Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£124m predicted prize money for Wolves!

Justawolf

Reaction score
Wolves could be the biggest asset in fosuns portfolio at this rate:)

Reaction score
13386272-7018867-image-m-41_1557613528469.jpg

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
This is what a Jez Moxey wet dream must look like. Except a bit more sticky.
I don't think he would be having wet dreams about a £34,000 a WEEK average salary - £34,000 a YEAR maybe :D:D:D

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Contrast that with Villa who received £66 million the last time they were in the Premier League.

paddy2929

Groupie
Reaction score
West Ham had one more game than us on tv and received a extra million!! Crazy

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder what our revenue will be then, premier League prize momey + cup run money + gate receipts + match day revenue + sponsorship?

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pay Nuno anything he wants, the bloke is as cash machine.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What’s that, 3 times what Fosun paid for us, in 3 years? Not bad!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what a Jez Moxey wet dream must look like. Except a bit more sticky.
Just goes to show the advantage of having a small squad and the medical staff to look after them.
It really is quite amazing that all of our senior outfield players make the matchday 18!

K

Knocker Lite

Basic pay at Fulham the same as Wolves shows us the key is smart recruitment to get value for money.

W

WednesfieldWolf

Liverpool gain more money finishing 2nd than the champions do...

K

Knocker Lite

Must say, considering Cardiff's wage spend, they did bloody well still having a chance with a couple of games left.

Yet they only showed what you would expect and displayed the very basic British virtues and little more. They dug in and battled. Much like previous Wolves sides have done when promoted, its game but in the end its very limited.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
What would you guess our total income for the season will be?
£125m prize and TV money, player sales, plus sponsorship (in addition to shirt I noticed Fosun have sponsored the training ground), gate receipts, merchandise, corporate and commercial income, overseas sales, plus I've no doubt that there are investments coming in from the wider Fosun network that can be classified as income towards FFP. Wouldn't be surprised if we hit the £150m - £160m mark

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Yet they only showed what you would expect and displayed the very basic British virtues and little more. They dug in and battled. Much like previous Wolves sides have done when promoted, its game but in the end its very limited.

Yes, obviously, but did well considering limited funds.

A

Amiga-wolf

What Wolves have achieved this season is amazing, those charts only go to prove that.

But it is one thing doing it once, doing it consistently is the real challenge. We got away with very few injuries, our signings pretty much all came off, our football is pleasing to watch and attractive to TV. Keeping that going will be quite a challenge.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BT's reticence to show Wolves has left us behind the likes of Everton in the league share of the TV monies. Just the minimum one PL game was broadcast on BT.

Having said that, one needs to remember the FA Cup prize monies and broadcasting fees (4 televised ties) as well, which, while not as lucrative, will certainly have boosted our coffers nicely.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sod BT Sports then! Done OK with SKY i'd say (dancing with the devil).
Would it not be great for Wolves to say next season, Any fans who have held a Season ticket for 15years+ consecutively (or maybe 10 seasons) get it free next year , as a thank you. Those that are on 14 years, wait 1 year and they get it free etc... (I do not have a season ticket now for the record). As they will not miss the revenue that much by the looks and would be a massive PR exercise.
Not sure what the numbers would be.

D

Deleted member 5276

Would it not be great for Wolves to say next season, Any fans who have held a Season ticket for 15years+ consecutively (or maybe 10 seasons) get it free next year , as a thank you. Those that are on 14 years, wait 1 year and they get it free etc... (I do not have a season ticket now for the record). As they will not miss the revenue that much by the looks and would be a massive PR exercise.
Hold on a minute... how about those of us that were there in the 80's debacle? Life-time season tickets?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basic pay at Fulham the same as Wolves shows us the key is smart recruitment to get value for money.
Maybe that explains a lot about Fulham's season. Paid a lot for players but not the equivalent on wages. The selling clubs gained but not the players. Maybe their value very overrated.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the TV money does not include overseas TV. So if we can have the rights for showing in foreign countries that would boost us considerably if we get into Europe next season. For a start there is the Chinese market and Portuguese that would generate a vast interest.
Then there is the marketing all around the world.
All that dosh coming in but we would still be limited in our spending by the FFP.:rolleyes:

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really hacks me off how much tv coverage Newcastle get. Play terrible football and games are pretty meaningless- little danger of relegation no chance of any success.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BT's reticence to show Wolves has left us behind the likes of Everton in the league share of the TV monies. Just the minimum one PL game was broadcast on BT.

Having said that, one needs to remember the FA Cup prize monies and broadcasting fees (4 televised ties) as well, which, while not as lucrative, will certainly have boosted our coffers nicely.

BT will be showing us most Thursdays next season, don't worry ;)

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice idea and I see where you're coming from however, STH's already have the 'perk' of not having to worry about getting tickets for all home games and to a lesser degree, all other games. I think it's a bit much making that 'perk' effectively free next season.

Back
Top Bottom