Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, I didn’t claim that they were an improvement on those that left.
However, they did increase the squad after some left.

All I originally said was…..
“I’m not worried. I assume that all Wolves mgt. are extremely aware of our current situation and won’t want a repetition next season and will improve the squad.”

A very innocuous statement, imo.
You stated unambiguously that they improved the squad with the signing of Doyle, so by your logic if they sell Cunha, Neto and Gomes this summer and then sign a Man City reserve on loan they have "improved" the squad, correct?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You stated unambiguously that they improved the squad with the signing of Doyle, so by your logic if they sell Cunha, Neto and Gomes this summer and then sign a Man City reserve on loan they have "improved" the squad, correct?
So essentially this is a debate over where you measure the baseline? Certainly if you sell most of the quality in a squad then almost any signing(s) will represent an improvement on the rump. Whether that is an improvement on the starting position though.....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So essentially this is a debate over where you measure the baseline? Certainly if you sell most of the quality in a squad then almost any signing(s) will represent an improvement on the rump. Whether that is an improvement on the starting position though.....
Think tonight and the last few weeks have demonstrated conclusively the level of "improvement" in the squad delivered last summer by Jeff and his paymasters.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he's not blaming injuries again. That starting lineup with Cunha, Boubacar, Bueno, Doherty on the bench means the performance has to be better.

This is not the same as where we were throughout March and early April. We now have enough players back where you must look at the actual performances and gameplan.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If GON thinks he can win a power play with Shi, when a manager with the stature of Lopetegui couldn't, I think he should come to his senses sooner rather than later.

Neto and Dawson aside, he had a lot of options at his disposal tonight and served up something resembling Saundersball.

Last edited:

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Shi loses another head coach things could get very ugly very fast.
Shi sacked the most successful coach the club has had in 40 years, who was the fans' hero, and didn't think twice about fan reaction.

I really don't expect that O'Neil is going to be sacked imminently, particularly given Hobbs has come to the fore since and he was Hobbs' choice, but O'Neil would be wise not to believe that he can speak from a position of great strength here. If we don't pick up our form sharpish he will deliver the club's lowest finishing position in the PL since returning on top of having exited both cups to lower league sides.

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that he is yet another head coach left by the highpaid help without the necessary tools to do his job, and yet he is the one who gets the blame, who could blame him if he is?
No blame on Gaz for tonight at all?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Shi loses another head coach things could get very ugly very fast.
Especially one well connected and liked by the media journalists and ex-professional pundits on the radio and football shows.

This might be one, where Jeff really loses the PR war!!!

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
GON has got the vast majority of decisions right since he joined but he has to take some of the blame today.

I’m sure he’ll be looking through what went wrong and will have a plan to get us back firing again.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
Whine whine whine. All the time.

Does he not think that this incessant whining to the public translates to the players as excuses and negativity. Keep telling them they are fatigued and they’ll believe it. Tell them they’re great and they’ll believe it.

Our best period of the season was Christmas & New Year. The busiest part of the season. We barely rotated. We had players going off to afcon and Asia. Players weren’t tired then were they! Suddenly we’ve had a few bad results and the tiredness, small squad excuses come out.

How about some positivity for a change!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whine whine whine. All the time.

Does he not think that this incessant whining to the public translates to the players as excuses and negativity. Keep telling them they are fatigued and they’ll believe it. Tell them they’re great and they’ll believe it.

Our best period of the season was Christmas & New Year. The busiest part of the season. We barely rotated. We had players going off to afcon and Asia. Players weren’t tired then were they! Suddenly we’ve had a few bad results and the tiredness, small squad excuses come out.

How about some positivity for a change!
Interesting how a few folk come out of the woodwork.....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has got the vast majority of decisions right since he joined but he has to take some of the blame today.

I’m sure he’ll be looking through what went wrong and will have a plan to get us back firing again.

19th in the last 6 form guide, 18th in last 8……

He is taking his time to get us firing again…….

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he's not blaming injuries again. That starting lineup with Cunha, Boubacar, Bueno, Doherty on the bench means the performance has to be better.

This is not the same as where we were throughout March and early April. We now have enough players back where you must look at the actual performances and gameplan.

Someone should ask him why Traore wasnt starting tonight. Ridiculous after his performance against Arsenal. Same in a way with Hugo Bueno. Could have had him left wing back and RAN further forward as a left side partnership. Chirewa should have kept his place over Sarabia as well.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
19th in the last 6 form guide, 18th in last 8……

He is taking his time to get us firing again…….
Yeah there is no doubting the results have dropped off but we’ve had some crucial players missing so there are mitigating factors.

If we had Daws and Neto playing and had that form I’d be more worried.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think tonight and the last few weeks have demonstrated conclusively the level of "improvement" in the squad delivered last summer by Jeff and his paymasters.
I think, from my other posts, you will see that you and l are in violent agreement over that. I was merely trying to properly understand what was previously being discussed.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah there is no doubting the results have dropped off but we’ve had some crucial players missing so there are mitigating factors.

If we had Daws and Neto playing and had that form I’d be more worried.

Others have lost MORE players than we have and they haven’t had the same level of drop
Off…..

Back
Top Bottom