Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell 250mill worth of players to spend 75mill?

What’s the thinking? I can never tell if you’re a WUM.. do you genuinely like the look of that starting lineup.. we would be going down with 150mill of profit in the bank.
How else are we going to fund building a new stand? Or stadium? We need to save money for future windows too.
And we aren’t signing Dia either.
Adams or Dia I ay fussed we need a target man and Adams ay one of them.
How's all that going to happen in 3 months? lol
So people moan about squad depth but don’t want us to sign too many players?

Of course we are a selling club Hobbs has said we are self sufficient. Sell big spend small. Save money for the future we will be fine. Trust the process Hobbs is the man to strike gold this summer.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeper - Alvaro Valles €15m
Right back - Ben Johnson free
Centre half - Kevin Danso €20m
Left back - Sergio Gomez or Juan Miranda swap / free
Midfield - Josh Brownhill free
Midfield - Tommy Doyle 5m
Attacking midfield - Callum O’Hare free
Winger - Jonathan Rowe €30m
Forward - Che Adams free
Forward - Boulaye Dia €10m
Forward - Oli McBurnie free

If we want squad depth we need to build a squad of experience I know this ain’t the best list of players but for €75m and bigger wages and bonuses say €100m outlay we will make back easily in sales

3 forwards needed we need outlets incase of injuries

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m

Funds itself really don’t it

Agree or disagree the squad needs beefing up regardless

Valles
Johnson Danso Dawson Toti Gomez
Lemina Brownhill
Cunha Adams Rowe
You're pretty much suggesting we sell all the Crown jewels in 1 go! Sorry but that's utter lunacy. This isn't FM. We need depth in the squad too, do you honestly think Dawson has a full season in him next year? He needs to be backup, not the linchpin. We'd be 1 injury away from playing Pond or one of the other kids.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How else are we going to fund building a new stand? Or stadium? We need to save money for future windows too.
Fosun need to pony up or it just can't and won't happen. Profits on the team need to be funnelled back in to the team, if not Hobbs won't keep making miracles forever, or will get frustrated and leave for a club that will back and reward his talents.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adams or Dia I ay fussed we need a target man and Adams ay one of them.

So people moan about squad depth but don’t want us to sign too many players?

Of course we are a selling club Hobbs has said we are self sufficient. Sell big spend small. Save money for the future we will be fine. Trust the process Hobbs is the man to strike gold this summer.
It's true, glass is expensive.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the loan market maybe our friend again we’ve not used it as much recently
Our academy is now just a fund raising business it’s not really producing home grown talent, it brushes up foreign talent occasionally but cundle and hodge will maybe generate £5m which will justify the academy for another couple of seasons
U18s seem a good group . Had a couple poached off us recently so I'm hoping one or two break through in the next couple of seasons.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will sign Yousef En Nesryri (mor) Mohammed Amoura (alg)...Koni De Winter (bel).. Rodrigo Gomes (por)..Victor Hugo (bra)....Alvaro Valles (Spain)..

Amongst others Neto Rayan Sa will leave ..

All based on the theory we have a Moroccan and Belgium flag from Saiss n donk in cupboard, so we we will only have to get them out on the Steve bull stand to save on new flags....job done.. ✅

It was the reason we didn't sign Broja in January, Jeff wouldn't pay for a new flag....

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Neto for decent money I’d be trying very hard to keep RAN. Buy a quality 9, add Chiqunho and Mosquera to the squad and I think we are in a decent position.

Will be very disappointed if we sell both Neto and RAN.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're pretty much suggesting we sell all the Crown jewels in 1 go! Sorry but that's utter lunacy. This isn't FM. We need depth in the squad too, do you honestly think Dawson has a full season in him next year? He needs to be backup, not the linchpin. We'd be 1 injury away from playing Pond or one of the other kids.
I wanted to keep Mosquera but only if he wants to play for Wolves. If we can make big money that’s how we can copy brighton but we must spend wisely. If we want a bigger squad we need to sign more players? Your right we need more quality but is a mid table stepping stone club that attractive? Big offers come in the Crown Jewels will leave naturally.

loppers86

Reaction score
Forward - Che Adams free

If we want squad depth we need to build a squad of experience I know this ain’t the best list of players but for €75m and bigger wages and bonuses say €100m outlay we will make back easily in sales

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m

Valles
Lemina Doyle
Cunha Adams Rowe
Did you actually suggest we sign Oli McBurnie?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted to keep Mosquera but only if he wants to play for Wolves. If we can make big money that’s how we can copy brighton but we must spend wisely. If we want a bigger squad we need to sign more players? Your right we need more quality but is a mid table stepping stone club that attractive? Big offers come in the Crown Jewels will leave naturally.
I agree we will sell the best players eventually. But you don't do that all at once. As has been suggested by the club it will be 1 or 2 a year. That's enough for us to sustain, but not rip the heart out of the team. If we did what you suggest we'd be relegated the next season, the moral of the team would be torn to shreds and you can guarantee Gary would be open to offers at that point. you're suggestion was spending £75m, which is reasonable, but only needs 2 big players and some of the periphery moved on to achieve. Gomes and Cunha 100% need to be here next year. 2 of RAN, Neto and Kilman are acceptable losses.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep Cunha, RAN, Gomes.

Sign x2 senior forwards who can come in and the quality doesn’t drop off a cliff.

Really is that simple for me.
Would people like the idea of Adams & McBurnie for jack all? Sasa be like a new signing when fit again. Fabio & Guedes out the door

I agree we will sell the best players eventually. But you don't do that all at once. As has been suggested by the club it will be 1 or 2 a year. That's enough for us to sustain, but not rip the heart out of the team. If we did what you suggest we'd be relegated the next season, the moral of the team would be torn to shreds and you can guarantee Gary would be open to offers at that point. you're suggestion was spending £75m, which is reasonable, but only needs 2 big players and some of the periphery moved on to achieve. Gomes and Cunha 100% need to be here next year. 2 of RAN, Neto and Kilman are acceptable losses.
Balance is key I just hope we find some good quality to replace what we’re losing. I trust the club but we need to be adventurous or just become a club making up the numbers

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would people like the idea of Adams & McBurnie for jack all? Sasa be like a new signing when fit again. Fabio & Guedes out the door

Balance is key I just hope we find some good quality to replace what we’re losing. I trust the club but we need to be adventurous or just become a club making up the numbers
I'd take Adams as backup or Mc Ernie at a stretch instead, not both. We need to be looking for a 1st choise striker too.

I hate to break it to you, but we are a club making up the numbers. If we can stay in the prem and have the odd "succesful" season we'll be doing well. We need to remember how long we spent outside the top flight and enjoy this for as long as we can.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we’ve got a self sustaining policy (sell to buy) but have we got the right players lined up £8-£15m is not guaranteed immediate PL success, it takes time. Also the Crown Jewels are generally the experienced players and you need to keep some to maintain identity and team culture. Not adverse to losing one or two and we know we need quantity as well as quality but it’s a careful juggling act. Just hope we get a ridiculous offer for Sa and possibly Kilman as the latter needs a Dawson next to him otherwise he’s poor. He might be a very good PL defender like Dawsonin 5/6 years time but his development curve is slow.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Adams as backup or Mc Ernie at a stretch instead, not both. We need to be looking for a 1st choise striker too.

I hate to break it to you, but we are a club making up the numbers. If we can stay in the prem and have the odd "succesful" season we'll be doing well. We need to remember how long we spent outside the top flight and enjoy this for as long as we can.
Unfortunately floating around and having the odd cup run is our level. That’s fine but let’s have some fun while doing it

We need quality players to improve. Hopefully we can conquer South American markets once more

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The backbone of the team is the midfield axis of lemina /gomes. They and cunha we have to keep. I would miss ait nouri but for 70 million we have to consider this kind of money.
The problem we have is that many of our best players have 2 years left on their contracts. Sell sell sell buy buy buy.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The backbone of the team is the midfield axis of lemina /gomes. They and cunha we have to keep. I would miss ait nouri but for 70 million we have to consider this kind of money.
The problem we have is that many of our best players have 2 years left on their contracts. Sell sell sell buy buy buy.
love ait nouri and his ability to get people off their feet but at that sort of money it is a no brainer. Anything 50m plus and he will be gone. After angers paid off will leave more than enough to replace him and get another forward in to strengthen the squad overall.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
love ait nouri and his ability to get people off their feet but at that sort of money it is a no brainer. Anything 50m plus and he will be gone. After angers paid off will leave more than enough to replace him and get another forward in to strengthen the squad overall.
If he goes to Citeh we might get Sergio Gomez in return plus cash which is probably the best deal available?????? Can play left back, wing back, left midfield, left forward… Centre midfield.

Just needs games to showcase his abilities like any player.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned it the other day.....but I would love the Idea of Gabriel Sara from Norwich....

People might not think it's a position we need to spend big on, but we need to continue to progress in that area...Lemina won't get any better in terms of fitness and durability....he definitely doesn't need to play as much next season and consequently can attack more games at full pelt....

Still unsure about Bouba long term....love the lad and can't fault him but not sure he has the quality on the ball required at this level......if we could get 10m for him , plus sell the likes of Cundle and Hodge we maybe 75% of the way for the fee for Sara....

Brazilian is used to the physicality of the league system and gives us another dynamic option in midfield...Sara would offer more goals than Bouba..

Sara and En Nesryri would be top of my list....

Last edited:

fleck1

Reaction score
Of all our players its RAN I don't see here next season, he's had a real break out season and there is too much noise around interest in him. I think Neto's injuries potentially put off his suiters for the fee we'd want and they will want to see him stay fit, though feel we'll get bids but will come with a lot of add on's.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forward - Che Adams free

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m

Valles
Lemina Doyle
Cunha Adams Rowe
So we sell all our best players in one go! Brilliant. And their replacements ....even more hilarious. Neto is the only important player we can afford to let go. The key to staying up and progressing is to keep hold of Ait-Nouri, Joao Gomes and Cunha and build a team around them.. You could add Killman to that with Dawson ageing. McBurnie and Che Adams as the striker answer? You are bonkers honestly. And I think Rowe has struggled of late.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of all our players its RAN I don't see here next season, he's had a real break out season and there is too much noise around interest in him. I think Neto's injuries potentially put off his suiters for the fee we'd want and they will want to see him stay fit, though feel we'll get bids but will come with a lot of add on's.
Ait-Nouri is the most important player for us to KEEP. Never mind the noise...we have many other players we can use to raise money and its about time Fosun showed some investment ambition as far as is allowed. Joao Gomes, Cunha and him are the key to any progress next season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree on RAN but i dont see where he would go
Cant see him as a Man C player or Arsenal really Liverpool maybe but depends on new manager
Hes a bit of a wild card player that probably will never be tamed and that doesnt suit most of the top teams but who knows they bought Nunes after all lol

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned it the other day.....but I would love the Idea of Gabriel Sara from Norwich....

People might not think it's a position we need to spend big on, but we need to continue to progress in that area...Lemina won't get any better in terms of fitness and durability....he definitely doesn't need to play as much next season and consequently can attack more games at full pelt....

Still unsure about Bouba long term....love the lad and can't fault him but not sure he has the quality on the ball required at this level......if we could get 10m for him , plus sell the likes of Cundle and Hodge we maybe 75% of the way for the fee for Sara....

Brazilian is used to the physicality of the league system and gives us another dynamic option in midfield...

Sara and En Nesryri would be top of my list....
The club must not be distracted from signing a couple of first choice strikers and a winger if/when Neto goes. Everything else is secondary and funds may be somewhat limited to cover more than three serious signings. Mosquera coming back hopefully solves one problem and Hoever and/or Lembikisa can offer cover and gain from GON's coaching. Chiquinho also can be acceptable back up.Our midfield options are fine for next season at least once Doyle is signed.

fleck1

Reaction score
Cant see him as a Man C player or Arsenal really Liverpool maybe but depends on new manager
Hes a bit of a wild card player that probably will never be tamed and that doesnt suit most of the top teams but who knows they bought Nunes after all lol
I think Pep will be all over him this summer, seems the ideal left back for them. Walker tucking in to make it a three at the back and RAN having free reign to create chaos with very little defensive responsibility. He has excellent feet, he can beat a man, links up well and defensively sound.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of those teams need a young forward attacking left back...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we sell all our best players in one go! Brilliant. And their replacements ....even more hilarious. Neto is the only important player we can afford to let go. The key to staying up and progressing is to keep hold of Ait-Nouri, Joao Gomes and Cunha and build a team around them.. You could add Killman to that with Dawson ageing. McBurnie and Che Adams as the striker answer? You are bonkers honestly. And I think Rowe has struggled of late.
What’s bonkers is wanting a new stand or stadium, a 30 man first team squad funded by one sale of Neto? That is not realistic unfortunately. Jeff Shi kind of thinks this way. Which is why we have an injury crisis and sell every manager short. McBurnie is a cheap option and target man outlet to bring on in games. Not someone to start every match. He’s homegrown which is really important to folk on here. You have to sell players when they are at peak prices which they probably are. Only takes one bad season and you’ve lost a lot of value. Look at Sasa and Fabio I doubt we will move them on for much?????

Back
Top Bottom