Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been told to expect more players in the £10m-£15m bracket as opposed the £25m-£50m one.

Let's hope the club have identified that spending £40m on two players is more beneficial than one, rather than slashing the spending by half. We must have a larger squad of senior pro's.
I’m not worried. I assume that all Wolves mgt. are extremely aware of our current situation and won’t want a repetition next season and will improve the squad.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not worried. I assume that all Wolves mgt. are extremely aware of our current situation and won’t want a repetition next season and will improve the squad.
We've needed a bigger squad since Nuno's first season. We've always been short or imbalanced. In all that time they've never got it right.

What fills you with such confidence?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure you're not, I genuinely believe you'll always be an apologist for the club. Fair play.
We've needed a bigger squad since Nuno's first season. We've always been short or imbalanced. In all that time they've never got it right.

What fills you with such confidence?
Ok…..first.
I’m no walk over and am no “apologist “. Sad that the word ‘apologist’ has a connotation to some on the Mix that part of its definition is negative.

I am not one to follow like a lemming or a sheep or always assume that every thing Wolves or Jeff does is wrong without proof. Fools do that…not me.
I’m basically an upbeat, cheerful and positive bloke. Not that I think for a second that Wolves mgt. are infallible but neither do I think they always get things wrong. Far from it.

All I said was that I believe that Wolves will improve the squad this upcoming window and they will. Quite straightforward.
Why do I believe that? Well, first, there is a pattern. Wolves under Fosun have ALWAYS improved the squad every summer widow, right?
Why wouldn’t they this window?..

It’s kinda a slam dunk, imo. They need to do this and therefore will. Isn’t it obvious?

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok…..first.
I’m no walk over and am no “apologist “. Sad that the word ‘apologist’ has a connotation to some on the Mix that part of its definition is negative.

I am not one to follow like a lemming or a sheep or always assume that every thing Wolves or Jeff does is wrong without proof. Fools do that…not me.
I’m basically an upbeat, cheerful and positive bloke. Not that I think for a second that Wolves mgt. are infallible but neither do I think they always get things wrong. Far from it.

All I said was that I believe that Wolves will improve the squad this upcoming window and they will. Quite straightforward.
Why do I believe that? Well, first, there is a pattern. Wolves under Fosun have ALWAYS improved the squad every summer widow, right?

It’s kinda a slam dunk, imo. They need to do this and therefore will. Isn’t it obvious?

Well they didn’t improve the squad last summer…. Infact they gutted it, made it weaker on the whole and sold a significant chunk of the playing staff……

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok…..first.
You need to look up the definition of Apologist
No they haven't. They've spent lots of money but other than the summer after promotion, recruitment hasn't been great. The approach to recruitment has been scattergun and more miss than hit.

The last summer window is one of the better ones despite having still not addressed the striker problem. Santi and Doyle look good signings, permanent deals for Cunha and Traore range from excellent to Okay...

The defence in my opinion is no better than what we were promoted with. Midfield perhaps is now better even with the departures of Neves and Mourinho while attack has been a real mixed bag in terms of recruitment...

Nuno's first three windows were a resounding success. Since however has been middling at best.
No, it's not. Its obvious we've needed a nine since Raùl's injury. It's never been properly remedied. They've needed to do this for some time and still haven't. Nothing obvious about it.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they didn’t improve the squad last summer…. Infact they gutted it, made it weaker on the whole and sold a significant chunk of the playing staff……
Who can forget the summer in which they cut Coady, Saïss, Dendoncker, Boly and Marçal while replacing them with calamity Collins - masterstroke.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok…..first.

"Always improved the squad" you say, how about last summer and this January, even a stretch for you?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
…but that’s the issue right there. This site is awash with the worst type of accusations that could be levelled at the owners of a football club. Yet the evidence runs contrary to those accusations. What was it last year…’Fosun are asset stripping getting ready to sell’?
Yet the get out is always ‘I hope they prove me wrong but…’ And, even if they do prove you and the others wrong, we may get a single apology, if we’re lucky, but then you’ll find something else to moan about.
I’ve loved this time with Fosun as our owners. There have been many more ups than downs and we’ve been treated to some absolutely majestic footballers playing for us. Yet I can’t help thinking that a lot of posters on here just can’t see the wood for the trees. Even this season, with a thin squad has been great. Football isn’t always about winning or making the right choices. It’s about drama, a story, a shared lived experience, the jeopardy. I think that’s lost on many people.

Prove me wrong on FFP please. I'm all ears. How are we going to lose £39m this year, which has been claimed. If we're not, the club are liars.

This season has been great because of Gary O'Neil, who was appointed by Hobbs, who was appointed by Wolves if you want to go down that road.

You shouldn't judge owners entirely on league position.

When we were in the Championship, were Fosun average owners? No, they were outstanding. When we finished 7th in our first season back, they were arguably one of the best in the division.

If you judge us now, there are major questions about Fosun and concerns about the future are valid.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From personal experience from when I was lucky to be paid to play a sport, and when I worked in football.

When the squad isn’t well run in terms of numbers and you get thread bare and you are forced to be playing too much and others now in the starting lineup and matchday squad are the youth who aren’t ready or players who are just not to standard, believe me players do moan about it with each other and their coaches and representatives the longer it goes on and results aren’t good. No matter how well the coaches have done to build a strong squad. Players are only human.

I have seen players who are publicly happy, demand talks with owners to see what the future is and if the answers aren’t convincing, the player ask to leave at the end of that season……

They will rarely show it publicly, but the moaning and hissy fits do happen…… us as fans outside of the set ups don’t see them.

Not saying that is happening with us, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a few aren’t happy behind closed doors with the situation we are in currently with the playing squad numbers who are fit.
Yep. Doesn't matter who the team is, when the results aren't going for you the negatives are magnified. I would be amazed if there wasn't a little dissent from a few in our squad at being run into the ground

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prove me wrong on FFP please. I'm all ears. How are we going to lose £39m this year, which has been claimed. If we're not, the club are liars.

This season has been great because of Gary O'Neil, who was appointed by Hobbs, who was appointed by Wolves if you want to go down that road.

You shouldn't judge owners entirely on league position.

When we were in the Championship, were Fosun average owners? No, they were outstanding. When we finished 7th in our first season back, they were arguably one of the best in the division.

If you judge us now, there are major questions about Fosun and concerns about the future are valid.
So you’re judging on a snapshot and not longer term. That’s nuts.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because you're taking something for granted when there is no evidence to show that it is true.
Ok…fair comment.
However the very definition of assume implies that there is no evidence of it being accurate.
For example, I assumed that you’re not incarcerated or are a pedophile. ;)

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to look up the definition of Apologist

No they haven't. They've spent lots of money but other than the summer after promotion, recruitment hasn't been great. The approach to recruitment has been scattergun and more miss than hit.

The last summer window is one of the better ones despite having still not addressed the striker problem. Santi and Doyle look good signings, permanent deals for Cunha and Traore range from excellent to Okay...

The defence in my opinion is no better than what we were promoted with. Midfield perhaps is now better even with the departures of Neves and Mourinho while attack has been a real mixed bag in terms of recruitment...

Nuno's first three windows were a resounding success. Since however has been middling at best.

No, it's not. Its obvious we've needed a nine since Raùl's injury. It's never been properly remedied. They've needed to do this for some time and still haven't. Nothing obvious about it.
Please read back.
All I said was that I believe that Wolves will improve the squad………very straightforward statement.
No ambiguity there.

But if it doesn’t come about then please do come back to this in late August. Afterall, I could be proved wrong.

PS……no point in looking up the word ‘apologist’ as its meaning on the Mix is different from what a dictionary may say.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Always improved the squad" you say, how about last summer and this January, even a stretch for you?
I never mentioned January windows, right? I deliberately did not include January windows.

And yes, they improved the squad last summer with Tommy Doyle.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please read back.
All I said was that I believe that Wolves will improve the squad………very straightforward statement.
No ambiguity there.
And that's fine, I hope you're right. I've also said I "hope" for the same. I don't have your belief and conviction though. We're curious as to what gives you such confidence? Which you've been unable to express.
But if it doesn’t come about then please do come back to this in late August. Afterall, I could be proved wrong.
Lots of people are giving examples of why your confidence is misplaced, you've not responded.
PS……no point in looking up the word ‘apologist’ as its meaning on the Mix is different from what a dictionary may say.
Please look it up. You seem happy to label yourself as an apologist , which is weird. For example a Putin apologist would never name themselves as such. It would suggest they know he and they are in the wrong.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its never totally the players decision,its the medical team and the manager that give the diagnosis and the prognosis
GON said Dawson wanted to play as most players do,but hes not fit to play more than 10 minutes and could make things worse
From what he said its a minor groin op at the moment if he played it could be a major one that keeps him out for months rather than weeks
Ofc the player has to give consent, but its never really an option as a professional
We all have the ultimate veto on what is done to our bodies. Agreed there will be multiple contrbutions to the decision making process but in the end, professional athlete or not, it is up to the individual.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never mentioned January windows, right? I deliberately did not include January windows.

And yes, they improved the squad last summer with Tommy Doyle.
I didn't think even you could claim the signings made last summer were an improvement on those that left.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Being selfish, I'd be happy if they're all rested for Bournemouth, so they can all play against Luton. My son's desperate to see RAN and Cunha play in particular, and I don't think I can put up with a 6+ hour car journey home, with him being a grumpy wee ****e, if he doesn't get to see them! :tearsofjoy:
Sorry Jock Jr, Bournemouth is more of a 6 pointer and actually we don't mind Luton winning if it helps send forest and Gobbs-****e down :p

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't think even you could claim the signings made last summer were an improvement on those that left.
Actually, I didn’t claim that they were an improvement on those that left.
However, they did increase the squad after some left.

All I originally said was…..
“I’m not worried. I assume that all Wolves mgt. are extremely aware of our current situation and won’t want a repetition next season and will improve the squad.”

A very innocuous statement, imo.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's fine, I hope you're right. I've also said I "hope" for the same. I don't have your belief and conviction though. We're curious as to what gives you such confidence? Which you've been unable to express.

Lots of people are giving examples of why your confidence is misplaced, you've not responded.

Please look it up. You seem happy to label yourself as an apologist , which is weird. For example a Putin apologist would never name themselves as such. It would suggest they know he and they are in the wrong.
First…..I did in a very small limited say way why I’m confident.
Why I’m confident is immaterial isn’t it? Who cares why I’m confident? If my confidence is misplaced……so what?

I never labeled myself an apologist, did I? Somebody else did…..read back one page please.

All this is because I posted this short, innocuous statement.
“I’m not worried. I assume that all Wolves mgt. are extremely aware of our current situation and won’t want a repetition next season and will improve the squad.”

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Said on Saturday that we’d see more of the injured parties available for the more winnable games this week.

No doubt they’d picked up knocks but Saturday’s game was probably more about risk management.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on Saturday that we’d see more of the injured parties available for the more winnable games this week.

No doubt they’d picked up knocks but Saturday’s game was probably more about risk management.
I’m with you on this. If we had beaten Coventry I have no doubt that these players would have featured last weekend in the semi final.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First…..I did in a very small limited say way why I’m confident.
Why I’m confident is immaterial isn’t it? Who cares why I’m confident? If my confidence is misplaced……so what?

I never labeled myself an apologist, did I? Somebody else did…..read back one page please.
Indeed you didn't. You did suggest though that the mixers definition of the word is wrong. So you need to learn it's definition because "apologist" is wholly negative. A Putin apologist would never label themselves as such, as that would acknowledge they were wrong in their support.
All this is because I posted this short, innocuous statement.
I'm just trying to understand what gives you confidence we'll improve the squad? I know you've said we have in the past but a few, including myself have explained how we haven't in most of the recent transfer windows.

Back
Top Bottom