Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Committed if unspectacular effort from us.

I would have loved to see our first team have a crack tonight, I think we’d have given them a bit more to think about.

Further evidence that Fosun have to back O’Neil in the summer. I’m not talking silly money, but try to keep the squad together and supplement with 2/3 additions.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Considering people were saying it might be double figures, we did well. Doyle was outstanding. With everyone fit I think we’d have got a result. Expected more from Arsenal, don’t look like title winners to me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really proud of the effort but that second half was a fairly sobering watch knowing we couldn’t lay a glove on them going forward.

Thought Kilman played well as did the midfield three in their respective ways. Chirewa did well first half before understandably tiring in the second.

Sa 6
S Bueno 7
Kilman 7
Toti 6
Doherty 5
Traore 7
Doyle 7
Gomes 7
H Bueno 6
Chirewa 6
Hwang 6

Lemina 6

All been said before but such a shame that what could have been an incredible season was allowed to fizzle out in the way that it has.

On another note, I find myself empathising with GON tonight. My U14’s team is playing one of our promotion rivals tomorrow and 3 out of my 4 forwards are away on a Duke of Edinburgh weekend. Probably alongside most of tonight’s bench…

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really proud of the effort but that second half was a fairly sobering watch knowing we couldn’t lay a glove on them going forward.

Thought Kilman played well as did the midfield three in their respective ways. Chirewa did well first half before understandably tiring in the second.

Sa 6
S Bueno 7
Kilman 7
Toti 6
Doherty 5
Traore 7
Doyle 7
Gomes 7
H Bueno 6
Chirewa 6
Hwang 6

Lemina 6

All been said before but such a shame that what could have been an incredible season was allowed to fizzle out in the way that it has.

On another note, I find myself empathising with GON tonight. My U14’s team is playing one of our promotion rivals tomorrow and 3 out of my 4 forwards are away on a Duke of Edinburgh weekend. Probably alongside most of tonight’s bench…
Gomes an 8 or even 9 for me, Hwang a 5.

Traore was good in the tackle

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did well considering the circumstances, I think Traore did well, Doyle my MOTM also think Chirewa didn't look out of place.

I think lessons need to be learnt for this season if we only lose one of (RAN,Neto, Gomes or Cunha) and bring in a bit more depth we will be in a better position next season. A like for like for any we lose and a couple of squad fillers across the forward line

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal looked a little low on confidence, I felt if we'd have kept it at 0-0 into 70mins they might have started losing their composure and leave some gaps but once that goal went in it was always going to be a struggle 2nd half. Especially considering our front line currently consists of a 20yo who is nowhere near ready for the Premier League and a half fit Hwang.

Gomes is outstanding, the energy he showed up and down the pitch. Would love to see his heatmap for the game.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Couldn't go today, but driving home during the 1st half and listening on the radio the fans sounded very loud. Watched the 2nd half on Sky and there was continuous noise from the Wolves fans.

I thought we did well in the circumstances and it wasn't the whitewash it could have been.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering people were saying it might be double figures, we did well. Doyle was outstanding. With everyone fit I think we’d have got a result. Expected more from Arsenal, don’t look like title winners to me.

With everybody fit we 100% win that.
Arsenal are mentally fragile and we attack quick, with purpose and pace.

It's a shame that mismanagement has caused our season to peter out.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outplayed, but did ourselves proud considering the injuries. Season fizzling out which is disappointing. Thought today was very similar to the Villa game, matched them, maybe less so tonight, but our options going forward meant they had little threat when they pushed forwards.
Cunha would've been a huuuge difference.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well in the circumstances. Arsenal didn’t have to get out of second gear though to be honest. I was a bit disappointed we didn’t put them under a bit more pressure last 5 minutes though.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Shame we couldn't have our forward players fit, I think we could have beaten them.

Played well with the walking wounded. Hopefully we will not be in this position next season. GON deserves a decent squad and I think he could do something very good job with it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we did ok. We obviously had no real attacking threat but felt we defended well as a team and looked to break when we could.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the performances in the losses against Villa and Arsenal have made me more impressed with GON as a manager. I like how we tried to play. Impresses with Boubs, Kilman, Gomes Doyle and both Bueno's. First 30 of Chirewa looked nice too.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Thought Doc actually got better as the game went on, but his touch was awful for the opening 10-15.

Considering the circumstances we played very well without really threatening (oh for Cunha and Neto in this game). Boys can be proud, just wish more had stayed to the end to cheer them off. Arsenal would be weak champions.

South Bank terrific tonight.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played well. We have some outstanding players! And Boubakar did better than I thought he would. Gomes will be world class. Really proud of this team, they are special, never give up.
What was the song half the south bank sang through the second half? Thought they were good today.
Ref didn't do us any favours, as always.
Let's beat Bournemouth and Luton

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thought we played well. We have some outstanding players! And Boubakar did better than I thought he would. Gomes will be world class. Really proud of this team, they are special, never give up.
What was the song half the south bank sang through the second half? Thought they were good today.
Ref didn't do us any favours, as always.
Let's beat Bournemouth and Luton
Bouba did really well I thought

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Proud of the team tonight. I think everyone understands the circumstances and all we want is to see the players we have left giving it everything, which they certainly did. Hopefully RAN and Cunha can give us some more threat on Wednesday, hanging on for 75 mins and then trying to catch them when they're tired is a desperate if understandable tactic. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love a Saturday evening KO, proper atmosphere.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing the limited numbers we have and even if Arsenal’s dominance in the 2nd half made the second 45 a bit dull, we gave that a good go and showed strong belief throughout.

Thought Gomes and Doyle were excellent throughout and helped restrict the Opposition very well in the first half.

And good that Rayan and Hwang both got minutes.

Hope we play with that desire on Wednesday and I think we could get a win on the board!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can say "they didn't have to get out of second gear", but at 80 minutes they took off Jesus and put on a holding midfielder, and they were time-wasting after that. They were happy with and protecting 0-1.
By that point they had what they wanted, namely a win and three points.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't go with the 'Arsenal never got out of 2nd gear' line. We didn't allow them to play - especially 1st half they continually came up against a brick wall when attacking. Mostly shooting from outside the box.
Our back 3 and midfield trio were excellent. Sadly, the first goal effectively killed us off tho' it was clear that they weren't comfortable at 0-1 by the way they pressed hard for a 2nd just after the break.
Doherty may be an adequate squad player for the majority of PL fixtures, but surely not for matches against the Sky6.

Back
Top Bottom