Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£50 million credit window….

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Right…so supposedly part of the Fosun strategy is to be £50 million in credit from the summer business. Surely this was part of the reason we brought in Garagaza with his eye for a bargain?… Lots of work to be done but it is doable if we crack on.

Here’s my attempts and have tried to keep it realistic with Transfermarket value in brackets next to them.

Release:
Costa
Traore
Moutinho
(Saving on some big wages)

Sell:
Neves - £30 million
Sa - £10 million (rated £18m)
Jonny - £5 million (rated £17m)
Ait Nouri - £15 m (rated £22m)
Jimenez - £5 million (rated £9m)
Hwang - £15 million (rated £12m)
Podence - £10 million (rated £20m)
Neto - £20 million (rated £32m)
Coady - £4.5 million (rated £18m)
Sarkic - £1.5 million (rated £2m)
Sanderson - £2 million (rated £3m)
Giles - £10 million (rated £7m)
Hoever - £5 million (rated £4m)
Jordao - £1 million (rated £1.6m)
Kawabe - £1 million (rated £2m)
Bolla - £2 million (rated £1.9m)

Total Sales - £132 million plus massive wage budget savings too.

Loan:

Hodge
Guedes
Mosquera
Lonwijk
Lembikisa
Cundle
Corbeanu

Signings:

GK - Herrara - £10 million (rated £8m)
CB - Mavropanos - £20 million (rated £15m)
RB - Dodo - £15 million (rated £17m)
CM - Scott - £20 million (rated £15m)
CF - Gyokeres - £15 million (rated £8m)
LM - Diaz - Free

Leaving:

GK - Herrera/Bentley
RB - Semedo/Dodo
LB - Bueno/Toti
CB - Dawson/Mavropanos/Kilman/Collins
RM - Nunes/Chiquinho
CM - Gomes/Lemina/Scott/Traore
LM - Sarabia/Diaz
CF - Fabio/Kalajdzic/Cunha/Gyokeres.

Above to be supplemented by 2 or 3 loan signings maybe to top up the wide areas or some Garagaza specials but that squad looks decent to me and should give JL a good crack at it. Get to work gents!;-)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right…so supposedly part of the Fosun strategy is to be £50 million in credit from the summer business. Surely this was part of the reason we brought in Garagaza with his eye for a bargain?… Lots of work to be done but it is doable if we crack on.

Here’s my attempts and have tried to keep it realistic with Transfermarket value in brackets next to them.

Release:
Costa
Traore
Moutinho

Sell:
Neves - £30 million

Loan:

Hodge
Guedes
Mosquera
Lonwijk
Lembikisa
Cundle
Corbeanu

Signings:

LM - Diaz - Free

Leaving:

GK - Herrera/Bentley
RB - Semedo/Dodo
LB - Bueno/Toti
RM - Nunes/Chiquinho
LM - Sarabia/Diaz

Above to be supplemented by 2 or 3 loan signings maybe to top up the wide areas or some Garagaza specials but that squad looks decent to me and should give JL a good crack at it. Get to work gents!;-)

Nice work. That’s a lot of business to get done, and even if successfully completed, it will likely take all summer to finish. What the club needs to do is have a little faith in the process so that targets can be secured while the sales are progressing, rather than wait for the credit to be reached and then sufficient further sales to fund the signings.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Absolutely buddy…it’s definitely doable and think I’ve been a bit generous to the buying clubs on some of the values but tried to keep it realistic. Like you say it will be a long process but it’s achievable and not just that it’s necessary for us to move forward as a team. Down to you Jeff, Hobbs and Garagaza!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell collins and use Lonwijk or Sanderson money to be made

Ukrainian CB available for around €19m experienced too Mykola Matvienko just turned 27

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diaz the one at Blackburn who signed a pre-contract with Villareal? Also not sure about Dodo, he’s the same height as Podence!

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Sell collins and use Lonwijk or Sanderson money to be made
Another option mate…lots of options available. The talk is they already have 5 signings good to go so the leg work is done…just gotta crack on and make it happen. JL did it at Sevilla so should have even more motivation to do the same here being in the Premier League.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another option mate…lots of options available. The talk is they already have 5 signings good to go so the leg work is done…just gotta crack on and make it happen. JL did it at Sevilla so should have even more motivation to do the same here being in the Premier League.
If we aren’t flush with cash anymore use the kids they will grow in value. It’s not like they are rubbish to do well at champ clubs the gap isn’t that big anymore maddison came from cov, vardy fleetwood it’s about creating opportunities for players who want to showcase their talents. Hunger, determination and motivation are key. We want players that work hard

Dodo is nowhere near PL level his tiny. Better off going for someone physical who can attack Sanderson or Bolla are worth trying out?? Can’t say they aren’t ready they’ve played enough games elsewhere.

Timber swap for Fabio Silva?? Can play RB or CB

Singo off Torino is decent also

Wan-Bissaka?

Dest from Barca would be the most realistic RB even if it means giving them back Semedo….

Last edited:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Diaz the one at Blackburn who signed a pre-contract with Villareal? Also not sure about Dodo, he’s the same height as Podence!
Sorry mate my bad….meant Mariano Diaz from Real on a free who we’ve been linked with. Dodo May be short but getting rave reviews in Serie A which is rapidly becoming competitive again. Tripper not exactly Peter Crouch but been a massive signing for the Toon.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 signings good to go ! we've never heard that before ! simply isn't the Wolves way.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
If we aren’t flush with cash anymore use the kids they will grow in value. It’s not like they are rubbish to do well at champ clubs the gap isn’t that big anymore maddison came from cov, vardy fleetwood it’s about creating opportunities for players who want to showcase their talents. Hunger, determination and motivation are key. We want players that work hard
They definitely have quality…it’s just how much quality and is it enough for JL’s ambitions? Think Giles and Sanderson would fetch decent amounts at present and would help towards the £50 million credit needed…like I said there are lots of options…just wanted to try and show it’s doable:)

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
5 signings good to go ! we've never heard that before ! simply isn't the Wolves way.
Lol! I know mate…not saying it’s true just pretty sure I read it somewhere:) Apparently Hobbs etc have been working hard for the last 5/6 months so you’d like to think some may be good to go.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They definitely have quality…it’s just how much quality and is it enough for JL’s ambitions? Think Giles and Sanderson would fetch decent amounts at present and would help towards the £50 million credit needed…like I said there are lots of options…just wanted to try and show it’s doable:)
Depends what JL wants to do if they are sold add buy back clause for double what was paid?? It would be sensible & the likes of Barca and Madrid do it…

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Release:
Costa
Traore
Moutinho

Sell:
Neves - £30 million

Loan:

Hodge
Guedes
Mosquera
Lonwijk
Lembikisa
Cundle
Corbeanu

Signings:

LM - Diaz - Free

Leaving:

GK - Herrera/Bentley
RB - Semedo/Dodo
LB - Bueno/Toti
RM - Nunes/Chiquinho
LM - Sarabia/Diaz

Interesting post, I already reckon you're more qualified than Jeff Shi

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
How many home grown does that leave us with? 6/7?
More foreign players who need time to settle?
Releasing out of contract players is the easy bit, not sure we’d get many takers for half those players. Getting rid of 12 regulars is a big risk, trying not to be negative, there are bargains out there and maybe taking some youngsters off bigger teams who’d want game time might be an option, big fire sale at United and Chelsea, 3 relegated teams all have some talent that would want premier football.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will improve massively as opposed to Kilman who is simply hopeless and getting worse.
Both ain’t good enough really are they can’t carry players who might come good in 2/3 years we want form players and players with optimal potential like the ones we’ve loaned out? Collins just is mistake waiting to happen every single game

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score

Release:
Costa
Traore
Moutinho

Sell:
Neves - £30 million

Loan:

Hodge
Guedes
Mosquera
Lonwijk
Lembikisa
Cundle
Corbeanu

Signings:

LM - Diaz - Free

Leaving:

GK - Herrera/Bentley
RB - Semedo/Dodo
LB - Bueno/Toti
RM - Nunes/Chiquinho
LM - Sarabia/Diaz

Like what you’ve done here. My main concern is lack of quality and PL experience at LM and RM. Not much PL experience up front, but hopefully there’s enough quality there for something to come good.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd imagine that there's some kind of big alarm clock thingy that goes off as soon as the transfer window is open. Then the recruitment team spring into action checking FIFA 23 for the latest talent and checking their ratings before searching their social media profiles to make contact. Then it's checked with Jorge Mendes to see if his special discount applies (a bit like Clubcard prices).

No point wasting time checking out players months in advance is there?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like it. Not impossible but needs a lot of work.

What I’m also wondering is whether JL would like to spend more and could spend more due to amortisation (albeit buggers us up a little in future windows).

So if sell £130m shown above probably £110m+ profit vs amortised value. Could easily spend £120m which spread over 4 years at £30m each year gives a £80m gain this year. Problem is next few years we have a £80m loss (assuming carrying £50m pa from this year’s splurge) and so need to sell someone big to stand still. However JLo wants his cake now not to wait.

Real risk is we (re)invest big again this Summer and players don’t deliver/resale is worth little and then we’re really stitched post JLo.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd imagine that there's some kind of big alarm clock thingy that goes off as soon as the transfer window is open. Then the recruitment team spring into action checking FIFA 23 for the latest talent and checking their ratings before searching their social media profiles to make contact. Then it's checked with Jorge Mendes to see if his special discount applies (a bit like Clubcard prices).

No point wasting time checking out players months in advance is there?
How do you reconcile that with the statements that we have five targets in mind, but need to work the finances to go for them?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate my bad….meant Mariano Diaz from Real on a free who we’ve been linked with. Dodo May be short but getting rave reviews in Serie A which is rapidly becoming competitive again. Tripper not exactly Peter Crouch but been a massive signing for the Toon.
Oh sorry! Not a bad shout but I do question him given lack of football over the last five or so years if he can get back to levels he showed at Lyon. I wouldn’t mind as a low risk gamble for depth but I imagine he’ll want decent wages…

I think Dodo could work, perhaps in a system where we have Toti at left back to give us balance, so we can slide into a back three when the RB gets forward. We were linked with Baku as well recently and he’s hardly built like a traditional full back either, so it’s perhaps the profile they are looking for. Either way we definitely need stronger competition for Semedo.

I love the idea of a midfield with Scott, Nunes and Gomes in it. All proper athletes that can get about the pitch and press for 90 minutes. With Lemina and Bouba too it would become a serious strength.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does that factor in the loans we are turning into permanents? Cunha, Boubacar etc.
What years books does that fall into?

Guedes would also command a large loan fee for sure.

Lastly I would say with that squad we’d be left with we’d be in another relegation scrap at best.

Last edited:

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jorge doesn't do us a big favour via Benfica - who have received the Fernandez cash - and ease the financial pressure, than that Mendes set-up belongs in the bin.

He has benefitted from 5 years of PL cash more than we have! As have his circus of clubs.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will improve massively as opposed to Kilman who is simply hopeless and getting worse.

Really? What do you base that on? Kilman is worse now than he was 3 years ago. Collins is worse than he was a year ago. See the pattern? Kilman has just spent more time at a club whose players are all deteriorating over time. Unless they get away.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Like what you’ve done here. My main concern is lack of quality and PL experience at LM and RM. Not much PL experience up front, but hopefully there’s enough quality there for something to come good.
Yeah, did think that when I posted so thought maybe a loan or two to boost numbers on those positions….maybe a Cole Palmer from city or similar….?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think whether the players in and out are all precisely the right ones, directionally this is the kind of business we need to be doing this summer.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Does that factor in the loans we are turning into permanents? Cunha, Boubacar etc.
What years books does that fall into?

Guedes would also command a large loan fee for sure.

Lastly I would say with that squad we’d be left with we’d be in another relegation scrap at best.
Good question mate and the honest answer is I don’t know. LOL! Good point about a Guedes loan fee and plus a few million from Forest for staying up?…. We’re gonna have to be creative but most of all BRAVE. Who dares wins eh?;-)

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? What do you base that on? Kilman is worse now than he was 3 years ago. Collins is worse than he was a year ago. See the pattern? Kilman has just spent more time at a club whose players are all deteriorating over time. Unless they get away.
Kilman had that spell after the Russian invasion when he decided his head wasn't right. Since he has returned he has been simply woeful.Collins will improve I believe, he's much younger than Kilman so has time.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jorge doesn't do us a big favour via Benfica - who have received the Fernandez cash - and ease the financial pressure, than that Mendes set-up belongs in the bin.

He has benefitted from 5 years of PL cash more than we have! As have his circus of clubs.
Mendes according to e and s was actively trying to help joao gomes join lyon. He is no longer an uncle.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I think the out of contract players will leave, we'll sell Neves and will buy a right back and a striker. That's it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key is admitting mistakes were made last summer and finding buyers for Guedes and Nunes imo. Hope that someone in Spain will give us £20m for Guedes based on his reputation in La Liga and hope that someone previously linked with Nunes haven’t been put off by his performances at Wolves and are willing to give us close to our money back for him.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question mate and the honest answer is I don’t know. LOL! Good point about a Guedes loan fee and plus a few million from Forest for staying up?…. We’re gonna have to be creative but most of all BRAVE. Who dares wins eh?;-)
Indeed.

I think we get £7million from Forest for MGW and Boly as they stayed up.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Release:
Costa
Traore
Moutinho

Sell:
Neves - £30 million

Loan:

Hodge
Guedes
Mosquera
Lonwijk
Lembikisa
Cundle
Corbeanu

Signings:

LM - Diaz - Free

Leaving:

GK - Herrera/Bentley
RB - Semedo/Dodo
LB - Bueno/Toti
RM - Nunes/Chiquinho
LM - Sarabia/Diaz

Agree with all that . Would sell Semedo and Nunes if the right offers came in and decent alternatives can be found . Neither impressed me this season . Big fees , big earners , no real loss if they go IMHO. ,

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To have a £50m credit window, but also buy enough players for the refresh we need, we're going to need to have 2 big sales (£40m+) and a few smaller ones on top. That probably means selling Nunes or Kilman on top of Neves. Maybe all 3. Big ask.

Back
Top Bottom