Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Ponty

MGW

A thread where those that give two hoots can go round in circles talking about our former player. Feel free to talk about breaking lockdown, his girlfriend, whether Nuno, Lage or the fans are to blame for him leaving, how much he’s worth and repeat ad infinitum…
  2. Ponty

Toti Gomes

Am I imagining it or did Toti Gomes put in a couple of solid performances at centre half in January? I'm struggling to see how he'd be any worse than the three who played there today. We need to start looking to next season straight away and give him a run of games and see what he's made of.
  3. Ponty

Basics

It is well known Nuno spends a lot of time coaching team shape but I can't help feeling that we need a bit of coaching in basics. Three in particular spring to mind. Shooting. Despite getting plenty of shots in fast too many miss the target. If you don't shoot on target you don't score, bar a...
  4. Ponty

Chorley or West Brom

Who do you most want to beat?
  5. Ponty

Are we too honest?

After watching our game yesterday and the Liverpool game today it is apparent cheats do prosper. Both Liverpool and Villa players fall to the floor at there merest contact and seem to look for any excuse to throw themselves theatrically to the floor. Often they win free kicks but even when they...
  6. Ponty

January 2021 Transfer Window

Less than 3 months before we start all over again. My immediate thoughts are : Will Yout make an appearance? Will we make a move for AMN if he isn’t a regular starter? I think it’s unlikely. Is Pepe going to move to Europe and if so are we interested? I suspect it will depend how our forwards...
  7. Ponty

Liquidation Sale

Just a thought but if Fosun were to sell the whole squad and bank next season’s TV money how much would it net them? They could let the club rot or give it away at the end of the season and still make a massive profit on their investment to date. Given China’s hostility to the UK at the moment...
  8. Ponty

Weakest Links

If we are to continue our progress we need to improve the starting XI which is something we did not do in the summer. Which two players in our regular starting line up are our weakest links and should be upgraded first? I think currently Coady and probably the Right CB, but equally I can think...
  9. Ponty

Five and counting...Verdict.

As soon as Jota went off we were toothless.
  10. Ponty

Moutinho

Absolutely fantastic performance. Probably the most composed performance by a Wolves midfielder I’ve seen in over 45 years. We are so lucky to have him now, I just wonder how good he would have been 5 years ago.
  11. Ponty

Congratulations Cardiff

They pushed us most of the way and despite Colin being a ***** he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Let's hope its ABV that join us both.
  12. Ponty

Song lyric change

The words need to be changed from "To build a football team" to "He built a football team"!
  13. Ponty

Verdict Boro

HUGE! Traore was good but Attwell far and away the best Boro player on the pitch. All Super Heroes, Boly a Super Super Hero!
  14. Ponty

Dave Edwards on 5Live

Listened earlier this evening to discussion about Bale missing the next two Wales' games. They then played an interview with "Wolves full back Dave Edwards". Either we have a promising youngster I've not heard about or 5Live are totally clueless!
  15. Ponty

Verdict v 10 Man Blues

Well tonight confirmed that FA Cup performances have painted over more cracks than even the most pessimistic fan imagined. Clueless going forward - just hoof it or dink it into the channels. Under PL Norwich played some great pass and move football through midfield not over it. Is Pl asking...
  16. Ponty

FA Cup Draw

After yesterday's draw I think it is fair to say our name was never on the cup. Barring a big surprise we would have ended up playing 6 of last season's top 9 in the PL. I suspect the draw has never produced any team a harder route to the final.
  17. Ponty

Season Over In February

I doubt there has been any other team who have had something to play for late into the season compared to Wolves. We’ve only had the odd year when we weren’t in with a shout of play-offs, threatened by relegation or still in the FA Cup in well over 40 years. I wonder if the fact we a...
  18. Ponty

Psycho Gone

Reports from a reliable source say Stuart Pearce is leaving Forest. Shame, after a poor start he’s turned them around nicely!
  19. Ponty

Passing Game

Everyone seemed to welcome the new style of play KJ has introduced and revelled in the impressive possession stats from many of our games this season. On the basis that even Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich occasionally lose the ball in dangerous positions anyone with half a brain knew...
  20. Ponty

Bolton

I know they’re about as popular as a Richard the Third in a pint of real ale but I trust we will all be putting that to one side at the weekend and just for once wishing them well as a victory for them over Blues will send Blues down so long as Wigan hold on to their lead tonight.:D
Back
Top Bottom