Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s a combination of selling your best players constantly taking its inevitable toll + the extra games they’ve had in Europe.
A bit like Shi and Co with all things Portuguese, I think Brighton are hitting reality that following the same model in the Premier League only has a certain shelf life before it becomes less effective. If they lose De Zerbi in the summer, I think they may be a bottom half of the Prem side next season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think it’s a combination of selling your best players constantly taking its inevitable toll + the extra games they’ve had in Europe.
A bit like Shi and Co with all things Portuguese, I think Brighton are hitting reality that following the same model in the Premier League only has a certain shelf life before it becomes less effective. If they lose De Zerbi in the summer, I think they may be a bottom half of the Prem side next season.
They’re bottom half this season.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've become so boring. Four goals and one win in seven games - and likely to lose this one heavily to nil. Missing Ferguson and Mitoma plus six other regulars isn't helping.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep they’re giving off vibes of what happened to Southampton

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Almost got too many potentially good players but not consistent.

Probably need some experience and a settled side as they make lots of changes.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton feel they should have had a penalty, referee said no and the clowns at Fawlty Towers agree with him,

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The annoying thing with that pen decision with Joao Pedro is I feel it’s further evidence of the human bias element for the bigger clubs.

I reckon if that happens at the other end for City, the ref gives it all day long, and then waits for VAR to overturn it, it’s a marginal call so VAR sticks with the on field decision. In this scenario the ref has not given it, and waited for VAR to overturn his decision, and as it’s such a 50:50 call they don’t overrule him.

I’m convinced there is this subconscious bias for big clubs, where they rule in their favour and hope VAR either aligns with them or bails them out. They just don’t give the smaller clubs the marginal calls, particularly against the bigger clubs.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton fans standing up and sarcastically cheering the award of free kick in their favour says so much about the total contempt and lack of any feeling of fairness fans outside of the Sky Six have towards Howard Webb and his wasters of space

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's become more than ridiculous, Walker collides with the goalkeeper, the ball deflects off his arm to Alvarez who scores, no problem.
Wolves score after a minor 50/50 spat with 2 players off the ball, no connection with the goal, VAR says look at the screen, and we know what that means every time, no goal, " subjective foul" we can file that one against the "subjective offside" the other week.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've become so boring. Four goals and one win in seven games - and likely to lose this one heavily to nil. Missing Ferguson and Mitoma plus six other regulars isn't helping.

That's your answer.....similar to us, but they're way above relegation trouble which is the objective. Makes our efforts look pretty good, because Brighton have no financial worries.

It'll be a good test for them next season, even if De Zerbi moves on. They got better after Potter left, made a bomb on players, and have already invested in replacements.
The idea is that the manager can change, but the coaching stays the same and they can attract another good manager because they can see the quality of the squad of still unknown young players. It's an old Barcelona theory now, but Brighton have made it stick for a good few seasons and have spent very wisely.
Brighton have a long list of young players out on 2 club loans (one loan pre-January, switch their loan club post-January). See if any of them make the first team next season.
I think it will be a much tougher league next season with Leicester probably coming back, and maybe Leeds. Bournemouth's big money is paying off and they have some excellent players. Hopefully Luton stay up and get rid of Forest, who also have more money than them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great goal that one, Leeds in a bit of bother.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
QPR playing really well. Leeds have no focal point up front without Bamford.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing Leeds do have is goals in them, definitely not over yet.

Back
Top Bottom