Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either depending on the next step ! I truly believe this. The poor run of results could easily bleed into next season . Yet we have many aspects of a good foundation. Hence my comment “watershed “.
Yeah.. we’re 2/3 signings away from competing for Europe.. or 2/3 sales away from relegation. Important summer for sure.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PS, How do you Wolves fans get over a loss, because I am struggling right now. I know Man City were the better team. Yet Craig Pawson was just singing to the hymn sheet of the Man City players. I don't feel Man City are the most likeable team in the Premier Leauge. I always look up to Arsenal for having more integrity. Even though Havertz is a bit over exuberent. I respect Arsenal, because I give them respect where it's due. Yet, 5-1 is a bitter pill to swallow.

You just have to find a way to not take it all too seriously, which is easier when the defeat didn't really cost us anything. The season's all but done, we know whereabouts we're going to finish, and getting pumped by Man City isn't so tough, happens to most teams. The summer is there it enjoy the Euros and to hope we don't sell our best players, and maybe sign a couple of rough gems. Keep your expectations low, enjoy the occasional win, and maybe next season the football will be enjoyable again like it was for the first two thirds of this one.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah.. we’re 2/3 signings away from competing for Europe.. or 2/3 sales away from relegation. Important summer for sure.
Would you say 4/5 signings needed if we sold Neto and RAN ?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I have posted this before. My petition challenging Howard Webb to account for his actions now has. 228 signatures. I couldn't have done this without the help of the Wolves fan base. Yet, I still have a long way to go in this campaign to really start making waves. So if you have a minute. Please sign. You can sign anonymously if you don't want your name or details on there. Many Thanks.

Done.

Well done for standing up and having a go.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PS, How do you Wolves fans get over a loss, because I am struggling right now. I know Man City were the better team. Yet Craig Pawson was just singing to the hymn sheet of the Man City players. I don't feel Man City are the most likeable team in the Premier Leauge. I always look up to Arsenal for having more integrity. Even though Havertz is a bit over exuberent. I respect Arsenal, because I give them respect where it's due. Yet, 5-1 is a bitter pill to swallow.
We usually head to the pub for ‘group therapy’. Within an hour you’re ready for the next game.

Remember the golden rule though… drink irresponsibly.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit that sometimes it’s getting harder to put it into perspective so often.
I’m not expecting miracles but when we frequently lose possession due to childishly bad passes in our defensive third or can’t move the ball out, it makes for hard watching.
And the constant desperate clinging for the last 10 minutes or so is bloody well nerve wrecking as I always expect we’ll concede one or two.

The season is nearly finished and Gary has more than enough time to fix these basic issues. What are they doing all week at Compton?
Re your last para l suspect the honest answer, given the state of the season, the number of injuries we've had and the (over) reliance on other players as a result, is very little other than basic fitness maintenance.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some very healthy attendances at the top of the championship. With all the arguments about ground expansion where would we hypothetically land on this list if we went down? Would the ground stay full like Leicester? Think we would be below 90% imo. Probably around 6/7/8th on the total list.
Before the happy clappers @ me ("i swear some fans want to see us relegated again" bore off) this is purely hypothetical as i was impressed when i saw the avg figures of some of the top clubs especially those relegated recently.
Maybe champ is benefitting from some well supported teams down there (sunderland, leeds) when the prem has a few non traditional clubs in there such as Brentford, Bournemouth, Luton.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 16.13.15.pngScreenshot 2024-05-07 at 16.09.22.png

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Update on that Interview to volunteer at the Champions League Final had in March: I was put on to the reserve list last week, but like Lemina’s brilliant last gasp winner v Spurs, I hit the jackpot with a place became available today!

This will be one marvellous experience.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Update on that Interview to volunteer at the Champions League Final had in March: I was put on to the reserve list last week, but like Lemina’s brilliant last gasp winner v Spurs, I hit the jackpot with a place became available today!

Congratulations, have a super time

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great news @Kashmire Hawker - Need you wearing a giant Wolves novelty hat so we can see you on the tv!

Reaction score
I hope everyone on the Mol Mix gets at least one question right in this Guardian quiz! They have a bit of a tongue-in-cheek dig when giving the answer, but always nice to see Wolves in the national meedja!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 21.51.32.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 21.51.32.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 40

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rosenior sacked by Hull. Begs the question 'why' ?
I thought he was a young coach to keep an eye on. He seemed to be doing a good job there, but I don't watch them every week so maybe the owners wanted something different. I hope he get another Championship job at a good club.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope everyone on the Mol Mix gets at least one question right in this Guardian quiz! They have a bit of a tongue-in-cheek dig when giving the answer, but always nice to see Wolves in the national meedja!

All souls college made me chuckle. Sounds like something completely different.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some very healthy attendances at the top of the championship. With all the arguments about ground expansion where would we hypothetically land on this list if we went down? Would the ground stay full like Leicester? Think we would be below 90% imo. Probably around 6/7/8th on the total list.
Before the happy clappers @ me ("i swear some fans want to see us relegated again" bore off) this is purely hypothetical as i was impressed when i saw the avg figures of some of the top clubs especially those relegated recently.
Maybe champ is benefitting from some well supported teams down there (sunderland, leeds) when the prem has a few non traditional clubs in there such as Brentford, Bournemouth, Luton.

View attachment 42577View attachment 42576
Depends on pricing for one thing. If they were daft enough to increase prices when we were relegated and we didn't have a good season then >75% wouldn't wholly surprise me.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1000004675.jpg

This is worryingly true in my experience. My 15 year old even plays football, but barely watches it, same with his mates.

I know some will watch it, but the levels of those obsessed like in my day are far lower.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good old clip from nearly 50 years ago. It shows how we a stuck on the hamster wheel of history. Fashion and technology might have changed but there's still plenty that is the same. Media spin quotes, then when they are called out on it they get defensive. The North East being a hotbed of football with their two clubs (even the journos back then dismissed Middlesbrough). A nice line from Lawrie McMenemy about Welsh singers that made me laugh.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
View attachment 42624

This is worryingly true in my experience. My 15 year old even plays football, but barely watches it, same with his mates.

I know some will watch it, but the levels of those obsessed like in my day are far lower.
Think it's a bit of a red herring. There maybe be other reasons (including cost of attending matches) if there is an issue in that age bracket, and I'm not convinced there is. In my day (a kid in the 70s and 80s), me and all my friends were obsessed with football but there was no live league football on TV at all. Only the major international tournaments, FA Cup finals and European Cup final (if there was an English team in it). Even our 1980 League Cup final wasn't on live. The first English football league match live on TV wasn't until 1983 (Spurs v Forest). So I'm not sure how the lack of live football on terrestrial is to blame. Until Sky came along (and I'm no fan of Sky), there was barely any live football on TV.

So, we were also "denied access" to football because there was no live football on! Just three games a week on Match of the Day. That social media post is a pretty weak argument.

Rowzed

Reaction score

View attachment 42577View attachment 42576
Attendances down the road appear to have picked up a bit

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, they are trying to be transparent by having this talk. Hopefully it will elleviate doubts, and answer any lingering questions...
More likely mate, and l'm a cynical old sod, they want to make some money.... The evening may be for charity but l bet that they are getting a fee to appear.

Back
Top Bottom