Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2023/ 2024 Kit

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t recall one.. it’s sexy I think

Edit: actually the 1997 Wolf head one had white on it..
I'm after a sexy kit too. I'm thinking fishnet sleeves and translucent bits round the tits. Maybe cropped? The sponsor writes itself.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Opinions, ********s and everyones got one... but I think the white part in the trimming gives it a bit of contrast that makes it stand out a bit more, compared to if it had gold or black only?
I gather it is the Pantone shade of the past years, as it looks quite yellow in the JP Kits link?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And gold and black.
Think you’re having a different convo to me.. I like the white stripe because it feels retro (in general), reminds me of some old school Adidas clobber, they’ve been doing that for decades.. wasn’t making a comment about old Wolves shirts at all. Thought you were just genuinely asking if any Wolves shirt had white on..

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm 51, been everywhere with wolves but haven't owned a wolves kit since I was 8........(1980 league cup final)....I got the Steve Bulls knee vibe very early......

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you’re having a different convo to me.. I like the white stripe because it feels retro (in general), reminds me of some old school Adidas clobber, they’ve been doing that for decades.. wasn’t making a comment about old Wolves shirts at all. Thought you were just genuinely asking if any Wolves shirt had white on..
Nah, I meant if we'd ever had a black and white collar on a home shirt.

The puma one you referenced was a nice kit, I've always liked white as a third colour on our home strip.

I'm not at all opposed to having white on it, I just think it would look better with a black/gold/white or black/gold or black collar as opposed to black/white.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The shorts on here don't appear to be the same as the 'shorts' on the original picture.
JP Kits is just some fella copying the kit from leaked photos so you can download them for use in a game.

They'll probably update the kit when they have better images to work with.

The wolf head on the neck, ventilation holes and shorts and socks designs are guesses and probably not on the real kit.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody V-necks. Was hoping for a round neck this year. I hate V's with a passion! Like the general design though.
Same, although hopefully it will be a shallow v like the white kit from 21/22, rather than the deep one from last season's home shirt

kapitiwolf

Reaction score
Now we are talking,this is a really nice shirt .My order going in as soon as they come out.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks really good.

Just wondering...
If you are 34 years and 360 days old when you buy it, is it ok to wear it after 5 days as you bought it before being 35? Would seem a bit of a waste for only 5 days use....
It’s ok as long as you don’t have a name on the back

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I’m curious about the sales figures behind each season’s shirt.

I wonder if there is a correlation between how good it look and how well it sells?

For instance, the first adidas shirt was perfection. I imagine that’s our biggest ever selling shirt - by a country mile.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like it a lot. The white is good.

But give it a round neck and remove the stripes and it’s a stone-cold classic.

As it is it’s just the best we’ve had since 2018 (with little competition)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wonder if there is a correlation between how good it look and how well it sells?

For instance, the first adidas shirt was perfection. I imagine that’s our biggest ever selling shirt - by a country mile.
It would have been our biggest seller but it wasn't just down to the look though. Everybody was on a high and everything we did was met with great enthusiasm....it's the opposite nw ..

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
It would have been our biggest seller but it wasn't just down to the look though. Everybody was on a high and everything we did was met with great enthusiasm....it's the opposite nw ..
I bought it to be honest but can't really understand how people think it was the best shirt ever etc and the away kit aswell. Both shirts were standard Adidas teamwear with a Wolves badge added.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
I really like that, best since W88 Adidas. First home shirt I'll be buying in a few seasons.

Unless the away top is the shizz!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the new colour as well, but had we released the second Adidas kit that year, they'd have not sold nearly as many.

The first Adidas kit was fantastic, this new one is the closest the club have got since.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought it to be honest but can't really understand how people think it was the best shirt ever etc and the away kit aswell. Both shirts were standard Adidas teamwear with a Wolves badge added.
Less is more. I can't understand how people think that by adding unnecessary detail makes a kit better.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the new colour as well, but had we released the second Adidas kit that year, they'd have not sold nearly as many.

The first Adidas kit was fantastic, this new one is the closest the club have got since.
Yes agree it was a good shirt but had they released that kit 10 years earlier and not when the support was on a "high, it wouldn't off had record sales. My argument was it isn't just the actual shirt that makes the record sales alone.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes agree it was a good shirt but had they released that kit 10 years earlier and not when the support was on a "high, it wouldn't off had record sales. My argument was it isn't just the actual shirt that makes the record sales alone.
I wonder what the previous record holder was before Adidas?

If your argument holds water then the first LCS PL shirt would have been the record holder. I'd suspect our promotion shirt the previous year (also LCS) sold more though, because it was a nicer shirt.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what the previous record holder was before Adidas?

If your argument holds water then the first LCS PL shirt would have been the record holder. I'd suspect our promotion shirt the previous year (also LCS) sold more though, because it was a nicer shirt.
Being nice plays a part but what's happening on the pitch is also a factor...the Mexican and Chinese weren't buying our kit cause it was nice ..there was added incentives...

It doesn't matter to me personally, I dont buy one regardless...haven't had one since I was 8 at the league cup final......wearing footy tops isn't my thing....that's just me....they are all the same to me ...

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will surely be released tomorrow now there out anyway may as well and maximise the selling window as this one will fly off the shelves.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks really good.

Just wondering...
If you are 34 years and 360 days old when you buy it, is it ok to wear it after 5 days as you bought it before being 35? Would seem a bit of a waste for only 5 days use....
Is it OK wear black home kit shorts with a normal t-shirt to Aldi surrounded by grinning City fans? Asking for a 49 year old friend…

citrus_wolf

Reaction score

When we released that abhorrent, ugly, blue Alien vomit away kit with random white sleeves, genuinely one of the worst kits of all time, I'll never ever forget the number of people saying 'What the hell is that, disgusting, hate it, but it's Wolves so I'll still buy it UTW'

:oops::(

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being nice plays a part but what's happening on the pitch is also a factor...the Mexican and Chinese weren't buying our kit cause it was nice ..there was added incentives...

It doesn't matter to me personally, I dont buy one regardless...haven't had one since I was 8 at the league cup final......wearing footy tops isn't my thing....that's just me....they are all the same to me ...
Good points well made. The Mexican and Chinese markets will have had a massive impact.

Back
Top Bottom