Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

1974 Cup Final....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Just watching on YouTube as the Mrs is out; great game and not a sniff of 'back and square' passing....
Worth a watch folks.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to downplay other achievements but 74 was probably most special for me. You make me wanna watch the DVD now.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to 74 final, I was 12 at the time almost 13, also went to the 1980 final but for me my favourite Wembley trip was the 1988 Sherpa van trophy, so many Wolves fans, it told the football World "Wolves were back" in their rightful place. Also we were the last fans to be on the terraces before being converted to seats. Happy days
Also at Wembley with Wolves in the mercantile credit got knocked out by Everton

Last edited:

Egga

Groupie
Reaction score
Wasn't the mercantile credit trophy before the Sherpa van but in the same season. Could be wrong but thought they were in same season

Optimistic Hove Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was there as a 14 year old with the old man. 6 years later we were back. Had hoped we might have been going this year as, at 85, the old man's time could be running out.

Not on topic so apologies but the old man's first game was v Sunderland in the war time cup final in 1942.

D

Deleted member 3518

I went to 74 final, I was 12 at the time almost 13, also went to the 1980 final but for me my favourite Wembley trip was the 1988 Sherpa van trophy, so many Wolves fans, it told the football World "Wolves were back" in their rightful place. Also we were the last fans to be on the terraces before being converted to seats. Happy days

**** off you're not 11 years younger than me, got married in 1974.:(

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. The sherpa van was brilliant - no hangers on just fans

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I was four so not there but great game and to have been there on the day must have been special.
Sherpa Van was unbelievable and Play Offs well....

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't the mercantile credit trophy before the Sherpa van but in the same season. Could be wrong but thought they were in same season
You could be right actually, there was very little time between the thats for sure

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. The sherpa van was brilliant - no hangers on just fans

Ha ha ha yes of course 55k of them

At what point does a hanger on become a fan?

I'd argue many of our huge latent fanbase qualify as both. We should not be so pompous. There are several Wolves fans where I live in London - how many actually go

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're all ******** hanging on. Some of us by our finger nails.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was 15, still at school, got a ticket in the ballot and my Mom wouldn't let me go lol

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like you I was at all three cup finals at Wembley. My favourite though was very much the 1974 final with Hibbitt and Richards goals a joy to behold. Those were the days my friends............................

E

Essex Wolf

Thinking back mate I can see your point re the SV final. Fantastic support and day out as well. And re that game V Everton, as I recall Dennison scored a screamer.

R

reanswolf

I loved all 4 finals - and our support was just immense at each one, to be fair the man City game was probably the best game and goals from 2 heroes in Hibbitt and Richards. But the 1-0 v Forest was equally immense considering the Forest team we beat. The Sherpa Van was immense as it was the rebirth of Wolves but although a 2-0 win a bit of an anti-climax on the pitch. The Play-Off Final was certainly as immense an occasion as any of the other 4 and I loved the Millenium Stadium - what an atmosphere, what it meant to Wolves fans etc.

So I genuinely cannot separate the 4 occasions -all wonderful in their own way.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a bit young (5yrs) so I wasn't there. Weirdly though, and I don't know if I imagined this, but I am sure some years later a mate had an viny LP of the commentary.

Back
Top Bottom