Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Chungster

Triage volunteers

I'm recruiting. Required: A small crack team of battle-hardened, round-the-block campaigners of a certain age with more than a few tours under their belt willing to get their hands dirty. Duties: A river of tears to be mopped. Chins to be re-lifted and scaffold-supported. Bruised egos to be...
  2. Chungster

Give me one moment in time....

“So Alan. Black Country derbies....usually tight affairs...but that surely has to go down as a humiliation today. How did you see the game?” “I thought their ninth had the look of offside about it...”
  3. Chungster

Gratitude and Respect to Fosun. Please post here...

Thank you Fosun for helping my team to play better football. Let no one say I'm not prepared to do my bit...
  4. Chungster

Verdict Wolves 1-0 Yeovil Town.

It's all about the tiles.
  5. Chungster

10 best books about sport you've read....

...in no particular order. Mcllvanney on Boxing - Hugh Mcllvanney Mcllvanney on Football - Hugh Mcllvanney Mcllvanney on Racing - Hugh Mcllvanney The Boys of Summer - Roger Kahn Ball Four - Jim Boulton Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times - Thomas Hauser The Glory Game - Hunter Davies The Damned...
  6. Chungster

Aphasia - help?

My 87 year old Uncle and match buddy of many years suffered a stroke a couple of weeks back and it seems to have severely impaired his ability to take in and process information and communicate lucidly. Worst of all, it appears to have scrambled his ability to read. Physically, he's as fit as...
  7. Chungster

Horse Racing

Any interest in getting a thread going? Observations, info, ante post musings etc? I'll break the seal with some 'stream of consciousness' stuff on the jumps.... Thought Tizzard's latest acquisition from PTP, Finian's Oscar, looked a serious 'tool' in the making at Hereford yesterday but may...
  8. Chungster

Kauto Star RIP

Put down this morning due to a broken pelvis following a seemingly innocuous fall in a small paddock at home. This is the horse that jumped his way to five King Georges, four Betfair Chases and two Gold Cups.....the irony is as painful as the news itself. Too short a retirement for, Arkle...
  9. Chungster

Hugh Mcilvanney - goodies

I can’t remember the last time I left these shores, for business or for pleasure, without saving a corner in my suitcase for three dog-eared hardbacks: Mcilvanney on Football; Mcilvanney on Boxing; Mcilvanney on Horse racing. He is a sportswriter without peer. If you're going away this summer...
  10. Chungster

Kevin Thelwell

Somebody remind me what he does again....
  11. Chungster

Boycott England games

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29546374 Let me throw a few facts/observations up in the air and see how they fall.... The new Wembley cost the best part of £1 billion and took 4 years to build. While the stadium was being built England games were largely played in front of capacity crowds...
  12. Chungster

This forum....

....is in terminal decline. Posters with any sort of 'edge', personality, 'spheroids'.....deserting in droves. Death by inanity. Discuss.
  13. Chungster

Best completely made up song by a fictitious band you 've heard today

Best completely made up song by a fictitious band you've not heard today Donkey Must Die - The Claw Hammers
  14. Chungster

Fly On The Wall

Pick one incident/conversation/meeting/teamtalk/dressing room dressing down etc in our history you would love to have anonymously eavesdropped on....
  15. Chungster

Red or Dead

Anybody reading? Just started. Already transfixed. Peace is more hypnotist than writer. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I find his football writing as intense an experience as watching a big game.
  16. Chungster

Cup Final Memories

It's probably difficult for some of our younger posters to get a gauge on how important the FA Cup used to be to football supporters and what a monumental event Cup Final Day was in the sporting calendar. From 5 years old onwards and well into my teens, it was up there with Christmas day. I...
  17. Chungster

Aintree

Any fancies over the three days? Melling Chase looks to be a belter if Sprinter Sacre lines up against Flemenstar and Cue Card. Like the look of Teaforthree in the National. Backed him when he won the 4 miler @ Cheltenham last year and thought he'd make a decent National horse. Also like...
  18. Chungster

Will he sell up...

.....if we go down? If this is a vanity project with associated side 'benefits' for his business dealings, is he going to want his reputation sullied by an association with a high profile failure? What we also need to consider is whether he will be as scrupulous as Sir Jack was regarding who...
  19. Chungster

The Wall

I reckon we've hit it. Lots of predictable jostling for positions approaching the first bend and a few already looking to get 'tooled up' in advance of what looks like another imminent stylistic civil war. 'twas ever thus and shall ever be so. And do you know there's part of me that really...
  20. Chungster

Wednesday Away

Initial allocation of 2000 in upper tier I believe. I have to wait for General Sale date Saturday before game. Are we likely to sell this out and if so do they release lower tier for sale?
Back
Top Bottom