Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez in the RAN deal is a no brainier like for like replacement. Kabore can also play either side. McAtee not sure where he fits unless we sell Joao Gomes. Another ready made player
McAtee and Gomes are completely different players. If Gomes is a pitbull McAtee is somewhere between a whippet and a poodle.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like what the academy has been doing recently in picking up these young players & giving them a platform to develop and showcase their talent.

Two great examples this season are Dani Angel (18) & Mateus Mane (16), both signed from non-league sides and within a few months of being at Wolves, they've earned the opportunity to get called up to play for Spain U18s and Portugal u17s!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just probably need to accept they are going to be players like Gomes who improve every year. I think we can get players with high ceilings, i'm just not seeing us getting ready made players anymore.
Agreed . But if we sell Neto and RAN for £60 million I want all that £60 million reinvested in say four players . Then hopefully those four will become more valuable and we go again.
What I don’t want is only £40 million reinvested in two or three players . That would be a step backwards.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure he quite fits the type of character we’re trying to sign.
I don't think he's that bad a character actually. His every action was scrutinised at Man United. I actually feel a bit sorry for him as he's had a tumultuous few years. Wonderfully talented footballer, if his ban gets overturned then why not?

Another we should be taking a serious look at in the summer is Ross Barkley.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Santi has been pretty good, Bellegarde was signed as Nunes’ replacement as a RM in a 4-4-2 (where he looked excellent against Liverpool) and Enso was always one for the future.

Tommy Doyle and Santi Bueno were the signings of the season and they have looked very good for us. Bellegarde will come good next season once we can use him in his actual position.
I think you overrate them. Santi has looked an ok back up albeit a bit slow, Doyle a good back up for certain games and as for Bellegarde I hope you are right. I agree to an extent with Enso but he has hardly set the world alight for the U21s. If we are to lose some of our best players we need much stronger replacements than the aforementioned otherwise we will be in a relegation scrap.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OmPogba only follows 2 clubs, Juve and Wolves, so my son tells me!
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez, McAtee, Kabore sorry the likes of Bobb & Lewis won’t leave that’s their future we have to look at the ones they aren’t going to use. Maybe we will strike gold once more
Dunno about Bobb - City have another young Argentinian attacker, Echeverri, coming in next season.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's that bad a character actually. His every action was scrutinised at Man United. I actually feel a bit sorry for him as he's had a tumultuous few years. Wonderfully talented footballer, if his ban gets overturned then why not?

Another we should be taking a serious look at in the summer is Ross Barkley.
We can’t just raid relegation clubs though.

See Johnson, Fletcher and O Hara for details

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me see Neto going for £50 million, injuries have ruined his career up to now for us to get that kind of money he needs a season where he does not miss more than half a dozen games, added to which most clubs don't have that kind of money to spend, this window is going to be a buyer's window not a sellers market, RAN is a different kettle of fish, he has the ability to play further forward and as such he still has room to improve, I think RAN could go for £70 million if he carries on improving, one thing I don't understand is by all accounts RAN is not on big money why has he not been offered an improved and extended deal ?.

Agree. Neto right now isn't going for 50 million, the only way he gets to that valuation again is playing for us all next season without injury. And agree with RAN, 50 million is the base price and could go to 70 depending on any battle.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While there is an argument to be made that, if his appeal is successful, a season at a club like Wolves, (where he'd be in a top league, still good money and out of the OTT media spotlight of the Sky 6), I can't see it cutting much ice with Mr Pogba.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Man City pressed us better than any team I've seen play against us yesterday. They knew we had two left footed centre backs and they deliberately cut anything down our left off, if you watch the shape of the Man City forwards as they pressed it was very deliberate. It was an absolute master class in how to press, and we aren't the best at playing the press regardless.

Too many moving pieces yesterday I thought. We got completely overwhelmed.
They had us sussed. They picked Ake and Akanji (rather than Dias and Stones) at CH (with Walker as cover) so they had plenty of pace if they came up against Hwang and Cunha.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not forget the needs for authoritative characters .
Once we had Patricio , Coady , Neves and Moutinho on the pitch at the same time . All could be captain.
Now it’s Dawson if fit . It’s a big ask .

surreywolf

Reaction score
Sarcasm, wey hey!!!!!!

She could actually, but because you seem hurt because someone does not share your opinion, there seems to be no point. Enjoy your Sunday and your alone time with your Max Kilman posters, that I can guarantee are posted on your bedroom wall
Ha ha ha you okay fella?!!

Just very amusing your missus could tell Max looks scared. Someone should tell O’Neil

Last edited:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pogba what a condrum ability wise absolutely but he seems to have let off the field issues effect him.... however if GON can get a tune of him he would be a phenomenal signing and GON would have done what others can't.

Personally I'd steer clear.

Back
Top Bottom