Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£350 to watch league 1 football behind the goals....

W

wolvesultra

That's considerably cheaper than most others. Non league clubs charge that

in all fairness looking at a few other clubs figures for season tickets (Walsall, Sheff Utd and Shrewsbury) £350 would be about right (Shrewsburys start from £400 for adults!!!!!)

Leads me to a bit of a rethink and I'd say on this occasion (if these leaked figures are true) compared to other clubs Wolves are quite fair.

That doesn't mean i agree with those disgraceful prices though just makes me realise the shocking hiking up of ticket prices has spread further than the gree league some may have thought. £15-£20 for 3rd Division football should bee seen as an absolute joke (its not as comparitively its not bad but just because everyones getting ripped off should mean you should accept it)

306NOTOUT

I can see why they don't want to reduce the tickets too much.

£350 for a season ticket works out at £15 a game. Charge the walk ups £22 a game + £1.50 for each ticket and if we are top of the league the club are actually better off selling tickets per game than by a season ticket.

Very cleaver Mr Moxey.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It needs to be £15 walk up on the day and pay cash not stand at the ticket office for 45 mins to buy a ticket to then use it to go straight in the ground.

Absolutely! I'm unlikely to get a ST and if there are no cash turnstiles I'll be less likely to bother attending.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most other clubs haven't had 2 years as catastrophic as ours and a chairman who has made as many poor decisions as ours, they need to take this into account, just how cheesed off fans are with them.

Comparing us to Shrewsbury/Walsall etc isn't comparing apples with apples.

All I'll say is if it's a £50 rebate and £350 upwards for anyone renewing now then most games will be less than 50% full next season.

W

wolvesultra

Most other clubs haven't had 2 years as catastrophic as ours and a chairman who has made as many poor decisions as ours, they need to take this into account, just how cheesed off fans are with them.

All I'll say is if it's a £50 rebate and £350 upwards for anyone renewing now then most games will be less than 50% full next season.

fair point that

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not going to be paying more than £20 (which should be including any Ryanair style ticket add-ons booking fees) for my pay on the day ticket. £20 is about right.

The ground will be like a morgue anyway cos it'll be half empty, so the matchday atmosphere won't entice me much.

Playing in a lower division, against not very glamourous clubs (no offence).

Our bigger 'star' players on big wages will have moved on, so won't need to be paying their ridiculous wages. Only wage we'll be paying is the Fat Controller's. How can the Tescos and Villa be charging less, it's a $$$$ing scandal. It's a bloody $$$$ take, and as much as I will want to go I might be tempted to pay a £10 and go to a local non-league game where I can roll up on the day and drink in the stand! Rant over.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NOthing succeeds like success. If we are winning crowds will improve to around 20k perhaps more, irrespective of the walk up being £15 or £20. If we struggle they won't turn up at £10.

W

wolvesultra

NOthing succeeds like success. If we are winning crowds will improve to around 20k perhaps more, irrespective of the walk up being £15 or £20. If we struggle they won't turn up at £10.

yes that is correct for the majority of the 'walk up' crowd but pricing is more important to people who would go regardless of how they are playing who are being priced out

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Borussia Dortmund and other European top clubs charge half what we and other league 1 clubs charge?
Is this part of rip-off Britain (not to go all Daily Mail on this!) or is this a football-specific problem i.e the fault of player's wages and therefore club's costs at the top rippling down the leagues???

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£20 anywhere in the ground, pay on the door, that would work for me.

It really doesn't matter though because unless they put prices at £10 and season tickets at £200 people will still moan.

If we are winning and top of the league by miles by Christmas I still think we would struggle to get over 22,000, regardless of the price.

League 1 football is not attractive to a lot of people

hoop

Reaction score
in all fairness looking at a few other clubs figures for season tickets (Walsall, Sheff Utd and Shrewsbury) £350 would be about right (Shrewsburys start from £400 for adults!!!!!)

Leads me to a bit of a rethink and I'd say on this occasion (if these leaked figures are true) compared to other clubs Wolves are quite fair.

That doesn't mean i agree with those disgraceful prices though just makes me realise the shocking hiking up of ticket prices has spread further than the gree league some may have thought. £15-£20 for 3rd Division football should bee seen as an absolute joke (its not as comparitively its not bad but just because everyones getting ripped off should mean you should accept it)

And this years take up of the early bird offer from Shrewsbury...2159!!!

LINK

Regular Prices

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a link to every football clubs season ticket prices (cheapest and most expensive) and match day tickets (again cheapest and most expensive).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

As you can see £350 would put us as second highest based on last years prices as Bournemouth have been promoted. If Shrewsbury and Walsall can offer STs under £300 there's no reason why we can't with our spare capacity, we are competing with Walsall next season and our season ticket prices should do the same.

(Ps I don't think these prices take into account early bird offers)

I'm pretty sure Walsall also give the give the kids money back for every game they attend and if they attend them all they get all their money bac.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Borussia Dortmund and other European top clubs charge half what we and other league 1 clubs charge?
Is this part of rip-off Britain (not to go all Daily Mail on this!) or is this a football-specific problem i.e the fault of player's wages and therefore club's costs at the top rippling down the leagues???

In Germany, fans are not seen as 'customers' but an integral part of the 'product'.

Most clubs have fan ownership and fan representation. Clubs are viewed as part of the 'culture' of the city/town/country.

Hence, better gates, better and more 'organic' crowds and far, far cheaper prices and benefits. There are other benefits including free away travel etc. Some of this travel I believe is subsidised by the state.

Our club is a very good example of what happens when freefall begins, average players are on ludicrous money and the huge amounts coming into the game have been creamed off by the few, at the expense of the many. Remember Jeff and his ludicrous 30 odd quid to sit on a building site in the GL? All while he claimed his million pound 'bonus'.

Now the money is drying up the fans money is more important than ever, but the club find themselves in a bit of a quandry. They can't ask fans to pay over the odds for such abysmal failure, there is a lack of money to feed the monster, and hey presto, club suffers, fans suffer, city suffers, area suffers,

Best League in the world. Ludicrous.

The game in this country has been hijacked my forum friend. Our club with its incompetent 'owner' and one of the 'best in the business' CEO have just made this particular club and the scenario in football hugely worse.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would they consult. They have made it clear they are running a business. They write their business plan and set their prices accordingly. If you want to buy at the asking price you will, if you don't you won't. Whether you agree or not, it's just the way business is. Do Hotpoint ask you what you want to pay for your washing machine?

So, around £15 per ticket. Fair price really IMO.

Maybe that is part of the problem. Failure to consult has lead to league 1 football, disenchanted fan base, hatred towards the board.......

Righting the wrongs of how the club is run is one of the only good things that could come out of the mess we are in.

I think a proper consultation with fans, particularly some of the 6000 that did not renew is exactly what the club should be doing.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Germany, fans are not seen as 'customers' but an integral part of the 'product'.

Most clubs have fan ownership and fan representation. Clubs are viewed as part of the 'culture' of the city/town/country.

Hence, better gates, better and more 'organic' crowds and far, far cheaper prices and benefits. There are other benefits including free away travel etc. Some of this travel I believe is subsidised by the state.

Our club is a very good example of what happens when freefall begins, average players are on ludicrous money and the huge amounts coming into the game have been creamed off by the few, at the expense of the many. Remember Jeff and his ludicrous 30 odd quid to sit on a building site in the GL? All while he claimed his million pound 'bonus'.

Now the money is drying up the fans money is more important than ever, but the club find themselves in a bit of a quandry. They can't ask fans to pay over the odds for such abysmal failure, there is a lack of money to feed the monster, and hey presto, club suffers, fans suffer, city suffers, area suffers,

Best League in the world. Ludicrous.

The game in this country has been hijacked my forum friend. Our club with its incompetent 'owner' and one of the 'best in the business' CEO have just made this particular club and the scenario in football hugely worse.
Can I change my vote for poster of the year?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IMO the people of England are getting what they deserve for being apathetic on most social issues and I consider football a social issue. If someone doesn't do it for them they can't be *****. how many complained to ITV about their coverage of Mr Whelan.

As you rightly say it's Rip-off England in everything we buy.

Why would they consult. They have made it clear they are running a business. They write their business plan and set their prices accordingly. If you want to buy at the asking price you will, if you don't you won't. Whether you agree or not, it's just the way business is. Do Hotpoint ask you what you want to pay for your washing machine?

I've tried googling the Hotpoint Supporters club but can't find one:rolleyes:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The only trouble with that is if your Hotpoint washing machine had been no good for 2 years. Would you go and buy another at the same price?

306NOTOUT

IMO the people of England are getting what they deserve for being apathetic on most social issues and I consider football a social issue. If someone doesn't do it for them they can't be *****. how many complained to ITV about their coverage of Mr Whelan.

As you rightly say it's Rip-off England in everything we buy.

I've tried googling the Hotpoint Supporters club but can't find one:rolleyes:

They didn't think "supporters" club was the right phrase so they went for "Social" and then they had a fall out so a few left and started the "recreation" club

B

barmouth baggie

Im not going to be paying more than £20 (which should be including any Ryanair style ticket add-ons booking fees) for my pay on the day ticket. £20 is about right.

The ground will be like a morgue anyway cos it'll be half empty, so the matchday atmosphere won't entice me much.

Playing in a lower division, against not very glamourous clubs (no offence).

Our bigger 'star' players on big wages will have moved on, so won't need to be paying their ridiculous wages. Only wage we'll be paying is the Fat Controller's. How can the Tescos and Villa be charging less, it's a $$$$ing scandal. It's a bloody $$$$ take, and as much as I will want to go I might be tempted to pay a £10 and go to a local non-league game where I can roll up on the day and drink in the stand! Rant over.

because us and villa will be subsidised to the tune of £60 million courtesy of sky,it gives them scope to keep prices down. sad but thats the what the greed league can allow clubs to do.

N

NorfolkWolf

Dortmund charge €187 euros for their "Yellow Wall" terrace which holds 25,000 standing fans.

...and yes, rip off Britain. Too much money in football in the UK for the top leagues that they don't care about the fans. The more money they get from sky, all they seem to do is give the players more money for the same job.

...but, on the other side of the coin, and if you take this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397 into account, we've watched Premier League football for only £20 based on our cheapest season ticket.

If you look at Norwich, Reading and Southampton, clubs who are similar to us in regards to being in the Premier league only recently again, we are cheaper than 2 of them.

What would you do if the club said any saving's next season will be added onto the price of your season ticket the first year back in the Premier league? Considering we have saved money whilst purchasing the early bird when we were a premier league club.

306NOTOUT

Thats not completely true though Baggie.

Your will have a Turnover of around £60m but your wage bill will be around £50m.

We will clear out hopefully the likes of O'Hara, Johnson, Doyle, Hunt etc to cut the wage bill back even more so the wage bill will be alot lot lower than your £50m.

We will have the parachute money coming for £16m and most of the players were already on a 40% pay cut when relegated from the Premier league. Our wage bill was around £45m back then so there is no reason why it wont be down to around £15m next season.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect to Erick, but it says a lot about the Mix that he's got as many votes as he does. BNW should receive far more votes than he's got. Travesty.

Seconded.

loopy lupine

Reaction score

Why? We're in the same division as them, playing the same teams, at the same grounds, and, more importantly, have to fit in the the same financial restrictions as them with regards the fair play policy. It's no good comparing us with Wet Bum or Villa.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect to Erick, but it says a lot about the Mix that he's got as many votes as he does. BNW should receive far more votes than he's got. Travesty.

Seconded.

I fully agree. But that's the mix for you. You must play nicely. Now of course if you two had nominated me onto the shortlist I could have offered to meet up with everyone and threatened them with violence to secure their vote. No harm in that is there?

B

barmouth baggie

OK but that still means our wage bill will be alot lower?

i just cannot see how a club the size of wolves will or can operate with a £15 million wage bill,moxey alone takes 5% of that figure,what happens if you cannot move the big earners out the club,wolves have to honour the contracts and wages these players signed up on,its a lot easier said than done,regarding ticket prices its always more difficult for clubs who have been in the prem then fall out of it to set a reasonable price,we cal all live on an higher income but most find it difficult when our income takes a massive drop,which is what wolves are trying to balance,wouldnt fancy the task myself its difficult trying to keep supporters happy and making sure the income keeps the club viable.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i just cannot see how a club the size of wolves will or can operate with a £15 million wage bill,moxey alone takes 5% of that figure,what happens if you cannot move the big earners out the club,wolves have to honour the contracts and wages these players signed up on,its a lot easier said than done,regarding ticket prices its always more difficult for clubs who have been in the prem then fall out of it to set a reasonable price,we cal all live on an higher income but most find it difficult when our income takes a massive drop,which is what wolves are trying to balance,wouldnt fancy the task myself its difficult trying to keep supporters happy and making sure the income keeps the club viable.

When we were in the prem it was 528 for a new season ticket holder which is a lot more expensive than what u or villa pay , truth of the matter is west brom and villa value their fan base more than wolves do and that's not likely to change any time soon

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we were in the prem it was 528 for a new season ticket holder which is a lot more expensive than what u or villa pay , truth of the matter is west brom and villa value their fan base more than wolves do and that's not likely to change any time soon

Fair comment that is. Time Fat Boy woke up and smelt the coffee.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£15 a game is less than I would pay to watch Lincoln City in the Blue Square Conference...

P

Penk Wolf

Just for comparison:

epabysy8.jpg

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And we'll lose a generation of fans, especially due to the fact that Wolverhampton/ Telford/ Bilston aren't doing very well in the long recession.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that teenagers who haven't got family who support either of WBA, Villa or Wolves will choose the 2 clubs who are playing Prem football at cheaper prices. We're going to end up with a ground full of granddads!!

£528 for top flight football is around twice as much as Germany, that's insane! We really do bend over and take it in this country, hopefully thing like Against Modern Football get enough followers.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a stupid post by Peskywatshisface. Grandads rule OK!!

B

barmouth baggie

i honestly think villa,blues and albion fans walk away from football in bigger numbers than wolves do, youve consistantly had a regular number of attendances at molineux,maybe the club plays on the loyalty your supporters have shown,by the way its not always been cheap up the albion,the last season ticket i bought was in 2006 and i paid £460.

Back
Top Bottom