Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrighty says the RAN penalty might be one of the worst decisions ever given.

Just a normal week for us mate.

He’s maybe exaggerating as it’s par for the course for us, but then I suppose he had vested interests at stake…

I have it recorded, but not sure I can be bothered watching after being punished enough to watch the original game on Sky.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
and to think if we didn't have these experts moaning every week for years about refereeing decisions, we would never have had VAR.
Ironically it would have evened itself up nicely today with two terrible decisions by the onfield ref, only one a clear and obvious mistake though apparently....

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I'm not watching MOTD but it WAS one of the worst decisions ever given .... and so vital for City to get a breakthrough in the first 20 mins or so.
Yes, the first goal is always vital. However even the most one eyed Wolves fan (like me) couldn't really pretend it did more than hurry along the inevitable outcome today.

geowolf

Reaction score
Yes, the first goal is always vital. However even the most one eyed Wolves fan (like me) couldn't really pretend it did more than hurry along the inevitable outcome today.
Disagree ... early breakthrough absolutely vital ... 0-0 after 30 mins and the dynamics change as tension creeps into the players and crowd

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree ... early breakthrough absolutely vital ... 0-0 after 30 mins and the dynamics change as tension creeps into the players and crowd

Agree on the players, but the crowd? Jesus, that stadium is the definition of a library. On Sky all I could hear was a couple of renditions of blue moon, and in between that, the Wolves fans chanting about the corrupt league, this is not football, and a few of our regular songs.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked very poor going forward . No real pace or control . No Adama moment looked likely,

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only saw the RAN penalty on MoTD (ridiculous decision I agree, made by someone who obviously has never actually played football) but I had been listening to the game live on the radio. Neither John Murray nor Chris Waddle said anything about it other than that it was a 'routine penalty' and there could be no arguments!

loppers86

Reaction score
I only saw the RAN penalty on MoTD (ridiculous decision I agree, made by someone who obviously has never actually played football) but I had been listening to the game live on the radio. Neither John Murray nor Chris Waddle said anything about it other than that it was a 'routine penalty' and there could be no arguments!
Carragher said on sky ‘for me that’s never a pen. If you can’t make challenges like that you can’t defend’.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a good point. Accepting terrible decisions has now become normalised amongst many pundits. MOTD is a bit of a holdout in that respect.

It does seem that instructions have gone around to not overly criticise decisions, again the MOTD is a part exception to this. But Wright is retiring, Lineker may not have long to go and Shearer seems to be taking more of a back seat. These pundits are/were important because of their record, their age and their belief in objective fairness.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s maybe exaggerating as it’s par for the course for us, but then I suppose he had vested interests at stake…

I have it recorded, but not sure I can be bothered watching after being punished enough to watch the original game on Sky.

In fairness to Ian Wright he was scathing about the disallowed goal versus West Ham. It was Wrighty who said one of the Match of the Day shows that he has never seen a team have so many dire decisions against them as Wolves have had.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to Ian Wright he was scathing about the disallowed goal versus West Ham. It was Wrighty who said one of the Match of the Day shows that he has never seen a team have so many dire decisions against them as Wolves have had.
But he and they thought the arsenal penalty yesterday was the correct decision! Which I actually thought was even worse than our one.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
But he and they thought the arsenal penalty yesterday was the correct decision! Which I actually thought was even worse than our one.
Yes, absolutely ridiculous decision, sure Wrighty had his Arsenal glasses (not sponsored by Specsavers) on there, although Jenas and Lineker agreed, 'not down to the striker to jump over the leg' pathetic comment.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, by now they just have a recording of Wright saying "thats one of the worst decisions ever made" that they use for all of our matches.
They’ve had a chord fitted in his back.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chris Waddle knew a lot about penalties and how not to convert them.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I only watched the Wolves bit Mate so I did not see that. Actually due to me watching the Blues game and all the other Championship stuff yesterday lunchtime I have yet to see any of Bournemouth getting stitched up. Says a lot for me about how I feel about the Sky Select League that 24 hours after a game has ended in the ' best league in the world ' that even though I recorded Match of the Day apart from the Wolves bit I cannot bothered to watch the rest of the show :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No great support for VAR from the panel. Wrighty against & Shearer would keep if better people were running it (Lineker questioned where they could be found).

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where the **** was the offside goal on MOTD tonight? BBC crap again.
The fact they didn’t show it speaks volumes!!! Can’t have the dirty peasants be the last scorers in a game featuring Klopp!
GN9_J05XYAAsBrv

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No great support for VAR from the panel. Wrighty against & Shearer would keep if better people were running it (Lineker questioned where they could be found).

Softened their stances now someone has actually opened up the possibility of getting rid……

Massive talk from the media, but now there is a chance to get it gone, they aren’t quite as loud about their distain of it .

I have noticed the same on 5 live and talksport…..

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Softened their stances now someone has actually opened up the possibility of getting rid……

Massive talk from the media, but now there is a chance to get it gone, they aren’t quite as loud about their distain of it .

I have noticed the same on 5 live and talksport…..
Have to see what they say if England are affected by it in the Euros although does seem to run better in tournaments.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to see what they say if England are affected by it in the Euros although does seem to run better in tournaments.

England and Harry Kane won a golden boot thanks to VAR stepping in to give pens….. so to many it is amazing

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think last night showed why for people like me and many others my interest in football at the top is circling the plug hole when the BBC Liverpool Lick - Spittle doing the interview said something like " How special was it to be involved today ! " Gary gave a diplomatic answer but to me that is modern football coverage summed it, " Thank yourself lucky you plebs are allowed on the pitch with one of the Premier League Elite " :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That question and top flight football coverage in general is why I get great joy when a Big Six club gets knocked out of a European Cup Competition :D:D:D

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think last night showed why for people like me and many others my interest in football at the top is circling the plug hole when the BBC Liverpool Lick - Spittle doing the interview said something like " How special was it to be involved today ! " Gary gave a diplomatic answer but to me that is modern football coverage summed it, " Thank yourself lucky you plebs are allowed on the pitch with one of the Premier League Elite " :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That question and top flight football coverage in general is why I get great joy when a Big Six club gets knocked out of a European Cup Competition :D:D:D

Or when they get treated properly by decent refs, when they don’t get every foul they appeal for, get fouls and yellow/red cards that they normally get away with…..

Their fans lose their minds to be treated like one of the plebs in the premier league who are not in the sky 6

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or when they get treated properly by decent refs, when they don’t get every foul they appeal for, get fouls and yellow/red cards that they normally get away with…..

Their fans lose their minds to be treated like one of the plebs in the premier league who are not in the sky 6
Comes as a bloody shock to them in Europe lol....

I actually heard some Gooners bleating that you don't get "proper refs like in the PL".....

Back
Top Bottom