Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2000 Home Fans

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't sure before the weekend what the effect of a few fans being allowed in would make. I watched the West Ham v Man U game and the Wham fans were pretty quiet, applause here and there but not much else so I didnt give it much more thought. On to Sunday and the Spurs v Arsenal game was different, it was during this game and the noise coming from the few fans that started to concern me about our game.

Klopp said it gave them a lift when they came out to warm up and they had that support all game. First game for fans since winning the league too was going to make it a difficult atmosphere for us. I understand these are professional footballers as some will point out, but they haven't played in front of a crowd for 8 months or so and much as it was hard to adjust to that, the adjusting back to fans could be as hard, especially when you are the away team and have no support of your own. Having your every move jeered, the chants of cheat cheat cheat during the penalty incident will have been playing round Coady's head for some time as he isn't that sort of player.

As much as we are all keen to get fans back in I feel it shouldn't of happened until all clubs are allowed some fans, I'm sure we would rather of played that game last night behind closed doors and not let Liverpool have the advantage of their support and intimidation, but it was also a lesson in the new atmosphere we may have for awhile until away fans can also attend. No doubt 2000 in the south bank would of given us a lift for the Villa game, but we have to wait while other clubs get that support now.

I'm not sure if I am over thinking it or if it did make a difference to the game and players mind set during the game, would be interested to see how others see it from last nights perspective and going forward over the next few months.. is it an advantage ?

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What do you do hyperthetically 19 clubs are allowed fans and generate money but one still can’t? Wait and wait?

clubs can safely have fans back in more the better - its positive sign for the sport itself

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you do hyperthetically 19 clubs are allowed fans and generate money but one still can’t? Wait and wait?

clubs can safely have fans back in more the better - its positive sign for the sport itself

I agree, its a difficult situation and as I said we are all eager for fans to get back. I guess I'm more curious to see if there will be a swing back to more home wins now as behind closed doors has seen more away wins. The home advantage is clearly the fans and not just familiar surroundings,pitch and less travel. I find it fascinating the impact of fans on the games, which shows why we are eager to get back and why football is nothing without them.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we all do the right thing over Xmas hopefully most/many areas will drop down into tier 2 so we will be able to get back to Molineux. As the figures fall into the New Year I would hope the Gov't will start to increase the numbers allowed into grounds. I'm interested how Wolves will go about allocating tickets? Anyone on here heard anything? Some sort of ballot?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we all do the right thing over Xmas hopefully most/many areas will drop down into tier 2 so we will be able to get back to Molineux. As the figures fall into the New Year I would hope the Gov't will start to increase the numbers allowed into grounds. I'm interested how Wolves will go about allocating tickets? Anyone on here heard anything? Some sort of ballot?
Apparently you have to have been at Chorley.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might give the players a bit of a boost, but to be honest, I think the sooner we get as many fans in as possible the better. Players want to play in front of a crowd. I bet even the Wolves players were happy to play in front of supporters, even if they weren't there to support them. Is it fair? Probably not. But life ain't fair, and we've just got to get on with it, especially this season.

I would say the Spurs fans sounded the loudest over the weekend. I think that highlights how well their ground was designed.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the vaccine coming out soon and a chance i might get it in a month what stops me going to the football ? i think the more people get it the more clubs will be making the same argument.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what l saw at the weekend - large groups of people, no social distancing, people sharing bottles of water with three or four others, people at high volume planning large scale house parties over Xmas and New Year - l sadly would more expect another lockdown in the new year than more easing. I see that Wales went in three weeks from the end of its "reset" (a lockdown in all but name) to the highest infection rate in UK....

W

wanderer24

You are kidding me right? We are top ten areas in England for infection rates. We’ve never really dropped to a level of safety throughout the whole thing. Other areas close by have seen infection rates drop massively but we are still above 250. Places that went above 400 and beyond us are now around 150 and below. Average about 129. People in Wolverhampton are unable or more to the point unwilling to follow the rules properly. If you want to go to restaurants or watch the football, have a word with the countless morons who think it’s all made up.

D

Deleted member 7041

For Gods sake we don't need 2000 fans back yet. From what I am reading on here they would be greeted with a resounding chorus of boos lol

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
For Gods sake we don't need 2000 fans back yet. From what I am reading on here they would be greeted with a resounding chorus of boos lol
Haha if Jeff read the forum and chose fans accordingly...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season and year is a write off. From stupid rule changes, to the farce of var and then stopping more than 2k people being in a 70k outdoor stadium when 3 stands remain empty. Pathetic one size fits all thoughtless control.
More about the infrastructure, transport and surrounding areas (bars, restaurants) than what the stadium can hold. We all know what Wolverhampton centre is like on a matchday, that kind of congestion can't be risked

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Numbers will rise post Xmas mate, as sure as eggs are eggs.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More about the infrastructure, transport and surrounding areas (bars, restaurants) than what the stadium can hold. We all know what Wolverhampton centre is like on a matchday, that kind of congestion can't be risked
Nonsense. Go no walk down any shopping Center. Nottingham even had an Xmas market.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s clearly, clearly, not the reason we lost yesterday but it’s not fair at all that some clubs have fans and others don’t.

Yes, I know it’s only 2000 so it’s not exactly intimidating for the away side however I can’t help but think, especially after the year we have all had, it must give the hone side a real massive boost to see their fans again. At this level that 0.1% can be the difference between winning and losing.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense. Go no walk down any shopping Center. Nottingham even had an Xmas market.

It didn't last long..

"A council has said it is "very sorry" after a Christmas market in a tier three city had to be shut on the day it opened because of overcrowding.
The market in Nottingham opened on Saturday but was closed eight hours later and will now not reopen."..

W

wanderer24

Nah tiers and lockdowns don’t make a difference I’m afraid. Look how well Wales circuit breaker went. Let me in the stadium!
Thinking it doesn’t work isn’t going to get you in the stadium. Lockdowns do reduce transmission and you’d have to be incredibly stupid not to recognise this. Social distancing, washing and sanitising your hands, will reduce transmission and again you’d have to be pretty stupid to not recognise this. If the people of Wolverhampton followed these simple steps then we’d be in tier one.

W

wanderer24

Here is Cardiff which saw a drop as a result of circuit breaker and had no restrictions after it finished. Surprise surprise it went back up again.

Attachments

• 6F39D479-A9E2-4768-B730-C41892A43CF2.png
    6F39D479-A9E2-4768-B730-C41892A43CF2.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 5
W

wanderer24

Here is Wolverhampton. Went up to about 420 and has not come down nearly as quick as most other places.

Attachments

• 2FB22ADE-867A-4AAB-9BD8-50E5C305FE2E.png
    2FB22ADE-867A-4AAB-9BD8-50E5C305FE2E.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 7
W

wanderer24

Here is Telford, which although went up over 400, came back into tier 2 and will soon be in tier one. They responded to the increase. They can eat out and go to a football match. Similar story all over the midlands bar Dudley in terms of the drop off.

Attachments

• D12AB739-C243-4F4A-9553-0863694D7F8E.png
    D12AB739-C243-4F4A-9553-0863694D7F8E.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 11

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Numbers will rise post Xmas mate, as sure as eggs are eggs.
I was writing that perhaps more in hope than expectation tbh. Having just seen the scenes at the Nottingham Xmas Market which was very scary and as a result of the numbers of people had to be shut down, I tend to think numbers will most probably rise in the New Year.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Thinking it doesn’t work isn’t going to get you in the stadium. Lockdowns do reduce transmission and you’d have to be incredibly stupid not to recognise this. Social distancing, washing and sanitising your hands, will reduce transmission and again you’d have to be pretty stupid to not recognise this. If the people of Wolverhampton followed these simple steps then we’d be in tier one.
You must be pretty stupid if you think continuous lockdowns are the answer. Just weird how Cornwall which is in tier 1 I may add, was over populated throughout the summer with tourists flocking by the thousands has one of the lowest infection rates in the country? Oh yeah I forgot they must of all been social distancing, washing and sanitising their hands constantly. Stupid me ay?! I think 2000 fans in a 31000 open air stadium will be safe enough.

W

wanderer24

You must be pretty stupid if you think continuous lockdowns are the answer. Just weird how Cornwall which is in tier 1 I may add, was over populated throughout the summer with tourists flocking by the thousands has one of the lowest infection rates in the country? Oh yeah I forgot they must of all been social distancing, washing and sanitising their hands constantly. Stupid me ay?! I think 2000 fans in a 31000 open air stadium will be safe enough.
It’s not about what I or you or anyone thinks is the answer. The virus will spread whether you like it or not. You can take simple precautions to reduce the risk. The more people reducing risk in Wolverhampton, the lower our transmission rate and the more chance of any of us getting to watch football any time soon. But if you think it’s safe enough I’m sure they will change the whole tiers on your opinion alone. It will be safe enough when we see infection consistently well below 200. It doesn’t matter whether you like what I’m saying, that’s the reality

Yamalritee

Reaction score
It’s not about what I or you or anyone thinks is the answer. The virus will spread whether you like it or not. You can take simple precautions to reduce the risk. The more people reducing risk in Wolverhampton, the lower our transmission rate and the more chance of any of us getting to watch football any time soon. But if you think it’s safe enough I’m sure they will change the whole tiers on your opinion alone. It will be safe enough when we see infection consistently well below 200. It doesn’t matter whether you like what I’m saying, that’s the reality
‘ the virus will spread whether you like it or not’ But yet it’s the fault of the people in Wolverhampton.

W

wanderer24

‘ the virus will spread whether you like it or not’ But yet it’s the fault of the people in Wolverhampton.

It’s the responsibility of everyone to reduce the spread. In terms of football and wanting to watch Wolves in the stadium then that will only happen if we collectively attempt to reduce transmission. I really couldn’t give a **** to be honest, you make your own choices and live with the consequences. Just don’t whinge on the one hand be prepared to do nothing about it

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rate at which it spreads is determined by people's behaviour. If they behave like prats it will spread faster. It also seems that the virus is optimised to spring/autumn or colder weather (see how most of Africa has got off relatively lightly) which may explain your Cornish observations.

Edited to add:
Backs up what l was saying about what l saw at the weekend (Stratford, not a million miles from the Wet Spam ground, if you are interested)

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it closed after a day because of the number of people.

It is the reason there are 2000, 4000 or zero depending on the tier. It is literally not nonsense, they don't want 10000 extra people descending into a city centre to go to a game cramming buses, bars and streets, even if the stadium can hold it easily

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why not... Trump seems to think it's acceptable.
That is exactly the reason. If it's all the same with you we would rather not copy the world's village idiot and get the corresponding infection/death figures....
I'd rather that we do things sensibly and hopefully end up back at Molineux later this season or the start of next.

D

Deleted member 4099

The only way rates will drop significantly is if people stop getting tested. Until then, the false positives will help ensure we are stuck in this draconian nightmare forever.

this in buckets and spades Ive completely lost faith in people’s ability to think critically , we’re so far down a rabbit hole now I don’t ever see us actually going back to ‘ normal’ I’m afraid.

Back
Top Bottom