbh than watching the same dross every few days

Nothing to lose now really is there tbh

Also feel sorry for the players shoved into positions they don't fit

It's getting to the point I don't want to watch defence first football

Love to know others opinions etc

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems yet again Nuno has scrapped it after the Arsenal game for the boring 5 at the back.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
4.2.3.1 should be the ONLY way we go.

IT'S.. THAT.... SIMPLE!!!!!

I'M BORED OF THE WAY WE PLAY!!!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems yet again Nuno has scrapped it after the Arsenal game for the boring 5 at the back.

Like we know there was a clear the air chat and that should have come up

I know Southampton play some good football but bang out of form least give it a go that cb had a mistake in him

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is nothing left to play for this season. If we waste what is left playing boring and negative football with 7 defensive players on the pitch, then you have to question whether we have the right people in place to take us forwards.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed . We should only be playing 5 against man city Liverpool Man U and Chelsea . Maybe spurs too.
I think it worked well against Leicester to be honest. Teams that really push forward can be
countered.

Longterm, however, Wolves have to be able to play higher up the pitch with more variation.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it worked well against Leicester to be honest. Teams that really push forward can be
countered.

Longterm, however, Wolves have to be able to play higher up the pitch with more variation.

I would say Leicester are right up there and we had chances, but tonight couldn't create anything

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it may have been due to the fact that Boly is out. Not sure we can play 4 without him

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 at the back all day long for me, there’s very few attack minded teams who use 5. We may lose 5-4 4-2 or 3-2 a few times but at least we won’t be bored. We only need 3 more wins to be safe we ain’t going down so let’s try and attack

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton let in 9 and then a further 3 before HT versus Newcastle.

To start the attacking players we did is just pure brain dead. I just can’t get my head around it.

The fact Coady didn’t play either yet we still played a back 5 just beggars belief.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There must be ways of playing a back 4 without being so open?!

Man City and Liverpool both do it to an extent, although they both press really hard, which can open them up.

Both of their systems rely on a central holding midfield player, to offer extra protection to the back 4, which Neves could do very well.

It then frees up the other 2 central midfield players a bit, to play across the whole width of the pitch, finding little pockets of space. Neto would be great in that role in my opinion. It's also a role that Vitinha is maybe more suited to.

I'd quite like to see this lineup at some point:

Patricio

Semedo---Dendoncker---Boly---Jonny

Neves

Vitinha---------Neto

Traore--------------------------Podence

Jose
With Neto playing wide until Podence is fit and Moutinho coming into the midfield. Coady, Saiss or Kilman in until Boly is back.

It's basically the 343, but with Coady's position pushed 10 yards in front of the back line instead of 10 yards behind it and 2 more advanced, progressive central midfielders.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Given it was a cup tie and we were chasing the game, I was really hoping we’d sacrifice one of Kilman (awful line for the first goal) or Donk in the second half and give it a real go.

Something like:

Ruddy
Hoever, Dendoncker, Saiss, Ait-Nouri
Neves
Vitinha, Moutinho
Traore, Jose, Neto

I actually quite like @WolfLing’s team above. Would suit Neves down to the ground as well playing the deep-lying role with plenty of movement ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom