Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. ShifnalWolf

Spurs away - tickets

So late last night there was 950 tickets left on sale for Spurs away before they went to anyone on loyalty points (1180+) this morning Now looks like they are all sold out. so that’s 950 to people on loyalty points, 500 to Silver AST and 1,100 to Gold AST - that’s 2,550. where have the other...
  2. ShifnalWolf

PPG v target 19/20

Happy Friday all! Right, so i am happy to do this again, if people want me to do it?? Last season i tracked: 40 points, 10th place average and 7th place average Baggies best ever point total (49 points) Man City's first season under the $$$$ (50 points) vs. Top 6, Mid 8 and Bottom 5 Home v...
  3. ShifnalWolf

Would any of you sell?

Imagine the scenario 7th is wrapped up by the weekend (we beat Fulham and Leicester lose to Man City). You are travelling up to Liverpool with your mates/family. You get to the ground and are offered £400/£500 for each ticket - so £1.5k in total, the chap/chapess wanting to buy them offers to...
  4. ShifnalWolf

FA Performance - Since 1960 (with graphs!)

With this being the 60th season since our last FA Cup win - a 3-0 win over Blackburn in 1960, and the first time in almost 20 years we have been properly excited about a cup run - i have pulled together our FA cup performance since we last won it. Some things that jumped out to me.. 1. In the...
  5. ShifnalWolf

Grand Tour

Thoughts on the new Grand Tour series so far, especially the Columbia special - i thought it was excellent and am so glad these three are still making programmes. I have to admit the jokes about Clarkson's wrangler and pink shirts etc made me laugh a lot. Will Young has threatened to report...
  6. ShifnalWolf

30 months ago

We beat Sheff Wed 2-1 in front of 25k fans at Molineux (4k Sheff Wed fans) in our last game pre-FOSUN to secure a 14th place finish in the championship - 18 points above relegation and 16 points from the playoffs. Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday Of the 18 squad players that day...
  7. ShifnalWolf

Disabled facilities in the Prem

Just seen that of the 3,100 away tickets @ Spurs - 14 are for Wheelchair users. This compares to 20 wheelchair user tickets available away @ Fulham (which has a lower allocation of 2,700). Given that Craven Cottage is over 120 years old and Wembley is c.10 years old - isn't that pretty...
  8. ShifnalWolf

Cup runs

So our best cup run since 2000 was in 2016 which -even though it involved wins over Stoke & Liverpool - it was only to the 5th round (last 16 of the FA cup). As it is now probable that we will be a Prem team for the next 2-3 years at least, should a cup run be priortised? I mean, a 1st quarter...
  9. ShifnalWolf

Our defence 5th best in the Premier League?

Just looking at the table and noticed we have the 5th least conceded goals (Behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs) so therefore the 5th best defence? What do people think is the key reason for this? I for one was worried about Coady/Bennett/Doc after seeing them struggle v Fulham/Villa away...
  10. ShifnalWolf

England v Croatia

Croatia v England: ‘Why are England fans going to a behind closed doors game they can’t watch?’ Are these people mad.. going to Croatia for a behind closed gates meaningless friendly? I notice one of the lads is a Wolves fan, would be interested to know why he is spending £500+ on this -...
  11. ShifnalWolf

FIFA Awards 2018

There were many shocking/debatable decisions across the whole evening - as you would expect with FIFA, but my biggest shock was discovering that Sergio Aguero was not voted as one of the top 15 strikers in the world (FIFA did 5 Best XIs) Is this what people really think? For me he is the best...
  12. ShifnalWolf

Sterling bashing from BBC

So Rashford's 2 goals in 2 meaningless games in Sterling's absence have led to this article England 1-0 Switzerland: Marcus Rashford and Danny Rose shine in friendly win which includes the line ..'Where Rashford has now applied pressure to Sterling is in the crucial area of end product.'...
  13. ShifnalWolf

Friday Trivia - Wolves XI with 4 letters or less

Morning So i'm excited/terrified of the thought of playing Man City tomorrow, and somehow while thinking about Wolves last night the thought of the best ever Wolves XI with players surname's being 4 letters or less came in to my mind. I didn't get too far into an XI though (plus i'm in my mid...
  14. ShifnalWolf

PPG v target 18/19

GW2 - 0 points PPG - 0.50 Extrapolated points total - 19 Obviously doesn't look great, but only 2 games in!
  15. ShifnalWolf

Leander Dendoncker - Who had heard of him - POLL

Just a quick one, genuinely interested to know how many people had heard of him. I for one hadn't and i admit my European football knowledge is quite poor.
  16. ShifnalWolf

How to fend off the Glory Hunters...

Just come across this on the Daily Mail article on us signing Jonny.. OneOfOurOwn, England, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago What a season this will be for the Wolves. I'm a Spurs fan living in Birmingham but I'll be making some regular trips to the Molineux next season, that or a trip to...
  17. ShifnalWolf

English Press

A number of our England squad have called for more support from the Press during the World Cup and a couple of footballers (notably Fabregas and Evra) have commented on how harsh the English press is on our National team, with Sterling being a key example. To me, they seem to be wanting England...
  18. ShifnalWolf

Medium term view of Premier League

I wonder what the top half of the Premier League will look over the next 4 to 5 years, regardless of Wolves' ambitions. I have but together a couple of ideas, as i really don't know what will happen. A) Will the Top 10 continue as it is, being a Top 6 of Utd/City/Spurs/L'Pool/Arsenal/Chelsea...
  19. ShifnalWolf

First World Cup memory

They were doing a phone in on 5Live this morning about your first WC memory, what it is and how vivid it is in your mind. For me, being born in 1991 i think my memories of the 1998 WC are more from watching videos, with my first memory being Ronaldinho's chip over Seaman in our loss to Brazil...
  20. ShifnalWolf

What are you looking forward to most in the Premier League?

For me, it will be the tense nature of the games, particularly at home. In 09/10 and 10/11 when we won a decent number of home games, i remember celebrating each goal with such emotion and passion, which i haven't experienced since we lost 5-1 to the Baggies. The only prem game i remember being...
Back
Top Bottom