Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Very poor performance. Even with injuries and tiredness we should be more competitive than that. Need to put in a proper performance against Luton now. Suddenly become a needlessly important game.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May as well copy and paste my verdict from the comms thread now there's a proper verdict thread, so apologies for those reading it for a second time...!

-----

Another horror show and completely outplayed by a team better on and off the ball, until the disallowed goal sparked some life into us for a bit.

Formation/structure just odd from the outset. Bruno Lage-esque levels of tactics with our best midfielder knocking around at centre half (Neves away at West Ham, anyone?), Ait-Nouri seemingly roaming around anywhere he wants and as a result not being in the game whatsoever.

Semedo, Bueno, Toti, Doyle, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Sarabia, Hwang were all way below standard.

Lemina did OK, as did Kilman though he didn't cover himself in glory for the goal. Sa kept us in it.

Cunha, Boubacar and Doherty decent off the bench but it literally couldn't have got any worse for me. Chirewa showed good energy when we needed it but every pass he plays is underhit, not sure if it's because he's a child - helped them get a man sent off I suppose...

We've been rubbish for weeks now. Yes, injuries have killed us in recent weeks, but a side like that starting XI should be much, much better. Seven games without a win, and the only one we've won since February was the game where Fulham battered us and we sneaked a 2-1.

Stick that one on Monday Night Football.

PS - I probably sound annoyed. But I'm not at all, as sadly our season has been definitively over since we lost to West Ham (probably earlier in many people's eyes) - so for me, results at the moment actually mean nothing. But it'd be nice to watch us play well for once. I'm not having we played well against Arsenal either, we had one clear chance and should've lost 6-1, we just showed good energy because we didn't want to get embarrassed.

Onto Luton and a look at the fella who will be manager here before Christmas. :)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve finally had enough, stewards bring ****s in the Steve bull, wolves being **** abd worst of all VAR re refereeing games, it wasn’t brought in to do that. Time for non league, I don’t care I’ll lose my ticket anymore

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really poor performance. Thoroughly outplayed and outthought. As always, can’t fault the effort but even with the extra man advantage, we looked fairly short of ideas. VAR with its now customary joy-stealing moment but that shouldn’t mask how comprehensively second-best we were.

Bournemouth were superb throughout. Looked incredibly well-coached and their movement and fluidity was streets ahead of ours. Solanke’s hold-up play was excellent, with Kluivert, Semenyo, Scott and Christie all superb playing off him. Kerkez looked a real player until the sending off.

MoM Sa. Thought RAN did ok and Boubacar made a difference.

Sa 8
Bueno 5
Kilman 5
Toti 5
Semedo 5
Gomes 6
Doyle 5
Lemina 6
RAN 6
Hwang 5
Sarabia 5

Doherty 6
Traore 7
Cunha 5
Chirewa 6

What a **** up we’ve made of these last few weeks. As we saw with the Lage season and what followed, it’s not always easy to recover momentum once it’s gone.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were bloody awful today and on the balance of play we didn't deserve anything. Well we did deserve something we scored a fair goal but once again VAR and Atwell again is involved.

Nuno has talent for sensing **** refs yet usually gets fined until they upset Arteta,Pep or Klopp remember Mason? Nuno got fined for criticising him yet when Arteta does it Mason is out the door.

Would our goal tonight have been disallowed if we were City, Arsenal or Liverpool no way would it have.

Watching the game and listening to the two clowns which are Edwards and Oakley justify the decision is difficult to say the least..... if Joey Barton wants to criticise commentators he should listen to those two.

Is it 12 points now we have lost due to poor decisions?

Good points thought Sa did well, Chirewa is looking much more confident and wanted the ball didn't shy away from it like a lot of young players, so far I'm impressed I'd be tempted to give him the last few games.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was poor start to finish

Again a tough VAR call and a bottle less ref . Attwell is truly awful
Kilman is a liability without Dawson
Sarabia had a stinker
Doyle knackered.

We are brilliant at fizzling out. We are the team to play if you’re off form and have been got a while . Fans see it but the club don’t.

ONeil is learning and gets credit for keeping us up but half ***** performing like tonight, Coventry, palace , Brentford, West Ham Burnley Sheffield, Luton need to be analysed and learned from for next season or we will be in the mire. We are easy to play against for average teams.

Roll on next season. This end of season stinks. We haven’t beaten any of our next 4 opponents this season bar Man City and lightning isn’t striking twice there .

Thank god we are safe

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve finally had enough, stewards bring ****s in the Steve bull, wolves being **** abd worst of all VAR re refereeing games, it wasn’t brought in to do that. Time for non league, I don’t care I’ll lose my ticket anymore
Be the best decision you could make, apart from social side don't miss it at all.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Terrible first half, worst of the season. Just couldn't get going for whatever reason. Got to be better against Luton, no excuses about being tired.

Seen the disallowed goal, wtf is that all about. Only we would have a goal disallowed for that. VAR get involved when there's no need and when they should they stay quiet. Totally farcical from them.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably the worst performance at home this season. Bournemouth simply wanted it more. Hwang and Sarabia so poor. A pity Traore didn't start, thought he deserved to.

The season is now turning into an average one, which is a shame.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have things gone a bit Bruno Lage? Didn’t see the game. Seemed like a strong line up.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Bueno with a hamstring injury so that’s him and Dawson out

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just can’t see a result against Luton unless we dominate the game.. if it’s tight, they are going to want and need it so much more.

I am mostly concerned that the injuries, lack of January transfer action and consistently terrible VAR decisions have just completely knocked the wind out of our lads.. mentality is form.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team looks so drained of energy and confidence. These last 4 matches are going to be really tough to get through.

I'm shocked the VAR monitor is still in one piece after all the decisions this season, they are just desperate to get involved and make it all about them.

Looked much better when a fresh Traore came on for the knackard Gomes.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That match had everything to hate about football.
Poor atmosphere. Lot's of empty seats around the stadium.
Rubbish tactics from our manager.
Rubbish football from our players.
VAR refereeing the game when they said it wasn't there to ref a game! What was the clear and obvious error? Clearly "clear and obvious" is being invoked for some teams and not for others. If that goal is chalked off, why not the Forest goal after MGW's push on Semedo? It's complete and utter ******.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first half looked like Steve Davis was back. The cohesion was non existent and every single player (with thankfully the exception of Sa) was hopeless.

It started from the kick-off itself with the false start, non-movement and immediate surrendering of possession. Do we not do any prep work for simple standard situations like the kick-off? Nobody seemed to know where they were meant to be.

Incredibly, we seemed to want to play with a back four after a season of witnessing how bad these players are at playing with a back four. It could have been 0-5 at the break and we really couldn't have complained too much.

Half-time subs were baffling, as it seemed incredible that at least Bouba didn't come on for the hopeless Doyle to at least give us the threat of some bite in the centre of the park.

Second half eventually improved as shirkers like Sarabia were replaced, but there was almost no good football in all honesty. The "goal" was the only time we managed to make a pass, whip in a ball into a dangerous area and actually attack it. VAR then decided that Wolves don't deserve goals and that was that.

The 10 minutes of added time were just a mess where we needed someone to manage to hit a shot cleanly but nobody could - either just passing it on or making a right hash of the ball. One of the most depressing performances of the year.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking

awful tactics and too slow to change it

Not helped by awful performances from hwang, Sarabia, doc, kilman, bueno, doyle, toti

Could have been 6 or 7-0 if it wasn’t for Sa

Chirewa and traore really positive .

VAR ultimately costs us yet again though. Up to 11 points now

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Iv just got home… Is this seriously why they disallowed that goal…. Unbelievable.

I’m fed up with it all tbh. Sad we’ve got 2 more home games to go to, just end it now.

25k there tonight… lowest I’ve seen for ages
Not helped by Bournemouth bringing about 30 fans.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have things gone a bit Bruno Lage? Didn’t see the game. Seemed like a strong line up.
Think they've gone a bit more Lopetegui than Lage. It's disappointing but the players have nothing to play for and are knackered physically and mentally so can't reach the same levels, under Lage the rot had set in long before the results went south

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A complete and utter load of rubbish. We looked lacking in intensity, pace, desire at times. No idea how to pass and move. ONeil can blame tiredness but then drops Traore and Hugo. Having said that VAR has screwed us over again. The end of this season has turned into an almost predictable shambles with the way the January window was handled and the total lack of depth. A combination tonight of poor tactics, team selections, VAR and ridiculous squad depth thanks to those in charge has cost us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was shambolic. It was hugely embarrassing.

We have to separate the incident from the performance.

We were outplayed. I will give O'Neil a pass in the sense that Semedo had his worst 45 minutes in years. Lemina was terrible. Sarabia was awful. Ait-Nouri did nothing.

So, when they're all terrible, it's natural to come to the conclusion that they weren't fit. But, it does beg the question, why are they playing? Was this an ego thing from O'Neil that he was desperate to beat his old club?

We didn't really improve in the second half until the goal. It was a travesty that it went 1-1, it really was.

After that, we still didn't do much, but at least we had more pressure.

On the whole 90 minutes though, a fair reflection would've been a defeat by three goals at least.

Once again, the fans were right. We were let down in January, and this was inevitable. People don't want to hear it but you should be waking up when you see O'Neil's comments tonight. Our future is bleak. We need new owners but a terrible summer awaits again unfortunately.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No other team in PL would get penalised for that.
Not even Forest?

I had a feeling about tonight's game. Bournemouth are a good team who we caught at home because they were lacking in confidence at the time. We are a good team but were welcoming back a number of players on the night and I felt we would struggle. We did. I expect a far stronger performance against Luton at the weekend and injuries or lack of them permitting a stronger end to the season than many are suggesting. On the decision to drop Traore, a judgement call, managers will usually go with what they consider there strongest 11 and while he performed well against Arsenal, GON went back to what he considered his tried and trusted. He will be having second thoughts, no doubt

Back
Top Bottom