Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2016 Summer Transfer Window Summary

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for all your work again on this Sanfran. We'll keep you until the next one!

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The 2016 Transfer Window has slammed shut and brings to an end the most remarkable period of transfer activity for the club in the last 10 years and maybe in the clubs history. As if to underline the clubs intentions and send a message to the rest of the league, on deadline day the club smashed it's all time transfer record to land Portugal international Ivan Cavaleiro who joins the team from Monaco.

In total we have a signed an incredible 13 players during this window.

Of those 13 only 5 have featured so far, Teixera & Bodvarsson have already put in outstanding match winning performances whilst glimpses of Costa's trickery and pace have demonstrated that he'll be a real threat for us this season too.

The biggest surprise and arguably the one to eclipse them all, is the return of former club captain and player of the season Richard Stearman. Stearman is a vocal leader both in the dressing room and on the pitch, it's clear he's lost none of his affinity for the club that chose to sell him for football reasons.

Likely playing as a holding midfielder in front of a back four, Romain Saiss has made the move to the Championship from Angers where he too was player of the season. Saiss brings much needed big physicality to our midfield and has a reputation for getting stuck in and dropping big tackles on opponents.

With Stearman, Saiss and Bodvarsson the spine of the team looks stronger than it has for many seasons.

On the outgoing side, James Henry's departure is worthy of mention. Henry was outstanding as we tore through Division One and has probably scored one of the all time great Wolves goals with his last minute screamer against Bolton his new club. I'm sure he'll be welcomed back.

During recent windows and to quote our new leader Jeff Shi, we've not acted like Wolves. Our previous management were timid, they lacked the resources and guile to take us forwards with any enduring purpose.

Well now there's a new era and the Wolves have a very large and very hungry new pack.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me pm's and contributed to this years thread. See you at Christmas.

SFW.

Well done on the great job you do with this thread San Fran.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for this Summer Transfer Window thread San Fran Wolf. Yet again we have an essential record of all our transfers.
Well done for all the hard work involved.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Would echo everyone else's words and say thank you very much an enjoyable and entertaining window

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I do me best :)

I think this one makes up for all the rubbish ones of recent years...

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do me best :)

I think this one makes up for all the rubbish ones of recent years...
Yes but you had a lot more material to go on with.
Nevertheless mate you did a fine job for us....
Looking forward to next season's already!

Back
Top Bottom