Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2023/ 2024 Kit

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's 2 of us then lol!!!!!

I love mine, future classic...
Hated it on release, but reluctantly bought it when it was reduced in price.
Love it now, though it only tends to get outings, whilst I'm on holiday in Cornwall.
It was so bad, it's great!!!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed Collins was in one of the BTS shots shared by Wolves Women, but no sign of him in any of the photos shared by the main account.
He was there when I looked this morning (website) by I haven’t checked since

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks a bit like a Mexico away kit. I quite like the slightly darker shade of red but not a fan of geo print, flecks and splodges that seem on trend for away kits. My fave away kits in recent years was the simple white and black adidas stripes and the dark red and green adidas stripes was imo a classic in the mould of the England grey (before it was trendy) Euro 96 away top.
Interesting on a day that interest rates have risen yet again that the new shirt retails at £60 for adults.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks a bit like a Mexico away kit. I quite like the slightly darker shade of red but not a fan of geo print, flecks and splodges that seem on trend for away kits. My fave away kits in recent years was the simple white and black adidas stripes and the dark red and green adidas stripes was imo a classic in the mould of the England grey (before it was trendy) Euro 96 away top.
Interesting on a day that interest rates have risen yet again that the new shirt retails at £60 for adults.
I'm surprised myself that more hasn't been made of the £60 price.
Each to their own, I guess, but it's outrageous, in my opinion!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve liked every away shirt we’ve had since promotion, up until today.

Reactions: Ned

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't the point of an away kit a shirt you wear when it clashes with the home side?
Our old gold clashes with red.
Hmmmmmnn

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't get why anyone would want to buy away kit anyway. Gold and black first kit only for me.
A lot of fans do enjoy wearing away kits, but agree because when you see people wearing other clubs away kits, I never have any idea who they are unless I look at the club badge or sponsor as a giveaway. They could be anyone. No brand identity whatsoever which is surely the main reason why fans wear their favourite teams kit.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I never really liked the Portugal-style one and think this is slightly worse, albeit with a better sponsor and the correctly coloured club badge.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is just not proper Wolves for me, we are going down the same route as introducing a Portugal one, only this looks very much like the Spain kit.....maybe we will have an all black kit next, so we can do the Haka in front of opponents pre kick off...:)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is just not proper Wolves for me, we are going down the same route as introducing a Portugal one, only this looks very much like the Spain kit.....maybe we will have an all black kit next, so we can do the Haka in front of opponents pre kick off...:)
According to the BBC this is exactly why we've gone for this colour - so all our Iberian players will feel at home when they wear it. If that is so what a load of *******s. If they want to feel at home don't move to Wolverhampton. Imv our colour is old gold and in any kit some reference to the old gold must be shown, ideally for me on a white shirt (a black shirt might work if that's allowed). To me if you go down the red or blue route you are aping ****ing Liverpool or Chelsea and there is no way would I want to be associated with either of these 2 clubs or any of the other 91 for that matter.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sooner people realise that away kits , and even more so, 3rd kits, are just fashion accessories to club owners they won't be so dramatic about a piece of clothing.
For the record, think it looks good in the promo video, granted a "moody" and "darkened" video.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually really like the new away strip, but for the life of me, our main colours are gold and black (and they always should be), so why not make our away colours black and gold!

They were a couple of seasons ago, so why not now?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually really like the new away strip, but for the life of me, our main colours are gold and black (and they always should be), so why not make our away colours black and gold!

That’s my view too. If we must have three strips, the let’s have a black and gold away strip, and then the third strip can be whatever colour scheme the club thinks is going to sell this season.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So the club can sell more replica shirts. If it's the same away colour year after year folk won't be as inclined to buy one year after year

Wouldn't be a close season on the Mix though if we didn't have the two week rant about next season's kit as the build up to the much more intense July rant about lack of signings

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a terrible shirt. Much better than that blue and white cloud thing!
It’s just absolutely not a wolves shirt.
This is it, it isn’t a Wolves shirt and feels less like a Wolves shirt than any I can remember.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Thumbs up from me. I think it looks stylish and it makes a refreshing change to have something a bit different.
I agree. I really do like it. Nice design. It looked pretty slick on the players modelling it.

BUT personally, I would like it to be our 3rd kit! Will be very strange, and a bit Liverpooly, seeing us play in all that red.

Keep the Away kit traditional white! Or do it in black. Keep the 3rd kit for marketing purposes, experimental design, different colours like the red of this one.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much money do second and third kit sales actually generate?
Can’t be that much, can it?
I get that the club want to max revenue but I am not convinced that second and third kit sales makes that much difference, unless someone can tell me different.
Therefore, second should be white with appropriate gold and black trim and the third kit should be black with appropriate gold trim, all to the same template as the first kit.
No one cares that the first kit is always a variation on “old gold”, and kits are bought, so why would we keep changing the second and third kit colours?
We should be maximising our identity and brand, which includes consistency in second and third kits.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I get that the club want to max revenue but I am not convinced that second and third kit sales makes that much difference, unless someone can tell me different.
Therefore, second should be white with appropriate gold and black trim and the third kit should be black with appropriate gold trim, all to the same template as the first kit.
No one cares that the first kit is always a variation on “old gold”, and kits are bought, so why would we keep changing the second and third kit colours?
We should be maximising our identity and brand, which includes consistency in second and third kits.
With you all the way on our kits AndyY. What you say about maximising our identity and brand resonates with me.

I know a lot of Wolves fans who buy second and third kits on a regular basis. If that dedicated buying represents our fanbase, then the club shifts more of those than you may think.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Home kit today?
I was thinking that but now I'm thinking it'll probably be next week. Last week goalkeeping kit, this week away kit, next week home kit. Can't imagine they will release a third kit first, those are normally released later in the season.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't think anything needs to made of the price to be honest. The tops get heavily discounted throughout the season.

No reason anyone should ever pay the £60 imo

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think anything needs to made of the price to be honest. The tops get heavily discounted throughout the season.

No reason anyone should ever pay the £60 imo
If you want it on day one, and you amortise the cost over the entire upcoming season, it's still the cheapest way to own a shirt.

I need to stop reading up on FFP.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t even have a third kit!
Alternate between black & white for away kit.
And I definitely agree the away kit should be the same design as home, just different colour.

captain chaos

Groupie
Reaction score
It looks like the sale has already started it’s £55 at JD sports

Attachments

• IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 50

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want it on day one, and you amortise the cost over the entire upcoming season, it's still the cheapest way to own a shirt.

I need to stop reading up on FFP.
If FFP has done anything, its taught the masses the word amortised (meant as a joke, not a dig!)

Back
Top Bottom