Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O'Neil - tactics

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Indeed, it's just an interview and I'd be surprised if GON got the job there but it would demonstrate that his work here is being appreciated and recognised elsewhere.

Hence why Shi needs to pull his finger out and ensure that GON is promised some proper backing in the Summer.
Very interesting watching all this (presumed) 'play' between club and manager. Someone said this is probably all his agent trying to make a point of sorts, I'm inclined to agree.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least Brighton got a few seasons out of Graham Potter before he was poached we barely got until April and that was after not even liking the bloke for the first 4 months
I don't know why I am inclined to believe this or at least a version where hes agent is playing games

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He worked for Liverpool previously in the academy and has a relationship with the new DoF. If they can’t get a big name manager in, not many other young managers that you can try.

Salah probably going and Trent wanted by Barca. Could be a big rebuilding job there with high expectations.

If he goes, Just hire Graham Potter. Plays 5 at the back too, bad situation at Chelsea and will be well suited at a club our size.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how the Wolves app copes with 90 billion Liverpool fans jumping on it for the 1pm press conference. The app's only hope is that they also show the press conference live on Sky Sports News.
Where is this on the app, please?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear what GON says about this today. A little disappointed if it’s true and he’s interviewed during the season. I understand it’s Liverpool but still feels disrespectful.

Hobbs did say we’re doing due diligence on managers as well as players now, so hopefully we’ll have names lined up. I genuinely didn’t think he’d be getting looked at by clubs of that calibre, at least not yet anyway.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
No journalist asking him the Liverpool question as of yet. Maybe not taking it seriously. Keen on holiday but Judah is there and asked fans to tweet him questions for GON and lot's asked about Liverpool. Maybe he'll raise his head above the parapet and ask.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes, fair play but in the same boat (if not worse) than Lopetugi for me. No other PL club would have given him a job last summer.

Raises further questions about the ownership if this does happen

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't believe half the guff we read ...

O'Neil has done well for us.....I'm not dissing him but talk of Liverpool is laughable really ....maybe he wanted to get his interview done this week incase Bournemouth and Luton turn us over.....might not have been so long an interview next week...

It's a joke by the way.....I'm not dissing him....just dissing the talk of the situation...

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't believe half the guff we read ...

O'Neil has done well for us.....I'm not dishing him but talk of Liverpool is laughable really ....maybe he wanted to get his interview done this week incase Bournemouth and Luton turn us over.....might not have been so long an interview next week...

It's a joke by the way.....I'm not dishing him....just dishing the talk of the situation...
Dishing him? What are you planning to serve him with?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it maybe someone putting 2 and 2 together a coming up with 7. Their new Sporting Director was at Bournemouth so I think that’s where the link has been manufactured from.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Think it maybe someone putting 2 and 2 together a coming up with 7. Their new Sporting Director was at Bournemouth so I think that’s where the link has been manufactured from.
Plus he was their u21 coach

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely zero chance this is true. Liverpool for a start won't be in a blind panic and interviewing guys at this stage of the season when they have so much going on as it is, especially approaching someone in a job and someone that would not be well received if they got the job.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair unless it comes from Percy or Romano it’s probably nonsense.
Possibly. Obviously Gary has officially denied it, which makes sense - he's not going to publicly confirm he interviewed for another job because it makes it look like he wants to leave, which is not good for team harmony. But the source of the story, DaveOCKOP, has nearly half a million followers on social media, he's no small fry it seems.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Obviously, I’m not going to be at Wolverhampton Wanderers forever. I’m sure they’ll get rid of me at some point when they’ve had enough of me. But until that day, I am desperate to work my socks off and leave the club in a better place than when I arrived."

That was on April 4.

Not getting the same vibes from Gaz at the moment.

Could it be Deja vu all over again

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Possibly. Obviously Gary has officially denied it, which makes sense - he's not going to publicly confirm he interviewed for another job because it makes it look like he wants to leave, which is not good for team harmony. But the source of the story, DaveOCKOP, has nearly half a million followers on social media, he's no small fry it seems.
He's denied it because it never happened. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble.

Millions of Liverpool fans follow any tripe on social media.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can ban me if it means it will improve your day. It's a small price to pay to avoid the GAZ to POOL rumour mill!
Good point…….maybe we can all get banned to avoid the silly gossip;)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont see GON going to Liverpool he is still a novice manager although he's done well so far in his career.

Liverpool fans wouldn't want him they are more likely to go for a big name and at the moment that is not Gary O'Neil.

Back
Top Bottom