Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

30 years ago today

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm 42 years old and I can't say for sure exactly when my love for Wolves started, but it definitely pre-dated this, I remember the result like it was yesterday and remember being proud as punch at school that Bully scored 4 goals. Most of my mates back then we're Liverpool, Everton, Spurs or United....I was so proud to walk the streets in my Bukta Wolves shirt, despite us being lowly paupers in comparison to those clubs supported by my friends. Makes where we are today all the more special.
Happy New Year everybody x

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there. Me and a couple of mates went up on the plane. Fantastic day.

A lot has happened in that 30 years. Got married, had two kids, lost grandparents, part time masters degree, half a dozen jobs. Wolves have been a constant thread. Let's hope these times set the foundation for the next 30 years (which with luck I might just about see out)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
29 years ago today we played Watford... a classic goalless draw at home...

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at the Newcastle game. Didn't fly what a horrible journey given the day it was. Coming home was though was a magnificent celebration journey tho and at that point in glad I hadn't flew as it lasted longer. :D

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One game I didn't attend due to a previous family engagement. Sat having a meal in a restaurant when I heard about Bully. It must have been brilliant for the travelling fans, particularly those who flew there.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite Wolves away days of all time. Just superb... singing “The Wolves are going up” as we took off from Brum :)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
One of my biggest regrets, was a bit brassic and gave it a miss having trudged up and down the country over the previous years to some real footballing outposts. Always kick myself not being part of the airlift.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there. Stood on the Gallowgate End with all the Newcastle fans. We were staying with Newcastle United friends for New Year. Just fantastic.

neilthewolf

Reaction score
I was there. Couple of things that stand out. 3500-4000 Wolves fans were there in a total gate of around 19,000(so much for the amazing Newcastle support)
I also think I remember a Utd fan getting on the pitch and trying to attack the then manager Jim Smith(r.i.p)
Also there goal scorer was our future manager Mr McGee.

D

Deleted member 4382

My dad drove up from MCR in his XR2. Broke down twice on the way home. Great day and memories.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like the Chorley attendees did a double booking...;)

Back
Top Bottom