Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. D

John Pender - Garden Rescue

Thanks for posting. Quite sad watching how his health has deteriorated but he seemed happy with the outcome of his garden makeover and he has great support from his wife. Remember watching him play for us and I think his centre back partner was Bob Coy and they were both quite youthful at the...
  2. D

Turnover - Accounts etc (economics) (the why no transfers thread)

In this severe financial situation we find ourselves in can someone rationalise how Shi managed to secure a pay rise in the midst of all this.
  3. D

Great FORGOTTEN Wolves goals

Steve Kindon away at West Ham in the early 70's . From memory he ran from the half way line and once he got going there was no stopping him.
  4. D

Mauricio Pochettino

He is the man I would want however he is not in the Mendes stable so he looks like a non starter. We have wasted over a week faffing about. This is a critical appointment and frankly have little faith in Shi to get it right.
  5. D

Funny things you’ve seen/heard watching the wolves

Went to that match. It did rain but they also watered the pitch to negate our tactics. Few years later was in a pub in Shifnal when who should walk in but Andy King who had been with Aldershot at the time. Had a good conversation with him and he confirmed it. He has sadly since passed away.
  6. D

Middlesborough away in the early 80's for a FA Cup tie. It was probably when we got to the semis. Anyway it was at the old Ayresome Park and the away end was open to the elements. It absolutely pelted down with rain so my mate used his silk Wolves scarf as a makeshift hood. When the rain...
  7. D

Indirectly linked to football but after a Wolves home game me and a few mates went to a pub near Bromyard for a stag do. There was a pool table with a lad about 9 or 10 potting a few balls on his own. The lad had lost the lower part of one of his arms but still managed to hold the cue. My mate...
  8. D

Away game at Notts County and it had been tipping it down. For some reason me and my mate went in their end . My mate went to get a programme and tried to put on is best Notts accent. The programme seller seller said , ' Is it raining in Wolverhampton as well '
  9. D

Forum Issues?

I am still getting this error 520 on my android phone despite clearing my search history. I have tried following the bod solution ( very difficult as I am a technophobe ) without any joy. Interestingly when I open my chrome browser I do not have the three dots as suggested. Is anyone able to...
  10. D

Is the iconic Wolves badge the most recognisable of the Premier League teams?

I'm off to Greece tomorrow so I will give your theory a test run.
  11. D

How long have you supported Wolves?

1972 V Leyton Orient in The League Cup.
  12. D

Favourite football strip, beside Wolves!

The Dutch kit circa 1974. Great strip and a great team.
  13. D

The Doog.

Remember when he fronted the takeover in the early 80's and there was real excitement at the opening match of the season. He appeared on the Southbank in a grey suit. I thought he was the messiah as he was mobbed by his adoring fans. I bought a season ticket for the first time and I think it...
  14. D

Wolves transfer disasters!

It was more of a nod to the quality of the players we were signing at the time. However I seem to recall a fee was payed for Barnes when he signed from Aldershot. In fact The Doc who was manager at the time lauded him as the new ''Steve Coppell'' even though Barnes played at left back.
  15. D

Wolves transfer disasters!

David Barnes , Billy Kellock , Mark Buckland. Those were the days !
  16. D

Vinny Clark

Agreed. I think Mr Clarke should pop into one of the local hostelries pre match ( whenever that may be ) and explain his corporate thinking behind the price rise. I am sure he would be well received.
  17. D

Vinny Clark

Agreed and wasn't ''Benchmarking'' other clubs ticket prices another one of his corporate buzz words . Interestingly I think he named two or three other clubs and they were all in London. I think someone needs to explain to him there is a reason they charge more in London.
  18. D

Vinny Clark

Well said. If they are so short of money that they feel the need to squeeze the fans again perhaps they should look at other areas to save money. For eg do they really need five chefs at Compton ?
  19. D

What improvements to the ground would you like to find on your return ?

Yeah and stop people smoking in them at half time
Back
Top Bottom