Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2021 African Cup of Nations

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following a meeting on Wednesday with representatives from the Confederation of African Football (Caf), including president Ahmad, the Cameroon Football Federation (Fecafoot) tweeted: "It [2021 Africa Cup of Nations] will be played in Cameroon from 9 January to 6 February, 2021. Date changed for weather reasons at Cameroon's request..

Currently we are one of the least affected Clubs by this decision as we only have Romain who will be playing in this tournament, but we could also be missing Adama if he chooses to play for Mali, we are pretty much covered for Adama going but do we have enough cover for Romain ?, personally i think we will be okay with just one player missing for about a month but if we have 2 missing we will struggle to cover both of them, then there is also the possibility of Willy Boly playing for the Ivory Coast if he decides thats what he wants to do, then we would really be up the creek without a paddle so to speak.. personally i doubt Willy will choose to play for the Ivory Coast, and i suspect Adama will choose Spain..

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following a meeting on Wednesday with representatives from the Confederation of African Football (Caf), including president Ahmad, the Cameroon Football Federation (Fecafoot) tweeted: "It [2021 Africa Cup of Nations] will be played in Cameroon from 9 January to 6 February, 2021. Date changed for weather reasons at Cameroon's request..

Currently we are one of the least affected Clubs by this decision as we only have Romain who will be playing in this tournament, but we could also be missing Adama if he chooses to play for Mali, we are pretty much covered for Adama going but do we have enough cover for Romain ?, personally i think we will be okay with just one player missing for about a month but if we have 2 missing we will struggle to cover both of them, then there is also the possibility of Willy Boly playing for the Ivory Coast if he decides thats what he wants to do, then we would really be up the creek without a paddle so to speak.. personally i doubt Willy will choose to play for the Ivory Coast, and i suspect Adama will choose Spain..

Romain may not be away for a whole month depending on how long Morocco are in the tournament.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have thought Boly declaring for Ivory Coast is more likely than Adama going for Mali, despite how good Boly is even Laporte hasn't played a game for France yet.

Seemed pretty clear Adama wanted to wait for the chance from Spain earlier in the season and would have had it but for injury.

Back
Top Bottom