Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2023/ 2024 Kit

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they get rid of that little red bit. There's examples of their logo being just the one colour (white or black) in photos on their website.

Hopefully there will be no red bit, didn’t another sponsor agree to go all black a few years back?

Have to get rid of the red bit. Looks ****e.
Also would be nice to get rid of the red on the sleeve sponsor.
Or actually just get rid of the sleeve sponsoring idea all together.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That matches what others had said about being a dupe of the Rangers kit but in the new version of Old Gold (aka yellow).

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at a play on the pitch event at Molineux, the Tuesday after the Everton game. Waiting in one of the lounges before our game and Semedo, Lemina and Sarabia walked through with home shirts on. Thought it was odd at the time, makes sense now.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t ever trust this guy but the picture looks pretty legit.

I’ve just sicked a little bit into my mouth… WTF is that abomination

giphy.gif

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks photoshopped to me
They do quite often add the sponsor in afterwards even on official photos.

I can remember mockups with a local building firm being used as the main sponsor being leaked a few years back. Some time later the same photos were used with the actual sponsor - possibly money shop.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do quite often add the sponsor in afterwards even on official photos.

I can remember mockups with a local building firm being used as the main sponsor being leaked a few years back. Some time later the same photos were used with the actual sponsor - possibly money shop.

Have you zoomed in on the collar?

Slight giveaway.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
White away or Silver

Home has to be Gold not yellow with gold shorts and black socks!!

We always seemed to either of got relegated or were playing in lower Divisions wearing gold shorts, so a big no from me.
We need to get back to the real old gold, not yellow, or orange but the proper old gold which is nearer brown than yellow.
Black shorts and Old gold and black hoops socks, and a gold miners hat of course, LOL
BBN

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We always seemed to either of got relegated or were playing in lower Divisions wearing gold shorts, so a big no from me.
We need to get back to the real old gold, not yellow, or orange but the proper old gold which is nearer brown than yellow.
Black shorts and Old gold and black hoops socks, and a gold miners hat of course, LOL
BBN
There's a lot of opposition to your brown shirts mate. It's not very modern. The brown shirts of the late 90's were awful and a massive flop.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a lot of opposition to your brown shirts mate. It's not very modern. The brown shirts of the late 90's were awful and a massive flop.
Know what you mean Bill S Preston Esq.
but I'm talking more the 50s Old Gold, that is Wolverhampton Wanderers, we are unique and stand out as Wolves, not all this Watford, Oxford lookalikes.
I have loads of folk saying why are you wearing yellow these days,

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
The debate about ‘old gold’ has raged for years.

A great many fans (me included) used to complain about the orangeification of the shirt - and for a very long time the gold colour changed wildly from season to season.

At least now we are nearer to the tradition Billy Wright shade of old gold, and the ‘new’ colour has been pretty consistent (apart from the 2nd adidas home shirt).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A great many fans (me included) used to complain about the orangeification of the shirt - and for a very long time the gold colour changed wildly from season to season.

At least now we are nearer to the tradition Billy Wright shade of old gold, and the ‘new’ colour has been pretty consistent (apart from the 2nd adidas home shirt).

Should be proper Old Gold!!

847BA790-A31D-4126-93C5-F8D651CF08BB.jpeg

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

still looks yellow to me mate, agree that orange was terrible, never did get why we change shades so often,Well apart from the usual greed of clubs robbing us fans

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed - as a reminder, the colour the club use is Pantone Gold. IMG_3061.png

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Know what you mean Bill S Preston Esq.
but I'm talking more the 50s Old Gold, that is Wolverhampton Wanderers, we are unique and stand out as Wolves, not all this Watford, Oxford lookalikes.
I have loads of folk saying why are you wearing yellow these days,
It's very close to the shade we wore in the 70's. It's certainly not yellow. Look at it next to a Watford or Norwich shirt and it's noticeably darker and more orange.

I must confess I've never seen a 50's shirt in the flesh, only coloured-in pictures. The late 90's shirt was a monstrosity though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 35065View attachment 35064

The Vegas 'Golden Knights' current shirts look great in my opinion and not far off what I'd consider 'old gold'. Wouldn't mind those colors with a nod to the 1923/24 shirt for 100 years on (black shorts though, please)
What did the 1923/24 Wolves achieve? (I've looked it up, we won Div 3 north). Is that worth commemorating?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, the time when people are arguing about shades of yellow ard orange and the mythical gold. When in reality all probably have their phones on different brightness settings!!!

Back
Top Bottom