Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

23/09/21 - Do you think we will go down?

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
I have a feeling about that too.

I'll do this poll again in early November. Be interesting to see a comparison
When I said about Leeds at the start of the season a number of people said I was insane etc. Bielsa seems to lack the ability to offer long term success. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up with big Sam for Christmas.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted no chance. After that I feel less sure. I guess there are at least 3 worse and we can play a lot lot better hopefully.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do wish a few more people would try and be positive about the team and club. The constant moaning, gripeing, and misery makes me avoid this forum more and more and other sites where Wolves are discussed. I am sure the people who like to hear good things must be in the majority really, but like me try and avoid wading through the quagmire of poor souls posts who have nothing better to do than complain about every aspect of the team, club and people who are working very hard for success. Anyway - I am just waiting for a good run of results so I can enjoy a few more positive thoughts and share in a bit of belief of having a good season.
Hear hear.
They find fault with everything at the club.

Last edited:

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are worse teams than us at the moment - including Spurs - so I think we'll be safe if those teams continue their current form. We'll finish around 14th.

If Raul struggles for form though, and / or the poor teams find a run of good form, we could be in for trouble.

Whether we stay or survive, we're not going to remain lucky forever. At the end of this season, players like Moutinho need to be moved on, a reliable second out-and-out goalscorer needs to be bought, and players like Podence and Silva need to be sold and replaced - even if it means taking a hit financially to move them on - which is inevitable for Silva because we paid way over the top for him.

The squad is unbalanced at the moment, and Bruno also needs to be given the opportunity to bring in players to play the system he needs too (such as defenders that can play Brunos preferred choice of a back 4, which he has said the current players can't adapt to).

At the moment, we're stuck between a stale Nuno side and a manager that wants to change the style of play - but can't because the squad is limiting him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s about beating the teams around us so if we can give Newcastle a thumping then all is going to be well I believe as we’ve never beaten them at home in the premier league and Bruno could break that duck. Some feat, Jones, McCarthy, TC, Nuno couldn’t manage

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted no after the saints win but got a feeling I will be studying the bottom of the table more than the top. I think Neto return ;Raul back on form and Jan transfer window should see us ok.

Norwich ,Watford seeing Saints maybe they should start to worry.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
No chance with how poor the bottom 5 or 6 are. Genuinely some woeful teams this year. Between 10th-12th for us hopefully.
Later in the season I'll be awaiting for the annual and obligatory post(s) saying that we are lucky that the teams at the bottom are so woeful this season, because if they're weren't we'd be in major trouble.

The big news is that the teams at the bottom are woeful every year, that's why they're at the bottom. It hardly changes season after season, people just have short memories. Last season we were lucky because Sheffield United, Albion and Fulham were woeful, the worst ever! The season before Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich were absolutely woeful, and the season before that Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield were beyond woeful. That said, the season BEFORE that Swansea, Stoke and rock bottom Albion were really woeful, they really were the dregs of the Premier League. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Later in the season I'll be awaiting for the annual and obligatory post(s) saying that we are lucky that the teams at the bottom are so woeful this season, because if they're weren't we'd be in major trouble.

The big news is that the teams at the bottom are woeful every year, that's why they're at the bottom. It hardly changes season after season, people just have short memories. Last season we were lucky because Sheffield United, Albion and Fulham were woeful, the worst ever! The season before Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich were absolutely woeful, and the season before that Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield were beyond woeful. That said, the season BEFORE that Swansea, Stoke and rock bottom Albion were really woeful, they really were the dregs of the Premier League. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Agreed, and that's kinda the point. Apparently 25% of posters think we'll go down even though there are awful teams in the bottom 3 every season. There's been nothing to suggest we are in that category thus far.

And it looks even worse this year. The bottom six teams currently have one single win between them.

Back
Top Bottom