Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2023/ 2024 Kit

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy in the club shop? Might take the kids for a treat over the weekend
Big que outside the shop this morning apparently after the tweet and no home kit for sale. I know the club don’t give a **** but they could be a bit clearer about stuff like this.
Aug 2nd apparently.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had a few shirts from China in the past and they were decent copies but always differed from the official ones when seen side to side. In the end I decided it was a false economy, so if I like a shirt I buy the official version now. I was a figure of ridicule in my house when I got a Chinese version of our black Manbet X away kit (with the gold pinstripes). It was much admired until my son ordered the official version and we realised that the pinstripes on my version were much thicker and a slightly different colour! They're fine if you just want to pay for a cheap dodgy version and are happy with that, but they're not perfect by any means.
And yellow trim!

I buy both the original and the Chinese every year. There have been some really close ones - the last home ManbetX one is very difficult to distinguish to the point I have to check the size before wearing! However the majority have some quite major tells, usually in the colours and always in the badges.

It used to be a bit of fun picking them up and trying to work out the tells but the price has gone up every year to the point even at a quarter of the price of the original, it's still not great value because if you just wear when you're going for a run.... well, you can pick up a better equipped shirt for that from TK Maxx for a tenner.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had a few shirts from China in the past and they were decent copies but always differed from the official ones when seen side to side. In the end I decided it was a false economy, so if I like a shirt I buy the official version now. I was a figure of ridicule in my house when I got a Chinese version of our black Manbet X away kit (with the gold pinstripes). It was much admired until my son ordered the official version and we realised that the pinstripes on my version were much thicker and a slightly different colour! They're fine if you just want to pay for a cheap dodgy version and are happy with that, but they're not perfect by any means.
Those Chinese black away shirts stood out like a sore thumb.

The real version is one of the best way kits we've ever had.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those Chinese black away shirts stood out like a sore thumb.

The real version is one of the best way kits we've ever had.
1 of the lads at 5aside had a Chinese fake of that shirt and another had the real thing, next to eachother the fake looked awful. The stripes and trim were very yellow in comparison to the real shirt

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

No white on the first coat of arms shirt either. I was hoping I'd get away with it.

I'd totally forgot about the brown monstrosity shirt.
What about the Adidas W88 shirt? No white on that either.

Same with home shirts from the Staw, Goodyear, Silverbug, Chaucer, Sporting Bet eras. Which ones have had white in?

Last edited by a moderator:

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonder when they’ll be listed or available in the club shop.
Thought they’d be on there by now, seems a bit odd to have them in stock but not be selling them. I’ll be buying the 1980 shirt rather than the new home shirt once they are properly released.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've really gone to both ends of the scales on this years kit.

On one hand, the away shirt is hideous. One of the worst we've had for a long time (and I include that white and blue monstrosity from 20/21 in that).

Then on the other, the home kit is the best home shirt in years. Sleek, classy, vintage looking and harking back to another great time in Wolves history as we recovered from the Bhatti era.

Wonder what the 3rd strip will be?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

On one hand, the away shirt is hideous. One of the worst we've had for a long time (and I include that white and blue monstrosity from 20/21 in that).

Then on the other, the home kit is the best home shirt in years. Sleek, classy, vintage looking and harking back to another great time in Wolves history as we recovered from the Bhatti era.

Just to wind people up even more, you know it's going to be blue and white stripes

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have always had white on the home kit for as long as I can remember. If anything it's traditional to include it.
Really?
I genuinely dont really remember much white on kits at all, apart from on Sponsor or PL League logos, which Wolves cant really be responsible for.

Might be a bit of a white stripe on the 2008/09 kit and 96-98 but other than that dont really see it nless we go back to the 30s shortsd:

citrus_wolf

Reaction score

They're awful for different reasons. The Smurf Vomit away kit looked assembled out of fabric room floor scraps, from the weird white sleeves to the odd collar and the oversaturated busy blue print and an awful, messy sponsor. I remember at the time someone mocked up an off-white version of the same shirt and it was nice!

This season the design is fine but the red is totally off-brand. It's Wales or Liverpool colours.

And the Med tile pattern to 'make the players feel at home' is garbage. I'd have respected them more if they said it's Chicken Tikka Masala red with a broken poppadom pieces pattern, to honour Wolverhampton curryhouse heritage.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?
I genuinely dont really remember much white on kits at all, apart from on Sponsor or PL League logos, which Wolves cant really be responsible for.

Might be a bit of a white stripe on the 2008/09 kit and 96-98 but other than that dont really see it nless we go back to the 30s shortsd:
Honestly I can't believe how slow you lot are. Even after I've admitted my oversight with two of the kits.Screenshot_2023-07-24-12-46-15-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Mine arrived today. I'm very much a medium but some mediums are a bit big on me but this is perfect. Think it's the best Best fitting Wolves shirt I've ever had. Looks beautiful. Shade looks less orange in reality. Very happy.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The video looks like an homage to the black, inky, Chinese watercolour brush art style. Nice that they promoted a Wolves-label song as well.

The kit is a classic look, we've had some terrible efforts recently (mismatched collar from that awful Adidas home shirt). It's smart, no gimmicks. I like the hem cut addition, it does actually help when exercising.

Do you know what the song is called that’s playing on the reveal video by any chance? I love it and want to download it!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mine arrived today. I'm very much a medium but some mediums are a bit big on me but this is perfect. Think it's the best Best fitting Wolves shirt I've ever had. Looks beautiful. Shade looks less orange in reality. Very happy.
Is it the same colour we've been wearing these last few seasons?

Vs Porto it looked "Bukta Gold", which wouldn't be the end of the World but I do love "Fosun Gold".

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Vs Porto it looked "Bukta Gold", which wouldn't be the end of the World but I do love "Fosun Gold".
Mine came yesterday and is identical in colour to last year's. Size wise mine is the same size as last year's but is a snugger fit and too tight across the shoulders for me so will have to change.

Its a lovely shirt though and the material is great

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

They look identical in colour in real life. This is a photo of (genuine) shirts from last season and this season.

PXL_20230727_060149106-min~2.jpg

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Do you know what the song is called that’s playing on the reveal video by any chance? I love it and want to download it!

I do... and you can't.

'...the home kit launch was accompanied by an exclusive track by Wolves Records’ ES. An exceptional artist with a unique creative vision, ES worked alongside innovative producer Jauntin to craft the track which complements the video unveiling. Combining football and music expertly, ‘Into The Light’ will be available to stream and download soon.'

I think they missed a trick not having the song ready to go when it was getting its most coverage.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do... and you can't.

'...the home kit launch was accompanied by an exclusive track by Wolves Records’ ES. An exceptional artist with a unique creative vision, ES worked alongside innovative producer Jauntin to craft the track which complements the video unveiling. Combining football and music expertly, ‘Into The Light’ will be available to stream and download soon.'

I think they missed a trick not having the song ready to go when it was getting its most coverage.

Brill thank you, such a shame it wasn’t ready to download at launch like you say, missed a trick there!

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Will the shirt worn during the season have the wolves foundation thing on the back or was that just for friendlies?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is anyone going to put a date/result this season that causes the first of the “distract the fans with a big discount on kit sale”?

Was comical how many we had last season and their timing to bad results lol

I am going for one after the Brighton game.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's highly amusing that Castrol thought having a Borat/Franksay style mankini as a logo was a good idea.

Nige

Reaction score
Be interested to see how close it is colour wise - was able to tell the adidas knock offs at Molineux as the colour was completely different

Also what's the sizing like?
Colour is fine. My daughter buys from club shop cos she is a toff. I buy from china. Identical. even the same label Castore advertising Wolvesshop .co.uk and all that. Sizes I agree are different order from abroad and you need to go a size higher than you would buy in the UK. Ignore all the nonsense you hear about colours being different shades etc. My away top came this week Identical to a £60 shirt my daughter Brought at the shop. and mine had the premier league logo too. I paid £18 plus a couple of pound postage.
All these manufactures Adidas Nike Puma Umbro where do people think the shirts are made in some high class manufacturing plant that costs a fortune to run. They are made in the cheapest place possible to be sold at the highest price possible to make the most money. that's just how it is but branding and marketing in this country holds people in an hypnotic state.. As do many things.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's highly amusing that Castrol thought having a Borat/Franksay style mankini as a logo was a good idea.
Brilliant! I knew it reminded me of something. The flying mankini, not quite as iconic as the swoosh or three stripes.

Back
Top Bottom