Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

14 games each - Lambert vs Zenga

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mr Paul Lambert:

P14 W5 D3 L6 GF19 GA20 GD -1
Win % 35.7

Mr Walter Zenga:

P14 W4 D4 L6 GF16 GA17 GD -1
Win % 28.57

That extra win for Lambert giving his win % an undeserved veneer.

FA Cup massively papering over the cracks. Taxi for Lambert.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Neither had a pre-season to really work out our best combinations and try things out so have had to as the season progresses.

Lambert should be given until this time next year at least before a proper judgment can be formed. I think he'll turn it around.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

I'm hoping that 'the rest of the season starts here' now the Newcastle match and ****ty refereeing is out of the way. A good run of form with some heavy investment in the Summer will set us up for a great season to come.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert doesn't help himself with his over enthusiastic rhetoric of how bad things were till he got here nor with this unrealistic performance appraisals. Just keep yower yed down our Paul and let yower team to the talking. Er.....

W

we8wba

Nonsense. Keep changing head coaches??? Lambert inherited an average squad. Give him time to sort it.

But he has the next Ronaldo at his hands
Dangerous dave the Welsh lampard
Dicko the destroyer who we all love
Is the squad that bad?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FA Cup definitely papering over cracks, but not because we just lost a game that we probably didn't deserve to against the league leaders.

We were a poor team when Lambert came in and we're a poor team now.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am trolling a touch with the 'taxi for Lambert' part, obviously.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I was on cloud 9 a couple of weeks ago. Getting a bit worried now about some of Lambert's decisions and tactics. Hopefully he is capable of sorting it out again.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zenga had a bit of a bounce early on but left a complete shambles and it is taking Lambert a while to turn things round. Add a decent striker and I am confident Lambert will have us challenging next season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zenga had a bit of a bounce early on but left a complete shambles and it is taking Lambert a while to turn things round. Add a decent striker and I am confident Lambert will have us challenging next season.
We need much more than a decent striker to be challenging imo. Striker, central midfielder and central defender absolute minimum.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need much more than a decent striker to be challenging imo. Striker, central midfielder and central defender absolute minimum.

Agree. I think if we had Grant Hanley next to Hause, a playmaker with some quality on the ball and a potent striker that can hold up play we'd look a much better side.

S

ShropshireLad

Mr Paul Lambert:

Win % 35.7

Mr Walter Zenga:

Win % 28.57

Disagree. We're playing much better football and have had some dreadful luck with refs although Zenga had a bit of bad luck as well.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Mr Paul Lambert:

Win % 35.7

Mr Walter Zenga:

Win % 28.57

Did we lose today?
Bloody stupid thread
And I loved Zenga

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the football today was atrocious. Clueless hoofs down the pitch and midfield having no outlets made for them. Dicko and Bod constantly got in each other's way
Frankly. It was embarrassing and no better than what Zenga offered
Lambert is living if the FA Cup run that ends in 7 days time

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think PL is going to get it right but it will take at least the summer window which he has reiterated time and again is the big one. Minimum requirement 2 CB's take 1 as long as they of the right quality and we sign Stearman to interchange him and Hause alongside new CB. At least 1 probably 2 CM's with championship nous. Clayton and Butterfiekd please or of their like Sam Gallagher Perm and Tammy Abraham on Loan only cos I don't think Chelski will let us buy him next season. Start that conversation next Saturday. A few will leave and we also have Bright and Ronan coming on and developing don't think we would be far away from Top 6. If something like this don't happen then I will begin to question. Before then it's about getting the summer still in this division. I think we will. I know its frustrating but let's stay positive it's a journey and I wanna take part. Am enjoying this season more than last and we didn't flirt with relegation last season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They should have added a decent striker in January. Joke they didn't. Very poor management when there is an obvious weakness in your team so you try to fix it by signing an unfit player in a position you dont really need urgently you could have got for free in the summer.

Ive been saying it for a while, but those cup wins masked a lot and gave us a feel good factor that gave us a bit of hope. I fell for it to a point I'm sad to say. We have been bang average, we need some wins now.

S

ShropshireLad

I thought the football today was atrocious. Clueless hoofs down the pitch and midfield having no outlets made for them. Dicko and Bod constantly got in each other's way
You and me were watching a different game.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately I largely agree. I'm not for sacking him or anything close but Lambert has rubbed me up the wrong way by telling us all how much better he has made it when in fact, the performances in the league have generally been much the same.

D

Deleted member 3573J

He'd help himself if he stuck with a 11 for a while, as who's starting the next game? May as well pick names out a hat for 6 or 7 positions.

You put Jack Price in, you put Jack Price out, in Hause, out Hause and shake it all about.
Let's do the Paulie Lambert and pick a team out of Jeff Shi's lucky hat
Ohhhh the Paulie Lambert
Ohhhh the Paulie Lambert

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree. We're playing much better football and have had some dreadful luck with refs although Zenga had a bit of bad luck as well.
Blaming the refs is always an easy excuse when your team is ****. I did think we were playing better football until recently but if Lambert continues with the hoof ball to Dicko then he will lose the support of most of the fans.

B

Bullywolf

Well hopefully it can be a building plan for next season, Lambert hasn't been here long. Rome wasn't built in a day

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr Paul Lambert:

Win % 35.7

Mr Walter Zenga:

Win % 28.57

Taxi for you and your stupid post.
The club needs everyone to pull together, survive the season and start afresh in the Summer - with PL as manager.
Posts like yours do not help!

K

KingOfMilwaukee

Zenga has one extra draw, so in 14 matches Lambert has 2 extra table points.

The difference is just one point every 7 matches. And their goal differential is the same.

Goes to show what studies have shown all along... managers really don't make a big difference. Players do. And the best gauge of player quality is your wage bill.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The statistics here are raw and revealing. The results are very similar between Zenga and Lambert differing only in two excellent cup wins against Stoke and Liverpool (AWAY) which muddy the waters somewhat in Lambert's favour. Lambert has also had the advantage of the foreign players having had more time to bed in. Both have had refereeing decisions result in loss of points.

The first area where there is a difference is in the perceived support from the insitu coaching staff. There were rumours of a disconnect between Zenga's team and the backroom staff. That could be for many reasons including a clash between approaches, training methods and squads selected. Rob Edwards team selections inferred this. Saiss was dumped and is being dumped again by Lambert.

Zenga was accused of rotating too much and not allowing a settled team to develop. Lambert is doing exactly the same.

Zenga played Edwards in midfield, Lambert is doing exactly the same.

Zenga had two home wins Lambert has had two home wins. (Must be the South Bank then)

In summary nothing has changed. In reality there has been no improvement since Lambert has arrived at any level. I forecasted Lambert would be gone by February, it is still February.

We are in a run of five home games this month the first of which we have lost. We now play:
Wigan - struggling to avoid relegation and finding some form
Chelsea - enough said
Birmingham - local derby
Huddersfield - third and flying

That run ends on 28th February, interesting. Those of you who keep chirping in Lambert we trust need to start developing critical thought.
he is not in any way moving us forwards and could very easily take us back down.

D

Deleted member 4594

The statistics here are raw and revealing. The results are very similar between Zenga and Lambert differing only in two excellent cup wins against Stoke and Liverpool (AWAY) which muddy the waters somewhat in Lambert's favour. Lambert has also had the advantage of the foreign players having had more time to bed in. Both have had refereeing decisions result in loss of points.

The first area where there is a difference is in the perceived support from the insitu coaching staff. There were rumours of a disconnect between Zenga's team and the backroom staff. That could be for many reasons including a clash between approaches, training methods and squads selected. Rob Edwards team selections inferred this. Saiss was dumped and is being dumped again by Lambert.

Zenga was accused of rotating too much and not allowing a settled team to develop. Lambert is doing exactly the same.

Zenga played Edwards in midfield, Lambert is doing exactly the same.

Zenga had two home wins Lambert has had two home wins. (Must be the South Bank then)

In summary nothing has changed. In reality there has been no improvement since Lambert has arrived at any level. I forecasted Lambert would be gone by February, it is still February.

We are in a run of five home games this month the first of which we have lost. We now play:
Wigan - struggling to avoid relegation and finding some form
Chelsea - enough said
Birmingham - local derby
Huddersfield - third and flying

That run ends on 28th February, interesting. Those of you who keep chirping in Lambert we trust need to start developing critical thought.
he is not in any way moving us forwards and could very easily take us back down.
Worryingly I agree with everything you've put! Tuesday has become massive.

S

ShropshireLad

Blaming the refs is always an easy excuse when your team is ****. I did think we were playing better football until recently but if Lambert continues with the hoof ball to Dicko then he will lose the support of most of the fans.
Dicko certainly doesn't deserve a place in the team but with Mason injured the only alternative is Bod and he isn't a natural No 9. Weimann can play across the front and although I haven't been impressed with him bar the game v Liverpool, perhaps it might be time to give him a chance there. Not buying a striker or getting someone in on loan was, as we all know, remiss.

Our defence was actually good and our midfield wasn't at all bad. I don't know why Price went off as I had to watch the match in the pub with the sound off due to the rugby being on and me being the only one there watching the football on the smaller TV.

I don't believe we played ****. Toon's defence was good and their star players did sweet FA to trouble us. We played a dirty team in the first half who had the ref on their side and that's the way I saw it. Wasn't it an offside goal? As I said I had no sound to hear what the comms and pundits said.

Edit. Just seen that Price (there have been moans about him being taken off) had double vision at half time - no wonder his passing was wayward.

Last edited by a moderator:

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yesterday's match was an awful one to watch but felt we more than matched Newcastle. However the Burton and Norwich matches recently are far more concerning as a barometer of Lambert's progression. Just think both would rank towards the worst performances of both tenures this season. I can accept one bad day at the office but as we get more and more Burton like performances against teams we should be beating by virtue of their form or position in the table, I question more and more whether there is any progression!

S

ShropshireLad

Yesterday's match was an awful one to watch but felt we more than matched Newcastle. However the Burton and Norwich matches recently are far more concerning as a barometer of Lambert's progression. Just think both would rank towards the worst performances of both tenures this season. I can accept one bad day at the office but as we get more and more Burton like performances against teams we should be beating by virtue of their form or position in the table, I question more and more whether there is any progression!
I won't harp on about this as I've said it a few times. I was the only one watching the game in the pub so didn't discuss it with anyone and I had the volume turned off due to the rugby and from what I saw I actually enjoyed our football. I also didn't think it was a bad game although Toon were filthy in the first half.

Had that been a 0-0 draw, as it should have been from how I saw it, I would have been happy about the outcome and I think there wouldn't have been so many moans about the performance on here.

Just my opinion.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither had a pre-season to really work out our best combinations and try things out so have had to as the season progresses.

Lambert should be given until this time next year at least before a proper judgment can be formed. I think he'll turn it around.
I agree 100% Tring.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's changed?

Lambert has no style of play at all
The team has no balance
We was dire against Newcastle

Lose to Wigan Loopy Lambert needs to be looking in the mirror

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first area where there is a difference is in the perceived support from the insitu coaching staff. There were rumours of a disconnect between Zenga's team and the backroom staff.
Bit difficult to connect with your manager when he keeps ****ing off to Dubai. The bloke didn't even go to reserve games, he was a clown who was found out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom