Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

15th March 1980

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I well remember the 1980 League Cup Final. Wolves were the underdogs against Nottingham Forest, the League Cup holders and reigning European champions. But Wolves were victorious thanks to an Andy Gray tap in after a mix up in the Forest defence.

What a great day that was.

el gringo

Reaction score
I was there. I was at University of Sheffield and my mate who was at Luton College got us tickets. I think I must have hitched down from Sheffield to Luton, but certainly we hitched from Luton to London on the day - I do remember that. And the goal went in right in front of us.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only downside for me and my three friends was that the only tickets we could get were in the Forest end behind the goal. Trying to contain ourselves when Andy Gray scored wasn’t easy, but wise!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 1959 I saw us win a 3rd League Championship in the space of six seasons. I was 10 then. Never thought I would never see another League Championship. I'm 74 now!

I saw my first game in 1963, and I still recall what my Dad told me at the time. He said the Wolves team of the ‘50’s was as good a team as he had seen. He also said that Peter Broadbent was one of the finest footballers in the country. High praise indeed, particularly when you bear in mind that my Father was a lifelong Manchester City fan.

Sorry for going off topic.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The excitement sent my mom into labour. Nigh on 43 years later here I am.

It was snowing that week apparently, or so my mom tells me.

What I would give for a major cup win in my lifetime.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The excitement sent my mom into labour. Nigh on 43 years later here I am.

It was snowing that week apparently, or so my mom tells me.

What I would give for a major cup win in my lifetime.
Will you give birth with the excitement though???

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 1959 I saw us win a 3rd League Championship in the space of six seasons. I was 10 then. Never thought I would never see another League Championship. I'm 74 now!
Saw a few of the games too aged 8, dad had a ST next to Directors' Box.

Back
Top Bottom