Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. W

The Death of Football, R.I.P.

You need to drop this line of argument....because you are contaminating the discussion about VAR. The argument about fosuns scandalous failure in January is a separate discussion. The popular reaction against what happened on Wednesday feels like s breakthrough moment for wolves fans and...
  2. W

I'm not so pessimistic......get the crowds singing **** VAR every match and I can't see how it can survive.. We have more power in general than we realise. Curious situation....paying public hate part of what the pay for. That is not sustainable.
  3. W

Interesting to see so many decisive comments. That's just how I feel. Having argued for years that VAR could be salvaged with reform, I can suddenly see that it is not possible. Of all the complaints, its the ruination of the joy and ecstasy of the goals scored that is top of the list. I cant...
  4. W

Why hasn't Jeff Shi raised VAR at the Premier League meetings

Referees don't have that power.
  5. W

Why hasn't Jeff Shi raised VAR at the Premier League meetings

It only takes 14 clubs to vote together to scrap VAR, or stop it for a season to give everyone a chance to compare. But, as I understand it, no club has yet out forward the proposal. Surely the Wolves Chairman should do that if he wishes to represent the majority of wolves fans.
  6. W

I attended last night. I am now out of live games, and I have cancelled my subscription go ot I attended last night and that is my last live game until this is sorted out. I have also cancelled my TV subscription.. VAR has for me destroyed the experience of the game, and I think its close to...
  7. W

You have been head in the sand about VAR for a long time.Maybe last night will be the wake up call you need. VAR allows for good goals to be ruled out, be it through bias and/or incompetence. On a scale we have never seen anything close to before. This is a historic reversal of how the game...
  8. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

In general, the old system relying on linesmen tended towards favouring the attacker. Most linesmen would only flag if they were sure it was offside as the game could be decided on a wrong call. In that context, always better to give a goal, than stop a goal. So VAR tends to reverse the...
  9. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

To be honest, we are probably not far from an acceptable compromise. Wenger said just draw the lines a bit thicker. And that would settle the vast majority of these margin calls. And restore the spirit of the game at the same time. The current setup is about the power of the referees in my...
  10. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Very clear explanation.....the technology does not support these margins of decision. There is then the awful realisation that the technology is often actually ruling out skilled play by the attack ING side. This then also allows for bias in decision making to hide behind the pseudo neutrality...
  11. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

This may not be the case, as I understand it. The new automated system has been trialled in women's football in Denmark, and has generally been well-received. A friend here who does a podcast on women's football here showed me some of the examples they use to explain the system, and it seems...
  12. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Mike Riley seems to think differently:
  13. W

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Keep Sa, embodies the spirit of the team. Ramsdale is a moaning ****, who would undermine the team ethos.
  14. W

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

Players out: Cunha Neto Bellegarde Semedo Dawson Players able to play 45 or less Hwang Sarabia Ran Lemina First team players able to complete 90 mins Sa Toti Kilman Gomes Given that choice, merci a Fosun, it was an extraordinarily good performance against a brilliant side. Oneil set them...
  15. W

Gary’s De-Presser

Spiers is such a lowlife, turning up at stab O'Neil in the back like this. Most easily pimped fake journalist hanging round the club. If the club want to undermine O'Neil, he is the **** stirrer they would pick. Really not a good sign. The club still look they are steadily heading for the...
  16. W

The 85% cap on player spending

Yes, I can see it becoming even harder to hold onto talent, although difficult to know how different that will be from the current set up. I have always argued that aspirational clubs need to use the allowable losses to the full, to give more financial power and more flexibility. Used properly...
  17. W

Overall impact with an 85% cap possibly not that great a difference from current situation. But it does mean a system that operates on a different basis. The slight scope for flexibility in the current system will be reduced. Expect more player trading at lowered prices in particular as...
  18. W

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

How about we keep our best players, bring in the 2-3 players the squad needs to last the season. And go for a season of glory. Then review the situation.
  19. W

Suspensions

What is the date for that...ie does it include Saturday's game, which was the cutoff.
  20. W

Some interesting tables: And another one: And a final one: Over last two seasons, only Brighton and Man City have received more in transfer fees for sale of players.
Back
Top Bottom