Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Lupus ad Penn

Today’s Games 2023-2024

VAR and the media are driving a wedge between many of us,and the game we grew up with. I hate VAR, I hate the incompetent ( or corrupt) officials, and loathe most of the fawning matey matey media.. It won’t be the cost that will eventually stop me from going, it will be the VAR , refs, and TV...
  2. Lupus ad Penn

Stadium Plans

As long as I can walk to the ground at 2.30 from the Combermere Arms, I don’t mind where they rebuild the ground.
  3. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Looking down Molineux St towards its junction with WaterlooRd near the “Goal Post” pub.
  4. Lupus ad Penn

Hurt

Today was really disappointing but it doesn’t compare with Watford. Leeds and Bolton were awful experiences,but Watford took it to a new level. I was going to an FA Cup final with a chance of winning it, and then the whole dream was ripped up in front of us. Troy “flippin” Deeney was...
  5. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Wolves switched to V neck collars in 1956-57 season, so the picture is before that.
  6. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

The fans were on the pitch in May 1967 to celebrate our promotion under Ronnie Allen. You can see Allen speaking to the crowd from the directors box in the left had bottom corner of the photo.
  7. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

This was against Norwich in the first game of the season, August 25th 1973. We won 3-1 ( McCalliog,Dougan2) Kevin Keelan ,their keeper,fell backwards into the post as Dougan scored at the North Bank end. The match had to be delayed about 30 minutes, as they had to replace the post.. It wasn’t...
  8. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Great picture in today’s Express and Star of fans on their way to Molineux in 1958. The pub in the picture (The Chequer Ball) stood between the Civic Centre and the Wulfruna st site of the University.
  9. Lupus ad Penn

Top 6 or FA Cup ?

Leaving Maine Rd after losing to Leeds in the 1973 semi, my Dad said, don’t worry you anre only 15, you’ll go to plenty of FACup finals in the future. Over 50 years later I’ve been to 5 more semi finals ( including a replay) but still no FA Cup final, time is running out, so no contest...
  10. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Between 1954-58, as it shows the original floodlight pylons. Larger ones were Fitted in 1958.
  11. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Sorry for the confusion! This is a photo of one of the”W”s from the top of the gate. I found it on a pavement coming back from Molineux some years ago. No doubt it had been used as a missile after another bad defeat! A treasured “objet d’art” in my Wolves collection.
  12. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

The gates were built in the late 50s early 60s, after a billiard hall, attached to Molineux hotel, has been demolished. The gates stayed until the rebuild of the derelict hotel, to become the present Wolverhampton archives. If you look at my posts on page 101, 102 you can see a photo and a map...
  13. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

14. Lupus ad Penn

European Qualification?

I hope Southampton do come back, they generally give us 6 points per season!
  15. Lupus ad Penn

Matheus Cunha scores first top flight away hat-trick since 1964 !!!!!!

It was a fantastic day out seeing Cunha’s hat trick, and the complete demolition of a billion pound team. The only other away hat tricks I have seen were Darren Roberts against Blues away in 1992 and John De Wolf in 1995 both great days out, but yesterday will live long in the memory.
  16. Lupus ad Penn

Say something nice about the baggies

One of their greatest players,Ronnie Allen, did a great job with us in1960’s , building a promotion team which became the backbone of McGarry’s successful years. Just signing The Doog , should elevate him to Bully levels!
  17. Lupus ad Penn

The phrases that pundits and commentators can't live without now

I blame Ron Atkinson, with his “early doors“ and his references to “ the back stick”.
  18. Lupus ad Penn

The phrases that pundits and commentators can't live without now

The tv companies all apologise for crowd swearing,but never apologise for the constant foul language that litters modern day tv dramas. Double standards, to suit themselves.
  19. Lupus ad Penn

Everton verdict

We are not a small club!
  20. Lupus ad Penn

Old Molineux Photos

Cyril was a decent left back for Spurs, picking up 4 England caps in the late 1960s. He played in their UEFA cup win against us in 1972. “nice one Cyril”.
Back
Top Bottom